Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 05:17:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Europe In Ruins Intro CInematic Movie  (Read 6031 times)
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« on: January 16, 2011, 09:37:38 am »

Surprise!

I worked on this intro cinematic i did with NIS and some help from Elitegren(who got me my sound Cheesy) and well it became longer than expected.

Hold onto your seats, it's 11:24 minutes. It's in HD though, so if it doesn't take too long to load, watch it in HD!

Keep in mind it's my first NIS project and I'm looking for improvement Tongue Some scenes didn't turn out as well as i hoped, including some sound files that didn't fit in so well. The scene with the brits was originally the first sequence i started with, so concerning quality it might be less than the rest.
Last but not least I'd like to get some feedback. Especially which characters you liked/disliked or what scenes you disliked/liked the most.

Have fun watching and don't forget the popcorn Cheesy

Europe In Ruins: Reinforcements Intro Movie

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 09:38:49 am »

Baine this was very good but you can tell that whoever made it hates allies and is a wehr fanboy ^^

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 09:39:47 am »

looks alot at the start like the end of saving private ryan

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 09:46:48 am »

how long does it take u to do that?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 09:53:19 am »

Baine this was very good but you can tell that whoever made it hates allies and is a wehr fanboy ^^

Sometimes- it is just good that the oppressed becomes the hero of the story

In critics. While it is beautiful and nicely done it still has little to nothing to do with Europe in Ruins Reinforcements gameplay itself...you could consider it as a movie of sort
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:15:29 am by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 10:40:28 am »

yeah baine, i appreciate your work, but compared to the tiger ace video this wasn't so good.

had nothing to do with EIR, not even the map. and obviously another saving private ryan remake

but who knows, maybe the NIS skills improve...
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 10:58:48 am »

The tiger video was badass, you should do something along the lines of that  Tongue

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 11:00:39 am »

I dont get this, the camera is way to slow, and when at shooting scenes it just circles slow to make it a bit dynamic.. but as leo say, NIS skillz improvement maybe.

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 11:01:25 am »

Haha, why, the allies win in the end Tongue
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 11:03:09 am »

Think the worst part about it was the unrealistic behaviour of the soldiers.. Like that rifleman and that airborne that both just stand there with their gun down, when there's enemies RIGHT THERE? Or when guys would just stare at each other for no apparent reason after seeing them?

Other than that, it's a pretty good first attempt, I'd say.

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 11:03:53 am »

I think, that as a first NIS sandboxing project, its fantastic!

I cant use it for anything PR related, b/c it's too long and as others have stated, doesnt show eirr gameplay, but some of the scenes were fantastic. I rly liked the shell shocked slow mo rifleman getting gunned down then the medic getting hit fight after. That and the tank crews bailing was great!

Criticsm: It looked alot like it was one man squads doing all the work. The video wasnt populated enough an some of the effects were delayed which made a cool idea look silly. Like the Puma getting hit with the rocket and then exploding a good 5 seconds after hits the building.

I would like to see a story arc, and I could tell there were elements there, but it was haphazard. Not like your Tiger video which had a pretty tight story that wrapped itself all nicely in the end.

I also would like to see some background ambient music score or effects, b/c the city sounded rather vacant of sound and action, which made the movie lose some of it's effects.

When I think of CoH NIS, i remember this video, the first trailor ever done for CoH. This should be what you strive for in the future. I see absolutely no reason why you cant do Tiger persistancy type videos with NIS elements for flavor. Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XwgO40bAVo

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 11:22:07 am »

oh yeah, and when i saw the marder catch fire i just rofled so bad. the sound and the rotating fire animation XD
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 11:28:19 am »

I'd like to see
someone being me
but also being free
rifle123
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 11:45:21 am »

I will strive for shorter movies next time Tongue

Thanks for the feedback so far, looks like i have to make another Tiger video Cheesy
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 11:48:42 am »

I will strive for shorter movies next time Tongue

Thanks for the feedback so far, looks like i have to make another Tiger video Cheesy

yeah! maybe a video about a complete company growth this time. unlocking new abilities and units while getting a few elite units in your company. it should end with your vet 3 sniper dieing and the vet storms who fought with the sniper for the last months shouting HAAANS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 11:51:30 am »

Pretty bad bruh.

Need more (background) sound, more shooting and explosions in the distance, all I heard was sounds taken from SPR once in a while.
Too many unrealistic scenes.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 12:16:47 pm »

Need videos showing fancy things in Europe in Ruins that will draw players.
New units, cool off-maps like the stuka, new abilities, custom skins, custom maps & company persistency.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 01:43:22 pm »

Its a very good production but a bit slow.  I kind of expected to see a bit more intensity early and often. 

Having a few more Mgs firing on troops and a bit more chaos...  But that's just me.  Looked like a movie and some nice overs would do wonders in certain sections which i am sure could be added. 

Hell if you keep this up, you could have a movie, with a storyline and everything :-P 

Perhaps follow a Squad, Tank, or company through its inception to vetted units and such... Smiley  Was definitely a pleasant surprise after a stint away from the mod.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 02:03:45 pm »

Awesome movie, only thing i would recomend is say near the end with the allies getting a beating make a show of airbourne dropping in or gliders giving emphasis to the Reenforcements, alternatively if you wanted the germans to get the reenforcements the halftracks dropping off soldiers or luft?

but i loved it Cheesy

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 02:37:44 pm »

Very impressive work, I have to agree it looked more like a movie than anything about EIRR.

Improvements I would suggest would be more intensity, more men fighting, a lot of single people fighting.  Also, I did notice some of the delayed sequences (Airborne turns the corner, guy with pistol takes a good 5 seconds to blow him away after he just instant killed his teammate).

Also loved how the guy with the luger was just pretty much OP.. did he get a german American Colt?  He popped like 3 guys at range on the first shot! ^^

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc