Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:16:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR and OMG  (Read 16720 times)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« on: February 07, 2011, 12:35:04 pm »

Okey last question.

what coused the splitup and when did it happen?
you guys say what you say and lock this tread if gren if you really dont want to let me know, i care a little but not enough.

allso sorry for all incovineces smokaz i dont care and i never have.
i am just a small cave troll from iceland that has never had anything to do.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 12:42:01 pm »

Pretty much people wanted to go in different directions for the mod and it got pretty heated

If i remember correcly one example was they didn't want doctrines, we did.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:45:59 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 01:06:00 pm »

Here is the story :

EIR at some point went pretty much dead because Fldash (he was doing everything for the mod , Phil was working on site/launcher so the dev team was 2 people practicaly)was not doing updates and decided that he does not want to continue with EIR anymore because he wanted to have 'real life' (hehe), so EIR went dead for some months. (site did not work)
During this time , players from EIR created OMG - OMG was supposed to continue EIR after EIR went dead.

When OMG activated, suddenly out of nowhere EIR re-activated again with new team and we ended up with 2 mods.

That's that.

So it wasn't a real 'split up', it was no mutiny or smth like that. Everyone was thinking that EIR is dead and it's over and people did not want it to die, so some folks went and created OMG.

If we knew that EIR will be taken over by somebody, there would be no OMG probably, because why split up the community? But there was no info whatsoever back at time it was like

1 day :  Hai guise , i'm Fldash i;m tired of EIR and closing it down.

-EIR site dead-

3 months later : OMG first beta start , we can play EIR again WOOOOOO !!

-OMG beta active-

3 months 1 day later :  Hello, I'm Eirmod and i'm developing EIR now.

-EIR site back online-

Everyone went YAY EIR IS BACK !!  

but now we have 2 mods  waaaaahhhhhhh

and if i remember correctly it was at end of 2008 / january 2009
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 01:15:45 pm by nugnugx » Logged

BigDick
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 01:52:10 pm »

thats not correct

eir was up again for more than 2 month until the omg closed beta started
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 03:06:03 pm »

Pretty sure Big Dick is right because I started with EIR before there was an OMG officially up.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 03:12:34 pm »

once upon a time eir was created, then followed omg, people chose what mod to play and all lived happily ever after. the end.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 03:33:19 pm »

nugnug actually, fldash started eir back up b4 omg started their beta, an e-mail was sent out to everyone that he was going to leave it up but that nothing would change.

That's where I ran into eirrmod and suggested he take over development (he was messing with the files for a LAN EIR for him and his friends) then all of a sudden there's an EIRMod on the board talking about he took over but he wouldn't say who he was but he said he'd be making it all over.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 04:09:55 pm »

Here is the story :

EIR at some point went pretty much dead because Fldash (he was doing everything for the mod , Phil was working on site/launcher so the dev team was 2 people practicaly)was not doing updates and decided that he does not want to continue with EIR anymore because he wanted to have 'real life' (hehe), so EIR went dead for some months. (site did not work)
During this time , players from EIR created OMG - OMG was supposed to continue EIR after EIR went dead.

When OMG activated, suddenly out of nowhere EIR re-activated again with new team and we ended up with 2 mods.

That's that.

So it wasn't a real 'split up', it was no mutiny or smth like that. Everyone was thinking that EIR is dead and it's over and people did not want it to die, so some folks went and created OMG.

If we knew that EIR will be taken over by somebody, there would be no OMG probably, because why split up the community? But there was no info whatsoever back at time it was like

1 day :  Hai guise , i'm Fldash i;m tired of EIR and closing it down.

-EIR site dead-

3 months later : OMG first beta start , we can play EIR again WOOOOOO !!

-OMG beta active-

3 months 1 day later :  Hello, I'm Eirmod and i'm developing EIR now.

-EIR site back online-

Everyone went YAY EIR IS BACK !!  

but now we have 2 mods  waaaaahhhhhhh

and if i remember correctly it was at end of 2008 / january 2009

man after all this time i finally get my question that i have been asking all mods sence i found EIR, well thanks anyways.
roflmao Offline
Professional Buttkicker.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 05:00:49 pm »

Yeah I don't quite agree with nugnugx. Quite a few things caused the split up (key word) and quite a few things happened after the split up as well. It was hardly something like "let's continue the once awesome but now dead EIR mod!"
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 05:04:25 pm »

though nubnubx's tale is what ive been lead to belive i hardly belive its correct

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 05:29:23 pm »

nubnubx is fairly spot on, although there was more of a gap between OMG mod being stood up and the "new" EIRR being brought back to life.

fldash started EIR. I'm not sure phil was in from the start, but came on a few months later to help with the website and launcher (looots of launcher work).

fldash got tired of development after a lot of hard work and pretty much left the mod on autopilot for a while before things went *poof* probably cause there wasn't anyone who was going to pay for the site, etc etc.

Some of the more dedicated players decided they wanted EIR to live on, so OMG mod was created, obviously with new developers comes new direction. Sometime later EIRR comes online and people dance on the fence as they decide what mod to play (some play both).

An "Us" vs "Them" mentality developed for a bit between some of the players (can't speak for developers), but overall people went on their merry way.

So yeah, there may not have been an OMG mod if the EIR development had kept going, however both games have their advantages I think.

Anyways, so no big fight, drama etc. We save all that for intermod fighting!

Interesting fact, my sig quote comes a few months before the actual end of original EIR  Grin
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 05:31:12 pm by Jazlizard » Logged

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 05:30:56 pm »

what nugnugx said is hardly accurate lol.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 05:31:43 pm »

Well please enlighten then.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 05:32:33 pm »

I'm not going to cause more drama, we had enough.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 05:45:14 pm »

pussy,

it was just getting interesting

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 05:57:25 pm »

nugnug actually, fldash started eir back up b4 omg started their beta, an e-mail was sent out to everyone that he was going to leave it up but that nothing would change.

That's where I ran into eirrmod and suggested he take over development (he was messing with the files for a LAN EIR for him and his friends) then all of a sudden there's an EIRMod on the board talking about he took over but he wouldn't say who he was but he said he'd be making it all over.
Oh yeah.  BTW if I hadnt of played that game with Tym (On xroads?  as US?  Got ass handed to us?) - we wouldnt have EIR:R

He convinced me to approach fldash and show him what I was developing from the stuff that he'd released publicly on RelicNews (cos EIR was down, and I didnt know about OMG) - I was making a program so I could play it (or a semblance of it) via LAN with my mates.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 06:28:34 pm »

The real history of the rebellion will never be written because Phil burned all of the papers.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 06:44:28 pm »

Oh yeah.  BTW if I hadnt of played that game with Tym (On xroads?  as US?  Got ass handed to us?) - we wouldnt have EIR:R

He convinced me to approach fldash and show him what I was developing from the stuff that he'd released publicly on RelicNews (cos EIR was down, and I didnt know about OMG) - I was making a program so I could play it (or a semblance of it) via LAN with my mates.

Yeah lol we got our butts handed to us. for some reason i even remember where we started. we were on the top part of RTC, i started on top you the left. it wasn't that we weren't any good, it was just they were better and had played other games b4 and i was rusty as heck.

but yeah, I'm famous! No Tym, no EiR, how 'bout that eh? I never though anything would come of it tbh, it was just a suggestion and i figured eir would stay at 1.6 status, go figure!

btw great job EIRMod, eir's come much farther than even i think fldash could've envisioned.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 08:05:04 pm »

As far as the regular player is concerned - nugnug's explanation is spot on. From a point of view of a regular : EIR Died. Then OMG sprang up. Then EiR got reborn. That's when it all split. Some wanted to stay in OMG, some wanted to go back to EIR. Then EiR evolved into EiRR(Pokemon style!) and the split widened. That's pretty much how I can describe it from my own experience with the mods.

Exact dates and lengths of time are irrelevant, and there was naturally tons of behind the scenes bickering and database wars and everything.. But honestly - it doesn't matter. We are at what we are. Past is irrelevant.

roflmao Offline
Professional Buttkicker.

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 08:15:18 pm »

I agree with you in the sense that past is past, but being a active developer and seeing the events that unfolded before the creation of OMG (which as far as I know took place before your register date), the reality is a lot more complicated and messy. OMG did not result out of EiR dying.. The proof of this is that IIRC EiR went offline for approximately a month. You simply cannot develop an entire mod with this level of complexity in one month. OMG was in "development" (which is a whole topic itself) way before EiR died.

Without getting into details, OMG depended on EiR for its development.

Ergh I'll just leave it at that. I still haven't gotten over the whole EiR vs OMG mess.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:28:37 pm by roflmao » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc