Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:34:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terror Marksman shot  (Read 18533 times)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 09:38:52 am »

Because they get detection and sight

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
BigDick
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2011, 09:39:03 am »

i think we discussed that before

recon tommies got more sight have a great detection and does not need to unlock a T3 to buy their recon element sniper
Speigass Offline
banzai
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2011, 10:03:54 am »

It seems I was right after some time more and more people will see that current marksman shoot on grens is a bit too good pricewise/accesibility/spamability or etc...

I agree that this ability is very nice and very thematic for terror and should stay... but in what state? Because currently it almost invalidates support weapons (its point and click no brainz ability, unlike humble grenades) and if combined with pervitin pills...  Shocked

Think of it as antiinfantry fausts. 1 faust or marksman shoot is usually not a problem... 5 of them is a big one. I suggest make it significantly more expensive (over 80 mun) but more powerfull (60 secs cooldown or such), or  a bit more expensive (aka ~40 mun).

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2011, 10:30:39 am »

1 faust or 1 marksman shot is a useless waste of time. It's only en masse that they become a force to be reckoned with.

Either way, it's just grens. And since pervitin pills saps 10 health off of every unit that uses it, you can look at it like "He popped his meth! Free shot!". So far most people I've played against haven't had any problem beating my marksman grens.

BigDick
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2011, 10:36:59 am »

if you had that yesterday too in that one 3v3 )on neuville) i did not even noticed it lol
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2011, 10:45:19 am »

lol I know you didn't. I also didn't have pervitin pills so that might have contributed to their lackluster use.

But whatev, they finished off some support weapons and got a sniper that wandered to close along with misc infantry. Still, you will never have enough grens on the field to negate (with marksman ability) ALL the infantry/support crews the allies will have on. I know I'm theory crafting here... but if there's equal pop of grens and equal pop of rifles with a single BAR and/or grenades, the rifles will win. It'll be bloody, but sniping 1 guy out of a squad of 5/6 isn't going to make a difference. Sniper shot is like pissing in the ocean. You'll never make a dent in it.

And for those of you who aren't aware, marksman shot has like a 4 minute cooldown.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 10:53:31 am by Malgoroth » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2011, 11:42:38 am »

I think also where Grens have the advantage over Brit Recon is the lower suppresion of the hmgs. If u try to take a recon tommy and snipe and hmg, he wont just get suppressed, he'll get pinned before he can get close while a gren...wait, does he even GET suppressed if he wants to marksman an hmg? With the T3 before P Pills, he gets improved suppression resistance right? So, unlike a Brit Recon, he CAN just walk up and shoot any hmg that fires at it right? I think that kinda makes it BS then. Just like with PE Inf with sprint, oh hmg, "fire up" i mean "sprint" throw flame nade, kill hmg, its over.

I'd propose this, marksman shot needs to be a separate upgrade just like everything else. You can either get lmg, schreck or marksman shot.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2011, 11:44:26 am »

With the T3 before P Pills, he gets improved suppression resistance right?

Only when supressed
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2011, 11:59:26 am »

Ya, they still get suppressed at the same rate as always, but it's harder to PIN them.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2011, 03:15:00 pm »

Always with the HMG tym right? always.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2011, 03:15:40 pm »

Always with the HMG tym right? always.

Do you even play EiR anymore? Let alone under the name Demon, or do you just smurf?

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2011, 04:51:19 pm »

Bring a Tank. Problem solved. Seriously guys, whats the issue?

I think having a small icon to show that they have snipe is a good idea... but beyond that I think its going too much over the top to say its underpriced considering its a T4 and you could have gone for other T4s as compared against tommies recon which are available to everyone.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2011, 07:12:58 pm »

Yeah icon is maybe all it should get, recon tommies get shorter cooldown with vet.

Recon tommy snipe is also more effective vs base infantry (smaller squads)

Which is also why it has more mun.

On Fearless T3 it only is working for grens/kch and while surpressed. That is VERY situational, it will help you get away from a mg and if you got a AI weapon it might let you win VS a surpressing bar squad.

The T3 doesnt buff you anwhere else. It doesnt assist you when pinned either.

Now Perv Pills isn't a sprint either, and not as useful on volks as it is on grens and KCH.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2011, 08:17:30 pm »

BARs still supress and pin units with fearless pretty well.

and i have no trouble using recon tommies to take out hmg's
just gotta be smart about it same with grens with marksmen shot, doesn't make them OP in anyway, for a T3 unlock i think it is fine.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2011, 09:37:36 pm »

Do you even play EiR anymore? Let alone under the name Demon, or do you just smurf?

How is this related to anything that ive said?

Answer to your question. Go research that out yourself.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2011, 09:47:37 pm »

How is this related to anything that ive said?

Answer to your question. Go research that out yourself.

It's not related, I just wanted to know.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2011, 11:26:05 pm »

so, just a question. HOw do you put an icon on a unit that already has an icon on it from schrecks and lmgs? I thought the main issue was that you can purchase the marksman shot along with schrecks.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2011, 11:48:36 pm »

so, just a question. HOw do you put an icon on a unit that already has an icon on it from schrecks and lmgs? I thought the main issue was that you can purchase the marksman shot along with schrecks.

Why would they need an icon? You see them coming so what you'd do? Run away like a crying whimp "OMG RECON GRENADIERZ" and avoid them the whole game? Sooner or later they will snipe you just can't avoid it and seeing it coming doesn't exactly aid you at all. It is same with recon tommies, you see them coming but what can you do? Nothing they will snipe one guy outta you no matter what.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2011, 12:16:18 am »

Why would they need an icon? You see them coming so what you'd do? Run away like a crying whimp "OMG RECON GRENADIERZ" and avoid them the whole game? Sooner or later they will snipe you just can't avoid it and seeing it coming doesn't exactly aid you at all. It is same with recon tommies, you see them coming but what can you do? Nothing they will snipe one guy outta you no matter what.

i'm only responding to people agreeing with someone saying they need an icon, i'm asking how do u do it, it's not my idea.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc