Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 03:25:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EiRR - Balance (Follow up on Wind)  (Read 3102 times)
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: February 05, 2011, 12:17:07 am »

Popping an idea here. Instead of burning all the balance members at a harem witch trial... Why don't we "publish" or "publicise" Balance Threads in the internal forums when they are implemented in the "changelog"?

That way, you can have transparency (if needed) and kill off all speculation. It will show if there is indeed "one sided" arguments which I believe it wouldn't.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 12:32:15 am »

This has been brought up before, and really the devs don't owe it to the community to be transparent, especially if it means more work for them.

Currently we're overdue on the warmap by 2 months, we're on another round of doctrine releases while the last set was never finished... a wipe was suppose to happen at the end of Decemeber and hasn't... as much as i would like to see some more public discussion myself, I rather the team work on implementing things instead of trying to stuff too many cooks in the kitchen..

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 12:35:48 am »

You mean the last wonderful round of shit balance changes that now reduce a few doctrines to being worthless?

I mean really, who got the Heavy Support Weapons for the PaK40 (worse than PaK38)? And now the LEiG is worthless (it rarely hits infantry already, was only useful because of the dual purpose).

As much as I love EIRR, I've never been happier that there are better options to play than this.

cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 12:43:19 am »

This has been brought up before, and really the devs don't owe it to the community to be transparent, especially if it means more work for them.

You just need to move a thread from your balance thread down to another forum???

Well I'm just popping an idea and its quite easy to shift threads around. If we can read the discussion for ourselves, it'll save you all the "explanation" people will demand.

Trying to save u work and grief really.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 12:44:51 am »

I would like to see who the hell the balance team is really, so I can figure out whether they are a bunch of crackpots who don't even play EiR:R or actually intelligent people, and also see what they are planning on balancing for future "patches"

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 12:45:46 am »

Personally I agree the last patch was pretty - pardon my language - shit terrible.  It's a severely hard nerf stick that fails to address still major flaws in doctrines and unit usage.  Grens with MP44s are considered OP, but giving them all Elite armor isn't.  Having volks carry shreks or KCH at 4 man is too imba, yet we nerf the faust to be 50 MU to fire 3 shots with no change in the cooldown to warrant it actually being possible... I think there needs to be a serious review of what's going on with EIRR.. as much as I love this mod, it's starting to become less fun as no one has really focused on what the doctrines should do.

How do I know this? It's clear from when I was part of balance discussion that people can't agree on Wehr Doctrines due to their names.  US gets it easy as they name it obviously on what it does.. Airborne, Infantry, and Armor.

Wehr has an indentify crisis which I think needs to be taken care of so balance and future patches would be more meaningful and relevant.  My opinion is this:

Wehr Terror = Storms and KCH (elite) infantry, KCH have 4 men with option to take shreks, focus on Panther/King Tiger
Wehr Blitz = Focus on mainline infantry supporting heavy tanks (Tiger or P4s)
Wehr Defensive (my biggest gripe) = STOP being damn German RCA as some devs think it needs to be.  It needs to focus on infantry buffs and support options.  Silly to have so many tank buffs in it when it has the LOWEST armor pool of the other doctrines.  Why is it that old Terror got MG42 elite squads that charged people in a ridiculous manner while Blitz got Elite armor on their general infantry?  I'm playing my Blitz company as I played my defensive company back in vCOH and using blitz to DEFEND and COUNTER ally armies because they are better doing the job than any other doctrine.

But one can always dream can't they?
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 12:52:37 am »

I think their intent is to run the mod into the ground. So I vote for a new balance team which should include Lionel, AmPm and the all knowing Mysthalin!
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 01:02:19 am »

I think their intent is to run the mod into the ground. So I vote for a new balance team which should include Lionel, AmPm and the all knowing Mysthalin!

Supported, not to mention Wind also!
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 01:17:42 am »

apparently we can't trust there balancing judgement anymore, so yea, we really do need transparancy now.

Just to put it straight, this mod feels like its now being balanced by people who rage nerf instead of adjusting thier companies like the rest of us have to.

THIS GAME AND THIS MOD IS NOT FOR CHILDREN, if Boys At are destroying your AT get some AI

Also on a further note, this game is being balanced to address certain issues like infantry and offmap spam that are only in the game due to the level 5 company thats going to be put back to lvl 1 start eventually and various other things said to be phased out.

So, is everything going to be balanced back to the way it supposed to be once the real issue is fixed?

i doubt it
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 01:20:18 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 02:40:11 am »

i do have to agree on the some of the doctrine choices probably being better for other docs than the one they're in. heavy support being terror and not defensive never really make sense to me. elite armor grens would be a better terror t4 than blitz and i think that storms would be a better terror unit than a blitz unit and give the g wagon to defensive while ur at it, makes more sense to be there than on terror.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:41:47 am by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc