Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 01:28:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You Play Shogun 2!  (Read 28030 times)
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2011, 07:34:09 am »

Yeah, that is a pretty unfair system if you ask me. Although, how could you make it fair?
The only way I could see it is making having to play more games to get the same impact as smaller clans.
But oh well its only a game Tongue
Also, Ive joined the clan, played my first 1v1 in a good while and won. I was happy with myself :3
The cock using elite horses (least i think that what the guard horses and guard horses were) I lost my general, calvery and archers. Some how I kept my peasent spearmen and swordsmen from running, (usually I find that a general death is gg). Managed to wipe out like 2/3rds of his army and seeing as I had 3 squads of spears against his 3 horses, i knew i was gonna win, just had to get close and engage. So I spent the next copule mins chasing him a little with him firing arrows, woul never catch him, so i hid in trees and spent 10-20 mins hiding in there, one forest move later he went to capture one of the key buildings between 2 ridges (only 2 ways in and out), sent a swordman round try and force him to us. I fucked up and left them unhidden so he slaughtered it. He then went to face me in front of the forest, i came out knowing hes going to be stupidly low on arrows (I forgot they had ammo counts until then) and as i found out, they had none. I was now close enough to probably engage, ran at him, he kited away. So I sent my last bunch of swordsmen to cap the building and i wqnted to make a spike wall between the 2 ridges (it was narrow enough for my 3 spears to do the wall thing and seal it on that side).
As i was in the middle of that with my back turnt he ran at me, i quickly swung round and engaged him and completely wiped him out. Mostmdrawn out battle yet, and it was tense Cheesy
Sorry for the shitty story, but I was proud of myself there :3
Got the replay if anyone cares x3
So yeah, join the clan and the first battle since my pc was formatted is the most epic battle Ive had, me winning it and getting a win for the clan.

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011, 08:29:15 am »

tl;dr
please revise.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 08:35:05 am »

TL;DR: Watch attachment.
Extract and place the .replay into x:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\replays
AppData is a hidden folder FYI
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2011, 11:57:41 am »

Yeah, that is a pretty unfair system if you ask me. Although, how could you make it fair?
The only way I could see it is making having to play more games to get the same impact as smaller clans.
But oh well its only a game Tongue
Also, Ive joined the clan, played my first 1v1 in a good while and won. I was happy with myself :3
The cock using elite horses (least i think that what the guard horses and guard horses were) I lost my general, calvery and archers. Some how I kept my peasent spearmen and swordsmen from running, (usually I find that a general death is gg). Managed to wipe out like 2/3rds of his army and seeing as I had 3 squads of spears against his 3 horses, i knew i was gonna win, just had to get close and engage. So I spent the next copule mins chasing him a little with him firing arrows, woul never catch him, so i hid in trees and spent 10-20 mins hiding in there, one forest move later he went to capture one of the key buildings between 2 ridges (only 2 ways in and out), sent a swordman round try and force him to us. I fucked up and left them unhidden so he slaughtered it. He then went to face me in front of the forest, i came out knowing hes going to be stupidly low on arrows (I forgot they had ammo counts until then) and as i found out, they had none. I was now close enough to probably engage, ran at him, he kited away. So I sent my last bunch of swordsmen to cap the building and i wqnted to make a spike wall between the 2 ridges (it was narrow enough for my 3 spears to do the wall thing and seal it on that side).
As i was in the middle of that with my back turnt he ran at me, i quickly swung round and engaged him and completely wiped him out. Mostmdrawn out battle yet, and it was tense Cheesy
Sorry for the shitty story, but I was proud of myself there :3
Got the replay if anyone cares x3
So yeah, join the clan and the first battle since my pc was formatted is the most epic battle Ive had, me winning it and getting a win for the clan.

There are several ways to balance multiplayer clan conquest. One of them is to group clans by number of members, like weight classes in boxing. Another is to put a cap on the number of members. A third is to have influence gain scale inversely with number of members in the clan.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 11:59:17 am »

Oh and btw, get yari cavalry ASAP and always field at least 2 of them. If the enemy has cavalry and you don't it's extremely easy to outmanoeuvre, confuse and break up your formation no matter how many spearmen you have.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 12:00:39 pm »

Oh, I had Yari Cavalry. Sadly, they got backhanded in the opening fight Sad
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2011, 12:09:48 pm »

Oh, I had Yari Cavalry. Sadly, they got backhanded in the opening fight Sad

Depending on how much difference there is in veterancy you need between 1.5 and 3 yari cavalry for every guard cavalry. Guard Cavalry are both very expensive, require all cavalry buildings, you can only field 2 AND they require a special retainer just to have them. And that is why they are so insanely good vs cavalry.

One thing you could do however is to have naginata or yari troops near your cav, and just use to cav to countercharge his charge close to your army and then rush in with infantry. That way 1 yari cav+1 inf can easily kill a guard cavalry and if it tries to run away it will take many casualties as the yari cav chases them.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2011, 02:15:59 pm »

Wait. I don't have Yari. I thought they were the basic horses. XD
Still need to get them, Aiming for the Matchlock guys at the moment though. I like being able to Pew Pew them Smiley
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 03:21:45 pm »

Yari Cavalry are nice as a baseline Cav. unit. Katana are cheaper as of the recent patch but sometimes I need cavalry with a good charge. I normally use great guard(yet to get any damn vet Great guards!)

Yari the units are pretty junk. I usually take Naginata instead and just hybrid to threats

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 03:29:21 pm »

Played 3 games, won against lvl9, lost against level1(seriously my general is taking like 50% of the credits :O ) and lost against rank8 who was spamming naginata samurai + bow warrior monks. They had water in their back and camped. I had nothing to beat them.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2011, 04:37:14 pm »

YES!!!!!!

Mempo mask!  On Avatar +3 Morale for Nearby troops and -3 Morale for nearby enemies

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:40:45 pm by brn4meplz » Logged
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2011, 06:23:50 pm »

YES!!!!!!

Mempo mask!  On Avatar +3 Morale for Nearby troops and -3 Morale for nearby enemies

MUST...HAVE...MASK
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2011, 02:14:05 am »

Still want my Blade master, then I'd be happy

(as opposed to being ecstatic that I got the mask! Fuck yeah)
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2011, 04:48:06 am »

Wow grats man, now show us how your guy looks like with it.

I think you get a visible item with the retainer don't you?
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2011, 05:03:42 am »

Nope, it's just a Retainer. It's a legendary item so it just drops rather then having to achieve all the drops in a set.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2011, 09:01:50 am »

How easy is it to get these "drops"? And can you get them even if you win or lose?
I swear I've not had one so far and I've played about 10-20 battles.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2011, 09:06:58 am »

I've only gotten stuff from Wins. My first 10 games were all drops then I had nothing for like 40. Actually more, because I'm sitting on like ~65 recorded matches and I had 25 games played back when stats were broken.

Honestly as nice as Drops are it's more a bonus. I'm finding it hard to get certain units to veteran status(Great Guard!) and to get more clan tokens to upgrade the ones I do have.

It's easy to bitch about not getting something on a purely random mechanic.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2011, 09:17:50 am »

How easy is it to get these "drops"? And can you get them even if you win or lose?
I swear I've not had one so far and I've played about 10-20 battles.

They are more random than random.

One guy got a legendary drop on a match that he lost.

And me, I've played about 300 games and I still haven't gotten a single legendary item and just a handful of complete sets. Sometimes it can go 30 matches without a single drop, sometimes 5 in a row.

It's...slightly annoying Tongue
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2011, 09:23:17 am »

Just to salt the wound. My Hideous Menpo Mask has contributed to my 5th victory this morning.(I can't say it won them as they were brutal massacres but it certainly helps I think)
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2011, 09:27:19 am »

Just to salt the wound. My Hideous Menpo Mask has contributed to my 5th victory this morning.(I can't say it won them as they were brutal massacres but it certainly helps I think)

Thanks, much appreciated T-T
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc