Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 11:28:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is, in your view, the worst doctrine in EIR  (Read 7098 times)
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 08:19:37 am »

I can only speak for the Axis doctrines since my experience with the allies is decidedly limited, but I'd say defensive is currently the weakest of their choices.

Looking at the current meta-game which revolves around elite infantry backed up by artillery and heavy (or hyper-capable) armor, defensive lacks not only the appeal, but the means of effectively dealing with the threats it faces in-game.

Am I saying the LeIG, Pak 40, and 88 are bad units? No. But when confronted by the sheer amount of heavies present (Pershings/Churchills/Jumbos) backed up by ever present on and off maps and elite infantry, those units can only do so much for so long before they are destroyed. Their impact when compared to the alternative Tigers/KTs/Jagds backed up by pill terror, or elite armor blitz (or any of the other doctrines really...) is negligible. Why go with the doctrine with the easily bombed out and relatively immobile super support weapons when far more mobile, and therefore - more effective, options exist?

SE - Moving lockdown ISTs, assault flammen grens, fiery doom hummels/stukkas. May be a one-trick-pony, but it represents infantry killing at its finest

Luft - If someone REALLY wants an 88... then go luft for the elite and deadly fallschirmjagers with the nasty ambush you can have to support it.

TH - The ultimate armor dominator with its tank killing bad-assery. HVAP Pershings? Churchills? So the fuck what? The jagd is a speedy, hyper-armored 88. Vehicles of any kind are about useless against this doctrine when it's played right.

Blitz - Tigers and elite armored grenadiers and storms. Must I continue?

Terror - The fat, stupid, piece of flaming butt shit terrible KT whose only saving grace is that it can take hits like a drunken Irishman with the most terrifying elite infantry in the game and boasts even better support weapon buffs.

Looking at those options, why would anyone choose defensive? In its current form... I can't think of any meta-game scenario either today or in the future where this doctrine would be a better choice than any of those other doctrines. The only way I can see defensive being viable is to either seriously tone down the amount of artillery present, or make support weapon crews far far more resilient against things that blow up. 88's that can relocate (without the need for some cumbersome, time-consuming process) would also help. Or how about a triangulation style way to reveal the map rather than just 2 measly uses of MI? How about a T3 which puts MI on a 5 minute cooldown? There's endless ways to make the doctrine useful and thus, more appealing.

BigDick
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 09:14:20 am »

i would have said airborne and defensive since that is the only doctrines where i haven't found a great working company build for me (except 3 AB snipers but thats a different story)

but since we are not allowed to say airborne i would say defensive (but probably because that suck ass campy shit gameplay with flaks don't fit to my style)

if we consider the changelog of the patch that isn't released yet (since 10 days  Roll Eyes ) i would say terror will be the weakest..(at least the pre rework nerfed old doctrine abilities)

it had only one good build and that will get nerfed to hell

and tankhunter...because after the nerf of stummel and some other stuff  Roll Eyes (in changelog were no exact stats but i bet it will be nerfed to being useless) they have no good stuff

and people wo say the hetzer is best allround tank go onl. and i roflstomp you  Grin

don't know why people complain about blitz i had 2 decent blitz company builds

In fact, Blitzkreig doesn't make sense to me at all, it is supposed to be built around fast, harrassing attacks against the opponent anywhere, but only Lightning War allows you to do this to any effect, but that's now been nerfed, and it still gimps your infantry for 60 seconds.

maybe you should think about blitz more in kind of a low support weapons and more tanks supported by infantry company

only fail for blitz is that p4s are shit currently in eir
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:21:07 am by BigDick » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc