Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 08:39:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM&CW] PIAT vs Schrek  (Read 16327 times)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2011, 10:06:27 am »

I've already demonstrated on multiple occassions in 1v1's and on multiple occassions in games that it's easy to do.

We'll run into eachother on the field eventually

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2011, 10:27:46 am »

Just to respond to the dual shrek fjs, they actually imo get the fjs buffs, and they do turn into stormies, when combined with the T4 ulock, apart from this they also get an ambush bnus, plus, they can get further acc bonus from vet AND the docs, I run atm 2 diff lufft coys, and the second one us using the dual shreks, i have 2 with vet 3, took me 3-5 games. Fjs tank busters are fine.

When it comes to shreks in general I would say that they are great on the Elite typ inf, but need price or in some ways DOC appeal to become used again.

the second reason imo that Piats are better than skres is that more often than not you can run upp and press halt, and fire, and not get block by obstacles or LOS, while squads with shreeks need the specific members to see the tank to be able to fire.

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2011, 10:47:59 am »

Schreks lost appeal ever since we realized someone had tweaked the Accuracy of them and we reverted it. They do need Doctrine buffs to be selected over Pak's and AT vehicles though.

They still remain a great way to vet squads though. With Grenaiders it's easy to swap them around based on your enemy
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2011, 12:33:47 pm »

Maybe its also the back up i can provide when i am blitz, But i have always always found it easier to run storms with ostwinds and stuhs then it has been to run commando piats (especially th 6 man commando squad with only 2 piats) and stags, or croms, or stuarts. 

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2011, 06:36:20 am »

Shreks are only useful on elite units such as fallschirms and storms.

Absolute shit on grenadiers.

On the other hand, piats are good on every kind of unit there is.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 07:14:31 am »

Absolute shit on grenadiers.

You best be joking.
its only as good as the player that uses them is.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 07:20:45 am »

Schrecks are only good if you can get 2 of them on 1 squad.
That allows you to keep them in the back and only use them if you see tanks, as they are very expensive they need to stay alive as long as possible.
For PE its TH or Luft where you can put them in a HT with 2xschreck.
A PG squad or Gren squad with just 1 schreck is just not good enough imo.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 07:21:07 am »

1. Put shrek on gren
2. BLow up ur own cover with shrek
3. See Sherman crew laughing while they blast u away
4. Invest in Paks

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 07:38:47 am »

FJ Tank Busters are worth all 250mu that you pay for them. The ability to receive powerful doctrine buffs comes at a cost of 10mu, it's an absolute bargain. Chuck one squad in a HT and you have an epic HT, leave them in cloak and wait for an m8 to come by and it's golden.

Regular grens with shreks are in my opinion, and in my companies, the strongest supporting unit you can have on the field. Shrek grens with a grenade compliment every unit in the WM arsenal. Pak + shrek, Panther + shrek = all good uses of AT, whilst also performing a nice AI.

Schreks lost appeal ever since we realized someone had tweaked the Accuracy of them and we reverted it. They do need Doctrine buffs to be selected over Pak's and AT vehicles though.

They still remain a great way to vet squads though. With Grenaiders it's easy to swap them around based on your enemy

See this is the problem, so many people are relying on Shrek grens as a pure 100% AT counter. Only running shrek grens is like only running zook rangers, or only running AB RR's. I think the problem is that shrek grens are a unit that requires a fair bit of care, and players in EIRR just aren't willing to use units in a supportive role, everything has to be frontline attack or else it's UP.

There's not much I can say about PIATs, every Brit coy i've ever ran has had 2-4 squads, but I only really rely on them to do damage to heavies and super heavies any more due to dmg bonuses. I'll take a shrek over 2 piats any day though.

My most recent terror company has a KT + ostwinds for fuel, and the only real AT in it IS shreks and paks, and it's working damn well at the moment. I'd be happy to play vs anyone and prove it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:42:07 am by spinn72 » Logged
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 04:52:20 pm »

I don;t know if ppl remember but EIRRMod pissed me off back when he removed the Double Shrek from gren squads because i used those exclusively because at the time, storms were the most suppression prone units in game where a burst from a friendly volks squad scared them into suppression. 

Now i use storms, I think that 2 piats on commando piats is underpowered, I would like the option to buy a 3rd piat on my commandos because then they could be dedicated at, much like 4 man squad of storms has 2 shrecks, i want 6 man to have 3 piats. 

The Double shreck squad is a thing of bueaty... Why?  USe them in pairs...  10 pop cap of pure annhiliation, and anyone thats seen me use them, when i get a 3rd shreck or a an rr or a zook even its just pure laughter you hear in a channel. 

The Double Shrek is the most fear thing on the battle field, when you have 2 squads of double Shreks, the only thing that gos in against it is a HE Pershing.. 

I once had 4 squads of storms camped near a road coming from the enemy spawn, a Pershing comes FLYING by full speed... on a road... Shrecks don;t miss vehicles on the roads...  Full speed, Flies by, All Shreks Fire... All Rear Shots... 1 dead Pershing...

Now... Could Piats do that?  No... They would have to ask the Nice pershing to stop please so i may hit you with my form of AT and don;'t do a drive by like a Gangsta Motherfucker.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2011, 06:05:39 pm »

If a Tiger was rolling by they would of hit because the Tiger is slower.
Theres no point in comparing allied equipment against allied equipment. you must compare axis equipment against allied equipment and visa versa.

so stating that Piats wouldnt be able to hit a Pershing is irrelevant argument

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2011, 06:10:50 pm »

OK piats hitting as tiger on the road, Would not happen, or maybe 2 would hit from luck
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 06:28:24 pm »

We should do a test if you wanna base your argument on that  Smiley
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2011, 07:35:16 pm »

Lets 1v1 it, P4s and Shermans, Non vetted uinits Sitting ont he side of the road
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 08:03:48 pm »

Im pretty sure you just said tiger...

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2011, 08:23:25 pm »

yer you completely changed your argument Puddin
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2011, 02:55:57 am »

PIAT is a thing that is ridicilously annoying to fight against. It deals 90 damage per hit, enough to kill any soldier in game- and believe it or not these things work just as well as riflenades. They might not be as effective but they still do it and if you blob them like nug does you can see their fully effectiveness. Especially on commandos. 6 men with 2 piats. That leaves 4 men with rifles, granted, its a shit rifle but that doesn't change the fact that it is 6 men. It is more pop and no ambush but they get dmg bonuses from their doctorine abilities.

PIAT, you can't touch it unless it is right in front of you. It is always used over hedges buildings and so on. 2 PIAT squads with Ambush can just as well ALPHA kill a non-skirted P4 and lethally damage off skirted P4 forcing it to repairs. The PIAT is only weak vs pumas and fast vehicles that are able to catch them. VS ANY tank it deals perfectly and wonderfully, ever tried crushing a PIAT squad? Doesn't work because the piat will always hit at close range and always deal rear damage. 2 PIATs for 120 munition is a bargain. If anything they could be 130 munition for a pair. The platforms they come in aren't bad. Sappers as shite as they might seem are not bad. They are only bad if caught out in the open without a friendly support.

If one were to ask me, I'd say that the best handheld is the PIAT, second schreck and so on RR and so on. All the advantages of a PIAT has over any other piece makes PIATs unbelieveable strong. Schreck are plain terrible and a random dice roll weapon. Sometimes the squad shoots its own foot with it, sometimes kills their own cover, sometimes it scatters and flies somewhere and then it hits. So random. PIAT hits can be random but it doesn't matter. Your squad is in cover and can not be fired on unlike, Zook, RR, and schreck. The ability to shoot over shotblockers is the best ability. Think about ROOs, piat and bren in it means that it kills any tank and if not kill damage highly. It isn't the roo that makes it so powerful, its the piat and bren button that made it powerful thus hard to balance. Brencarrier with MMG bren and piats mariokart ride is also powerful and hard to beat due to shotblockers. Take any city map or hedgerow hell maps and watch the PIATs shine.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2011, 05:07:29 pm »

I don;t have a tiger to try it with, But i will be more then happy to kill any that you do have. 

It wasn;t a change of argument it was a matter of me not having time to level up companies, But lets do it, Whos game?  We can broadcast over X fire and No fuck ups.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc