Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 13, 2024, 10:28:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airborne  (Read 5675 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: March 21, 2011, 04:15:17 pm »

Anyone else run into some issues with the pool value of units making you easily pull from your reserve? I try to use all the fuel and have a variety of units, but it's still a problem.

Also what are you best off doing with your AB? Using them for AI or taking advantage of their RRs? And how do you best use RRs? I always hear you can do well at max range, do you need a jeep with your RRs to do this?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 05:08:10 pm »

I always used attack ground with the RRs, they can scatter a good 5-10 more range and hit/kill target - this also avoids your AB getting sniped by P4 and consorts. I heard AB Snipers do well as AI, I mostly used shermans to screen my RRs. An AB Medic is quite essential to have, best unlock in the entire doctrine.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 05:08:25 pm »

Use RR's as a hit and run type of unit. I find that setting up an offensive or defensive line works, then when it starts to get pushed by enemy armour, you send your AB forward to get a volley off, then run back and heal etc. They're 180mu per squad, so you want to make sure that they become cost effective. AB are the biggest support weapon counter in the game too, make sure to use them to take out enemy PAK's if you ever see them.

First of all, NEVER drop AB behind enemy lines. The only situation in which this may be cost effective is if an axis player leaves artillery pieces (neb, hummel) grossly unprotected and away from spawn. Otherwise, you just lost a lot of munitions for no reason.

Secondly, with RR's, AB infantry are still survivable enough to do serious damage to enemy infantry in groups of two, which AB should always be used in. I find that even having some AB infantry with only a grenade is usually enough to take out support weapons or enemy volks/grens, and it is extremely cheap.

I'd suggest getting strafing run to take out enemy snipers/protect your AB from being overrun, as this also increases their cost efficiency on the field.

With my fuel in my AB company, I don't bother spending it on anything besides Shermans and one quad. I run 4 shermans (76mm, 50cal + repair), 1 croc (dozer for pen buff), 1 quad and 2 jeeps. Shermans are necessary as they are the only tank available to AB that can support airborne in both AT and AI. Support heavy AB companies have the chance to be extremely effective, especially with HMG sprint on an AB crew.

Pool value is always going to be high for AB to protect from people spamming them, much like the commando piat spam that is occuring now.

To EliteGren - AB Medic is one of the best t3 unlocks, but Infantry and all British companies often have healing available, I find that you can mostly rely on your allies to bring some form of healing to the battlefield. This being said, games where there is no healing to AB, it can be considerably tougher! I've traditionally always used bombing run and not strafing run specifically to counter heavy or super heavy tanks. When the enemy goes back to spawn to repair their tank, you use a recon run then drop a bombing run on it, and say goodbye to the super heavy, or even a worrying artillery piece like a hummel! It's cheap, and pisses off heaps of players, but it'll win you the game most of the time! AB simply aren't equipped as well as Armour or Inf at dealing with heavies (Unless it's a jagd).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:11:40 pm by spinn72 » Logged
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 06:59:49 pm »

Don't stand still with Airborne or they just become Riflemen with two AT weapons.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 07:03:20 pm »

Don't stand still with Airborne or they just become Riflemen with two AT weapons.

This is one thing I've never been able to full figure out. Is it better to stay in green cover or stay moving? Is it worth going in a building?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 08:21:01 pm »

AB get accuracy buffs on incoming fire on move.

but it's also good to be in cover as the buff in cover is better than the buff they geton move

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 08:21:54 pm »

They got worse rifles than the ones that riflemen gots. They has airborne armour, giving them a dodge bonus while moving. But thing is you must move in shoot a RR shot off a and move back. Try to get it to shoot at something else while it does this makes it even better. And like elite gren says you can use attack ground on the ground infront of the unit you plan to attack, and theres a chance you may hit it beyond your own range.

Also, use smoke ALOT, your RR's only got 35% chance for gaurenteed hit at long range, But why do they hit anyway? They got LOW scatter, meaning if they miss they can hit anyway (Happens 90% of the time he misses) So a mortar for smoke and a flamer to defend can work great. I remember a guy in OMG that used 2 RR's and 2-3 flamers with a mortar for constant smoke, It was fucking insane, hard to defeat.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 02:40:08 am »

First of all, NEVER drop AB behind enemy lines.

hmm,I thik that It was willy,or someone,he was usually dropping ab all around you,strafe,bombing run etc. and it was rly tought army to counter. course,you rly need to know what you are doing,othervise it will fail.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 05:32:15 am »

hmm,I thik that It was willy,or someone,he was usually dropping ab all around you,strafe,bombing run etc. and it was rly tought army to counter. course,you rly need to know what you are doing,othervise it will fail.

Oh i'm sure it works, but most players now are fielding ostwinds or pumas, which are just brutal if they're anywhere near the drop!
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 10:49:05 am »

That was with Airborne Overhead and a complete airbdropped army but with a 30 sec drop timer it just dont work.
Btw is the old ab in just without descriptions on the abilities?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:02:25 pm by chefarzt » Logged

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 02:10:39 pm »

That was with Airborne Overhead and a complete airbdropped army but with a 30 sec drop timer it just dont work.
Btw is the old ab in just without descriptions on the abilities?

i was curious of this as well.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 02:35:40 pm »

AB reminds me of all the reasons why I went armored Tongue

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
ErwinNH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 05:20:35 pm »

Yea does anybody else find it weird that airborne can't strike and hold effectively behind enemy lines? I mean lol with the paradrop behind your lines? But then, its not a released doctrine so I suppose that's to be expected.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 05:22:11 pm »

AB reminds me why i stopped using hetzer spam.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 05:43:22 pm »

Yea does anybody else find it weird that airborne can't strike and hold effectively behind enemy lines? I mean lol with the paradrop behind your lines? But then, its not a released doctrine so I suppose that's to be expected.

AB need some kind of triangulation i think, all they have are recon runs and not many, which makes it even harder and more pointless. I mean I didn't under stand why AB have something called "pathfinders" and it was just an AB sniper. Now I'm not saying anything bad about AB snipers, I think they rule =) but I think the name "pathfinders" could be changed.

AB pathfinders were units sent in prior to battles to scout and set radar beacons for the troops to land when ready. Pathfinders could be AB that are dropped with a very large line of sight, and come in already cloaked. You could give them radio triangulation style beacons. But give those beacons line of sight, not too big, now give those beacons an ability, thats on a recharge, say 4 or 5 minutes, and the ability will make the beacon visible, but give it line of sight about that of 75% that of an MI. This will let you know if it's a safe spot to drop your AB.

Either way, we have to be patient and see what the devs are doing with AB, I'm sure they will have raid assault which I'm guessing the tree will give you more pop, stronger AB, and instant drop which makes them amazing for behind the lines actions.

My favorite part about a successful AB company is dropping them behind the lines, having your team push from the front as your AB come up behind the enemy and sandwich them and overwhelm, you usually have about more than half of the map if you do it right. Then you push forces onto the other side and set up defenses.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 06:15:59 pm »

triangulation for commandos is retarded enough but tolerable, we dont need mirror balance on all the doctrines, airbourne dont serve the same purpose as commandos. Not at all and therefore have thier own doctrine choices. such as luftwaffe which is lacking at the moment, but is unique in its effectiveness becuase it plays to the falls play style.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 06:43:51 pm »

triangulation for commandos is retarded enough but tolerable, we dont need mirror balance on all the doctrines, airbourne dont serve the same purpose as commandos. Not at all and therefore have thier own doctrine choices. such as luftwaffe which is lacking at the moment, but is unique in its effectiveness becuase it plays to the falls play style.

Even more to the point it is a team game, team up with mando player running it if you want it, he can tell you a safe drop zone

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 08:04:40 pm »

Even more to the point it is a team game, team up with mando player running it if you want it, he can tell you a safe drop zone

that's true, but I was pointing out that the pathfinders aren't exactly pathfinders haha.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 11:03:32 pm »

i like the idea of a temporary beacon that allows you say a sight radius of 10 so u can drop there and it gives  you pin point dropping within that zone rather than a huge scatter and this can be set with a large cooldown, say 5 minutes, then u can set another one and the old disappears
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc