Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:56:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about CW and Royal Engineers  (Read 14203 times)
JustCarnage Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: April 29, 2011, 05:35:00 pm »

After starting to play as Brits, I've come to a few questions:

Regarding fireflies, how should they be used? It's evident that they lack armor/health to be able to take any AT fire but they even seem to be unable to handle certain axis armor such as the marder 3. For what/when should they be used?

Which vehicle is better at AI, Cromwell or Staghound?

Is the 75mm sherman gun for the Churchill a substantial improvement over the original?

What's the difference between CCS armor and triage armor?

Is there any point in using the vickers mmg?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 05:38:34 pm »

Fighting Marder III with a tank is same like fighting 6Pdr or PAK38 with a tank head on.

When do people fucking realize this that Marder III = ATG. It has 60 Range and 150 damage per shot. 165 with lockdown.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 05:42:28 pm »

The Vickers is nice if it's your only choice. If you have the option for HMG Commando's they can be more survivable because of smoke.(I personally still use Vickers as Royal Commando because they get Suppression Fire and Sprint)

The Firefly is best when Paired with a Cromwell Command Tank, and used to take free shots at enemy tanks. try and stay near a Bren Tommy squad  incase a Tank tries to suicide charge you. The Firefly will severely hamper the efforts of enemy heavy tanks and with proper care you can take shots at medium tanks without fear of them rushing you (The Firefly reloads quicker at long range and reloads slower at close range)

Don't fight a Marder with a Firefly. Unless it's on low enough health and it's facing away from you that a single shot or 2 will kill it. Best to just avoid them.

Staghound is definitely the better AI platform with micro.

The original Churchill gun is utter shit, it has no splash, no accuracy. The Tank in vCoH serves as a 3CP suppression tool and damage sink. The 75mm cannon on the Churchill is a vast improvement. Sherman gun/Churchill tank

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
JustCarnage Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 05:44:40 pm »

Any idea what sort of buffs the CCT gives the firefly and if any buffs are gained through CCT vet?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 05:52:51 pm »

actually brn, the Vickers without supp fire is decent now, about as good as a .30 cal, before it would barely suppress.

Also another good combo with a FF, which is one of my faves is any type of bren (tommy or uni carrier) plus a recon to give it sight or the command upgrade for cct and u put the cct in front of the FF so u get i think it's 45 sight (50 if you have RCA) that way you can definitely get a shot off without even bein' seen a lot of times.

CCT = 20% ROF, +5 sight and 2.5 weapon range. thats in general

there are different modifiers for the 95mm, Achilles and Comet which is +5 sight.

now, i'm not sure if it's the normal buffs + that or not so :shrug:

vet 2 adds +10% more ROF, 2.5 more range and an additional +5 sight.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:59:06 pm by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
JustCarnage Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 06:05:50 pm »

Thank you for all the quick responses
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 07:33:11 pm »

Yeah, with all my TH experience I notice something about fireflies.

They think a single firefly and a CCT is all the AT they need.

That is wrong, you NEED a bren squad to make sure my jagdpanther doesnt just rush and pwn your faceoff. The firefly cant accelerate fast enough to escape the jagdpanther, you NEED to have a bren to make sure it cant rush.

Also remember MMG carriers are the beast, they surpress and can button like a boss.

Other than that slow ass tigers(all three of the varients, tiger,KT,JT) will have a rough time fighting your firefly. Just keep him safe from stormies. I like a .30 + MMG carrier(with T1 sight/dectection buff) to hunt them down.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
JustCarnage Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 08:03:33 pm »

Thanks for mentioning MMG carriers. I've noticed that my company lacks suppression but Ive grown to dislike mg teams. I find them to be useless in offensives with their lack of mobility coupled with set up time and they usually end up nuked when placed defensively.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 08:25:50 pm »

That they do.

Dual fireflies with a CCT following each is instant death to ANY and all axis armor rushes. Unless they have 10 tanks, somehow, you WILL wreck them (so long as marders arent invloved). Get vet on em' and it just increases the pwn. Note however, that that's 32 pop (i think), so when you pop your lolpwn AT, you'll have space for maybe a single MMG carrier or bren squad (latter preferable cuz it cant get lolwtf ATG pwnd and it can cap if need be).

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 08:33:23 pm »

dual mmg's are pretty nasty vs infantry, they're like .30 cals with a bit lower suppression. they dont take a lot of punishment if there's AT around.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 03:17:01 am »

The Vickers is nice if it's your only choice. If you have the option for HMG Commando's they can be more survivable because of smoke.(I personally still use Vickers as Royal Commando because they get Suppression Fire and Sprint)
Rly? i havent been able to use suppressive fireon my mgs since a patch or two ago

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 03:18:15 am »

A patch or 2 ago Suppression fire was restricted to Commando's and RCA doctrine selections. It also doesn't instant pin it just enables to gun to fire more in the same period of time which is almost the same thing.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 05:59:15 am »

Btw, the command bonuses of CCT's, Lt's and Captains do NOT stack. Having more than one around a single unit is a waste of resources.

Dual FF's is a good way to lose half your fuel instantly if your not careful. On top of this, it's heavy on the pop restricting your infantry and any potential light AT you may have. You should only ever consider pulling out two FF's if your enemy has more than a single heavy armour piece, and your already at 40 pop. Any other time it would be more productive to have a FF, CCT, Bren and a 6 pounder. 17 pounder works wonders if your RE and the heavy armour absolutely has to go, but the 6 pounder will be better at keeping lighter armour off your back with it's better mobility.

There's a subtle art to micro'ing FF's. Keep your CCT slightly ahead of your FF for sight range, and preferably behind some form of shot blocker. Keeping it a little bit ahead means it will take the first shot from AT that isn't specifically targetting your FF. It quickly becomes apparent how much shit the CCT can actually take when all you want to do is to take shit and spot.

Oh, and NEVER use the follow ability for any form of Allied command unit. Ever. People that do so deserve to put a toothpick under their big toe nail and kick a wall really hard.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
JustCarnage Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 08:10:36 am »

Heh, Ive learned to avoid using the follow action in vCoH since the pathing is total trash and gets your leaders killed. Is there any use in keeping a 25 pounder? It appears that it can barely do any damage with the time between shells and dispersion.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 10:08:08 am »

Rly? i havent been able to use suppressive fireon my mgs since a patch or two ago

yeah it was removed but the vickers itself was buffed so it's not useless without supp fire anymore.

BTW, can any devs confirm this?

there are different modifiers for the 95mm, Achilles and Comet which is +5 sight.

now, i'm not sure if it's the normal buffs + that or not so :shrug:

vet 2 adds +10% more ROF, 2.5 more range and an additional +5 sight.

is that really the case? do the 95mm, achillies and comet not get normal buffs from the CCT except +5 sight?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 10:43:31 am »

If you have the spare fuel, keeping a 25 pounder in your back pocket can prove a god send. Esp if your team lacks artillery support.

It's useful for dropping mortars, HMG's and persistent paks.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 12:41:25 pm »

i dont think i would ever bring out dual FFs except under extreme conditions, such as there is a KT and your team already has loads of AI and at least 1-2 atgs already. Once that armor is gone your FFs are sitting the battlefield until the enemy is dumb enough to bring more armor out. Although they will probably suicide some stuff just to kill the FFs.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 06:13:56 am »

Edit:
The spambot was funny, but now it's removed. Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:42:23 am by Ahnungsloser » Logged

9th Armoured Engineers
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 11:33:23 am »

..wut

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 01:31:36 pm »

I feel like necroing this thread because it contains a massive flaw that everyone seems to make. The Cromwell Command Tank does not give +20% rate of fire to a firefly, it gives +40%. It's +20% for all other tanks.
stfu nub this is EiR not vcoh

CCT give .9 reload at vet 0
cct give extra .9 at vet 2
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc