Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 07:11:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new brand OFF-MAPS...  (Read 11263 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2012, 07:21:53 am »

Reducing drift and making them less erratic would be making them more of an I win button as well.
How many times do I have to repeat this? There's still call in timers preventing them from being 'win buttons'. Drift has nothing to do with off-maps being (or not being) a win button. Drift just makes off-maps random, making them RANDOM win buttons if anything. (I.e they worsen the situation)

If people chose more upgrades and less off maps, wouldn't it take care of this problem....
No because NO ONE bought off-maps; People didn't just buy 'less', they didn't buy any at all. One can hardly call that a solution, now can he.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 07:23:35 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2012, 08:07:23 am »

i would personally just choose as much offmaps as logically possible, mortar? offmap, atg/pak? Offmap, OH another mortar? offmap teeheee another mortar Wink offmap!

the way it is now is fine. what some players tend to think is that because they cant see it coming down and all that shit, it means it shouldnt kill alot. well if someone say use stormtroopers as part of his company, and Won the game with stormtroopers, then all well is good, but if one considers offmaps to have won the game, OH HELL BREAKS LOOSE. grow some maturity is my answer.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:09:30 am by Demon767 » Logged

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2012, 10:32:24 am »

No because NO ONE bought off-maps; People didn't just buy 'less', they didn't buy any at all. One can hardly call that a solution, now can he.

So really what happened is the Dev team or balance at the time fucked it up so badly that there was absolutely no good reason to purchase the offmap. There was absolutely no value to it.

I have faith that our current BT would assign the correct values to ensure it had value with out being OP.

Kinda like if you make timers too long on an off map it becomes completely useless and no one will purchase it. Your argument is very flawed, biased and self serving IMO.

If a player has a choice between spending his munitions on good upgrades or spending them on good Offmaps, he will choose what benefits his play style or company composition the best.

If the offmap is accurate and productive for it's balance cost, fits well to your play style and company build, then why would it get ignored?

On the other hand, if the BT fucked up completely, assigned an unbalanced Muni cost to an inaccurate offmap with long delay, I would ignore it.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2012, 11:22:54 am »

some people use off maps on odd things. I've had players waste an off map trying to grief me, its the funniest thing, especially when they could've used it on something threatening them directly.

Personally I feel all artillery rages players because it can be so powerful.  They're kinda like snipers, there's not a lot of risk using off maps (unless it's the earth shaker, v1 or lancaster) even a lot of on map artillery pisses players off.

I think there's really no way to make everyone happy with off maps. You can't balance them across all doctrines because they're all so different and if you make them all the same, its gets rather boring and then it becomes routine dropping them and dodging them.

edit: also, some of those broken off maps need to be fixed, that'll help some.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2012, 11:33:09 am »

edit: also, some of those broken off maps need to be fixed, that'll help some.

Naming these broken offmaps thatn eeds to be fixed would help the process quite a lot. When I hear a broken off map I'm thinking of a offmap that kills anything instantly, has big splash and a large radius in spread like US Tier 3 Howitzer offmap.

Or a very useless and weird offmap such as the Armor T2(?) smoke round offmap. Or the questionable V1 strike with its slow drop time and very shit drift making it the weirdest and most random strike in the whole mod.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Hisspants Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2012, 12:07:53 pm »

Naming these broken offmaps thatn eeds to be fixed would help the process quite a lot.

Axis uber derp offmap (rocket strike?) it comes in pretty fast but all of the rounds come down within a second... ends up being about as effective (destruction wise) as the V1 but there isnt really enough warning and EVERYTHING gets kaboomed.

Lancaster: I got a couple issues with it. Incoming sound is sooooo much louder than a V1 (which you can miss if a lot of stuff is going on). Herp derp can be shot down by 88s? what the hell? V1 cant be killed so I don't think Lancaster should be killable either.

Typhoon Rocket strike: as much as I like it (cause it is uber derp) it just trashes anything it hits... though that could be considered acceptable since it is a t3 unlock. might be worth lowering derposity a tad not much though. Maybe give it a burn effect with less initial damage.

Axis Precision strike (or whatever it is called. the one that lights up the target slightly): ummm it tracks? if its going to track then sheer damage should drop... shouldnt be able to take a full health tank down to half health on a non-direct hit. Not a skill shot... just a one button victory/uber effectivness especially.

Stuka strike: I like it for the most part. but the area burn effect is too good and lasts too long. reduce fire damage on it or remove fire damage.

wish I could comment on the howitzer barrage but I havent used it... sounds like its uber derp though... maybe take a look at it.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2012, 12:43:34 pm »

broken = not working

not

broken = OP

some off maps will be stronger than others, its just how it is.

yeah there are a few off maps that need to be reworked a bit to make it more balanced but some of the ones you mention work quite well but are just strong.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:49:51 pm by Tymathee » Logged
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2012, 12:53:11 pm »

Typhoon rocket strike can be shot down fairly easily and is also very narrow effect. Move to either side and you can easily dodge completely.

Rocket barrage is frustrating just because of the very wide area and suppression. I don't often have a unit take damage from many rockets if I am on top of my game and move them. But i will often have one take suppression from a rocket and then one more hits and slaughters it.

Decreasing the suppression range slightly would fix the only issues I have with this particular one.

Making V1 somewhat louder with drift in line with lancaster seems like a good idea as well.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
Contaminator Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2012, 01:10:05 pm »

Decreasing the suppression range slightly would fix the only issues I have with this particular one.

+1

i think V1 is good on sound I just think the Lancaster should be decreased in volume and length of the sound... cause it makes noise all the way in. But the biggest problem for me is the ability to get shot down. Its an emplacement killer/anti-doom fort which always has an 88. If Lancaster can get shot down then what is the point... would like to see invulnerability of Lancaster. if nothing else is changed I can live with that.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2012, 02:02:14 pm »

i agree, the sound is just insane.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc