Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 12:22:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repairing outside of spawn ?  (Read 41059 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2011, 12:33:15 pm »

This thread is success but trolls in it are fail , because when the original poster knows about trolls the trolls fail.

trolls 0 : 1 thread

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2011, 12:33:59 pm »

FOR NUGNUGX INTERESTS,please be kind and supportive to him  Wink
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2011, 12:39:52 pm »

Interesting that such a small and insignifcant issue caused such an uproar, seems people like to  do nothing and have full hp tanks back again.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2011, 12:46:10 pm »

Seems like infantry can just retreat and never have to worry about your vet.

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2011, 01:01:20 pm »

The thing is that your entire idea would only change one thing. The only difference between retreating and destroying a tank is veterancy, it won't affect the game, it will only affect vet.

Implementing your idea would NOT mean that there would be less tanks, less repairing or harder to defend your tanks, the only difference would be that it would be a lot harder to keep veterancy.

And for a player to gain vet that tank will still need to perform well on the battlefield, it does not matter how many repairs he uses, no kills means no vet.

There is no "one click win" button, you can pull back and repair but it's not safe, there is no safe area or base protection, if you retreat it then it's essentially the same as losing it and while repairing a tank most of your pop will be used so you cannot have as many units on the field, it's a big disadvantage.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:11:51 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2011, 02:03:45 pm »

This thread is success but trolls in it are fail , because when the original poster knows about trolls the trolls fail.

trolls 0 : 1 thread

do i really need to insert myself in this thread to even the scores?

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2011, 03:12:24 pm »

9 pages? Just wow...and i have what, one post?

Funny thing about this is nug is right in one aspect, i see his argument but everyone else's is valid as well, thus why this keeps going in a circle.

Supporting Nug: It sucks to put a lot of effort into damaging/killing a tank only to have it come back at 75%-100% health later after you've exhausted a lot of time and effort and possibly units in doing so.

Counter-Argument: Then either make sure you kill it nor press harder when you know that said unit should be repairing at the time, he's out 10-17 Pop meaning that he's crippled, it should be quite easy to get behind lines and force it off thus getting rid of the unit.

Nug: Thats the issue, it can just magically retreat while repairing, you shouldn't be able to do that.

Counter: What's the difference? You kill it, force it off map, same difference?

Nug: Because you have to send a unit way behind lines to scare it off, usually losing that unit in the process, so yes they lose that unit but you lose your unit or units as well.

CounterUndecided it's still a stupid idea.

Nug: I win!

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2011, 03:35:48 pm »

Counter: What's the difference? You kill it, force it off map, same difference?

Nug: Because you have to send a unit way behind lines to scare it off, usually losing that unit in the process, so yes they lose that unit but you lose your unit or units as well.

difference is,he can't kill that vetted tank that is repairing at spawn,which he obviously wants to,that's the main problem  Wink ...he already said,that it's fine by him if it repairs 5m from spawn,but to be able to escape while repairing is what is bugging him.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2011, 03:52:02 pm »

nigga plz
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2011, 03:52:45 pm »

nooooooooooooooooo, that post ruined my 2000th post, 2002 was pro'er anyway:

edit: cant delete noob, lol edited this to avoid troll making me have 2003 posts instead of my 2002 posts that i said was pro.

colour, size and boldness ftw

COUNTER TROLLED

|
                      |
                      |
                      |
                      |
                      |
                      V
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 03:59:39 pm by deadbolt » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2011, 03:53:17 pm »

Why dont you just delete your 2 first comments?

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2011, 04:04:46 pm »

nigga plz

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2011, 04:18:05 pm »

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2011, 04:56:54 pm »

I do not mind repairing outside spawn, it takes time to haul ass back to spawn in the first place, there is also nothing wrong with keeping vet, give some newbies a chance to sustain some vet on their tanks. It's what makes this game fun, you are forgetting about one of the core aspects that attract players to this mod, keeping vet on tanks, such as the Tiger. The system helps people grow tanks like tigers, KTs etc, so it would be illogical to make that harder for everyone and essentially taking one of the selling points of EIRR.

Your main point about your idea is that the risk factor is so low, i applaud your reasoning on seeing this, as there is little to no risk factor in repairing at spawn, however, as i pointed out, you overlook the fact that many people, preferably newbies need a system like that to retain vet, its a softcore system, which puts a featherlight touch on the game. I believe, one of the impacts of the system your proposing is that people, preferably newbies will pull most of their troops back to their repairing vet Tiger, awaiting for it to be finished, before moving out onto the battlefield once more. Whether that possibility is to be seen, we know that players will thus bunch around their precious vetted tanks while repairing. Now we do not want gameplay like that, as it currently stands, when you pull your vet tank back, the battle still rages, there is no pulling back to defend the repairing tanks, like could be said about the old old repair system with Pios and repair Bunkers. The battle still flows which should be encouraged and thus this system is perfect for.
Defending precious vet, in my opinion, is also sloppy play, however, i believe its a far worse then what our current system encourages. Thankyou Smiley

Unfortunately i did not have the time to read all 8 Pages Nug, but atleast i read the first page lol, and this is what i believe.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2011, 05:06:51 pm »

That is silly! KT should have Teleporter, it can insta move itself to spawn!

OMG REPLACE KT WITH TERMINATOR ASSUALT SQUAD WITH TELEPORT!

lolololololoolololol
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2011, 05:25:11 pm »

jesus christ nug.  Ok first off, get over yourself.  L2admit being wrong once in awhile.  Secondly, this is NEVER gonna happen unless they also change infantry retreating.  Finally, if you honestly can't see the similarity between infantry triaging and tanks repairing then you're not nearly as good as I thought you were.

P.S. Driving tanks back to spawn and making sure they don't die is way more micro than just clicking the retreat button for infantry or hitting t...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2011, 05:29:58 pm »

The reward for attacking that repairing tank (which isnt hard) is that you made it retreat herpderp. if you think thats not enough reward I dont know what to tell you.

Try a a sticky, a button, or a magnetic at nade. That will keep them from getting back to spawn if you really do have to destroy it.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2011, 05:30:53 pm »

So you see Nug. I think you'll find nearly everyone agrees with me. You gonna admit you're wrong now?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2011, 05:58:28 pm »

Also remember the quote about leaving a route of escape?

Do you really want to waist more resources forcing you to loose your position in the game just to kill a vet 2 tank?

If it has no way of retreat it fights to the death causing you to loose more then you could have let it retreat and bedone.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2011, 12:40:12 am »

Also remember the quote about leaving a route of escape?

Do you really want to waist more resources forcing you to loose your position in the game just to kill a vet 2 tank?

If it has no way of retreat it fights to the death causing you to loose more then you could have let it retreat and bedone.

What about when people bait with spawn repair , and when you for example bum rush  to kill that repairing tank they bring in 2 paks or atgs  , you attack and they spawn repair-retreat their tank , paks kill your tanks , you loose 2 tanks and they nothing. The attackers are usualy at the bigger disadvantage because they have to go across whole map onto your spawn. You have time to see them or hear them on map and prepare.

It's easier to kill such an attack then to loose a tank on spawn.

preferably newbies need a system like that to retain vet

But it's not a 'special system that was implemented so noobs can retain vet' Demon,  it's just something that is. Current repairing system was implemented - yes,

but you can repair anywhere on field , so this imo is an overlook.

Finally, if you honestly can't see the similarity between infantry triaging and tanks repairing t

It's not comparable becaue if 1 man from squad is dead you will never have full hp back.

Medium tanks heal to full hp and the big heavies you can repair also to full hp with 2 repairs.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:10:08 am by nugnugx » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc