Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 10:33:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 06:21:28 pm]

[July 18, 2024, 05:15:48 am]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repairing outside of spawn ?  (Read 39547 times)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 07:57:46 am »

because it will increase the amount of griefing and the amount of crying that you will hear. Which will lead people to start nerfing shit that doesn't need it due to the fact that they lost thier tank and couldn't repair in safety.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 08:00:03 am »

This is called sloppy playing , people should pay more attention to what they do, if someone fails at this , it his own fault.

No easy modes !

Maybe cause peeps don't want to loose there vet.

If you don't want to loose your vet i suggest you stop playing now because you will be dissapointed.

shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 08:04:47 am »

I hardly think killing a repairing tank is griefing. From where I stand, this is called good play.

panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 08:12:30 am »

So this mod Is not about persistency? Lol

Anyway why did u start this thread u play a game that didn't go you way cause u couldn't revenge kill some1's tank?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 08:19:53 am »

No it has been not, before current repair system , people would build repair bunkers more up the battleline and tanks were retreated there and fixed.

No they wouldn't, repair bunkers would always be way in the back near the spawn just in case of a wild m-10 and they could take it off field. People have always repaired near the spawn and it'd be lame to take it away

Anyway why did u start this thread u play a game that didn't go you way cause u couldn't revenge kill some1's tank?

Great question, this is such an odd thread. He must've just lost a game where a vet 2/3 unit came back full health and raped him when he thought he had the game won.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 08:27:57 am »

well,I guess that might be about last game vs me and groupie,he didnt kill groupies vet 2 KT that was repairing at spawn,later on,both  KT's were back,and they lost  Roll Eyes
how the game started,they thought they will win,spiegas made a comment, 'enough of this bieberism Cheesy'  lol
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 08:53:27 am »

Lol it's not about one game, you ppl are mad.

Quote from: shockcoil
I hardly think killing a repairing tank is griefing. From where I stand, this is called good play.

+1

Either you repair  or you escape. Not both at same time,  currently you can repair + escape.
A vanishing repairing ninja tank is bad for gameplay and for realism (yes i said it)

He must've just lost a game where a vet 2/3 unit came back full health and raped him when he thought he had the game won.

Do you understand what this thread is about ?  If you did, you wouldn't write this , because this has no meaning to what this thread  stands for.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:04:03 am by nugnugx » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 10:08:14 am »

So on top of having to pay pop for a immobile tank I also have to keep an eye out for it all the time distracting me from gameplay if someone decides to send something on the backlines?

I presume I'll start armor coy, take mobile repairing and trollface around as I can still move away. This would make axis armor even more obsolete than it currently is tbh.

How you may ask? Kt 18 pop doing nothing. JP 17 pop, doing nothing no ability to retreat. Tiger 16 pop one tier to repair and shoot but that's one thing. panther 15 same as tiger or nothing at all. All it takes is a single M10 snuck on lines and trust me in most maps it is rather easy to send a lone vehicle behind lines. What ya going to send as axis to finish the job? Upgun puma? Your own panther? Either way if this was to take effect there has to be a way to stop the repairs for retreat.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2011, 10:12:27 am »

Forcing a repairing tank off the map and killing it while it's repairing is the same thing in terms of winning the match. I'm really having a hard time understanding what you're getting at...
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 10:14:29 am »

Either way if this was to take effect there has to be a way to stop the repairs for retreat.

Yes, good thinking, Nug's idea would only be possible if that criteria was met.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 10:14:51 am »

People repair on spawn and when you flank them they can leave battle.

This involves no risk and you can just drink a coffe and watch how others attack you and when you are low on hp just escape. IMO vehicles and tanks should not be able to ninja repair and then vanish. You can repair a vetted tank to full hp without the risk of loosing it - this is bad for gameplay imo because promotes sloppy playing. 'I'll just go and repair and if somone attacks me i'l pull it of off field'.

Changing to repairing outside the spawn would create a certain risk factor, you'd never be able to be sure if you get attacked or not , so you would have to cover your tank or ask for teammates help. No more shenaningans and vanishing vetted tanks.

So what i'm proposing is making it unnable to repair on spawn where your troops enter and move out of the battle, what do you think ?

I agree, as long as infantry retreat is also removed. That way, infantry and support weapons cannot retain vet unless you walk them back to spawn, get them unsuppressed, and make them move safely off the field.

Then remove hardcaps on heavy tanks completely and lower their cost to compensate and we should be good.

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 10:17:23 am »

So on top of having to pay pop for a immobile tank I also have to keep an eye out for it all the time distracting me from gameplay if someone decides to send something on the backlines?

Yes  (distracting from gameplay?  you have a tank on the same map , in the same game and you call it distracting ?  It would be only logical that someone might want to kill a repairing tank and you should be ready for it)

I presume I'll start armor coy, take mobile repairing and trollface around as I can still move away. This would make axis armor even more obsolete than it currently is tbh.

?

you can do that now

How you may ask? Kt 18 pop doing nothing. JP 17 pop,

so ?  every repairing tank even now takes pop when it is just standing and repairing,  

what is this i don't even.....

All it takes is a single M10 snuck on lines and trust me in most maps it is rather easy to send a lone vehicle behind lines. What ya going to send as axis to finish the job? Upgun puma?

Whatever you want , p4 , storm shrecks,  marders, 50mm ,  just as you would do now.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:19:10 am by nugnugx » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 10:18:42 am »

I agree, as long as infantry retreat is also removed. That way, infantry and support weapons cannot retain vet unless you walk them back to spawn, get them unsuppressed, and make them move safely off the field.

Then remove hardcaps on heavy tanks completely and lower their cost to compensate and we should be good.

Are you being sarcastic and secretly mocking nug? This is a serious thread.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 10:21:06 am »

Yes  (distracting from gameplay?  you have a tank on the same map , in the same game and you call it distracting ?  It would be only logical that someone might want to kill a repairing tank and you should be ready for it)

Nug, being forced to keep a pak and a shreck behind the front lines just to repair your tank is very bad for gameplay. If you manage to survive with your tank then you should be rewarded for it, performance is still more important than the amount of repair kits you have.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:23:24 am by PonySlaystation » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 10:22:57 am »

I'm being serious.

Why should infantry and support spam have it easy mode? Right now all you have to do is hit retreat in a timely manner and you will never lose vet infantry to anything other than a fluke.

Since tank repairing and retreating is such an issue, and as Nug says unrealistic, I would think that guys standing up under HMG fire, then turning around and running at 3x their normal rate is rather silly.

If you cannot keep your men from being suppressed and killed that is poor gameplay on your part, you have the tools (mortar, smoke, sniper, tank) to remove hardpoints before rushing infantry at it. As far as I see it infantry/support retreat is no different than if I was able to move a tank while repairing and retreat it off map.

So again, I ask, why should infantry and support weapons have an unrealistic retreat mechanism that compensates for poor gameplay?
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 10:24:45 am »

Nug, being forced to keep a pak and a shreck behind the front lines just to repair your tank is very bad for gameplay.

Now you are just exaggerating. Do you see  everyone with a pak today on spawn ?  No ,   nothing would drasticaly change.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 10:26:05 am »

Why should infantry and support spam have it easy mode?

It's not easy mode ,    its just practical during intense coh fighting to retreat inf and support weapons by button that speeds them up so they dont die.

Tanks are fast enough on their own and you always had to retreat them by yourself.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 10:29:12 am »

Tanks are fast enough on their own

Yea,I am running in formula challenge with my KT!!!

you see me rolling,rolling,rolling

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2011, 10:29:30 am »

So again, I ask, why should infantry and support weapons have an unrealistic retreat mechanism that compensates for poor gameplay?

It's the same thing here, even if your squad does survive it will not have killed many units, unless you used it well, many units still die when they are retreating and changing this so that you have to do it manually is not only a big waste of time (boring gameplay) it would also encourage players to place armored cars behind enemy lines to kill retreating units etc. Retreating means losing (territory, units and time) and if you don't kill anything then you will not gain any vet neither, it's not a one click win button and you cannot go behind enemy lines and then expect to survive with those units, they are extremely likely to die.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:31:51 am by PonySlaystation » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2011, 10:30:33 am »

Yea,I am running in formula challenge with my KT!!!

you see me rolling,rolling,rolling

2000 HP  , KT armor ,          HEAVY TANK ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc