Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 06:34:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airborne Doctrine Drafts  (Read 15356 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: May 23, 2011, 02:25:09 am »

Doctrine Draft Proposals:
If you do not know what this thread is about, go here first: http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19251.msg335819;topicseen#new
The intent here is to get new ideas.
This thread is not for the discussion of the Design Philosophy. The Design Philosophy is not going to change. If you do not agree with it….too bad for you.

If you submit a draft, it is not guaranteed to be implemented. Even if it is the only draft, it must go through all the phases of approval by the Dev Team. If you have a fear of rejection, this may not be the place for you. However, if your draft is very well thought out, follows the Design Philosophy, Is completely balanced, and has good synergy; it will more than likely be implemented without change…..

Only the 8 member balance team and the 5 member SDT will determine if it follows the correct criteria.
**** Disclaimer: We are very aware that previous doctrines may or may not have followed these rules. They will be adjusted where needed at a later time. We are moving forward here, not dwelling on the past.

PROCEDURES & GUIDELINES:
1. This thread is not for discussion or input from others. All posts other than the draft proposal will be deleted without comment. This will be strictly enforced.
2. All submissions must follow the Doctrine Draft Template: http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19255.0
3.Drafts not posted in the correct format will be deleted without comment. This will be strictly enforced.
4. Drafts must follow the design philosophy. Obvious infractions will be deleted. A reason will be given in the removal.
5. The submitter must provide a brief description of how his design works and flows. Why you feel it creates synergy; obvious steps taken to ensure balance; how it interacts with other doctrines.
6. Other posters may post questions for clarification. These must be courteous well thought out questions. This will be closely moderated.
7. All submissions must follow this Design: http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19253.0
8. All submissions must follow the Tree specialization definitions: http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19254.0

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:31:12 am by tank130 » Logged

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 01:17:39 am »

Offensive Tree:Eye in the sky.
Tier 1x1:
-Ability:Jeep has 5+sight detection. +10 Sight for Airborne in buildings.
-Description Airborne (Elite) receive better sight

Tier 1x2: Modified equipment
-Ability:Recieve +1 satchel 5+grenade range. sticky bombs 5+ range.
-Description

Tier 1x3: Retaliate
-Ability:Airborne recieved accuracy -5% per loss squad member. Airborne Kills higher chance of dropping weapons. +1 Smoke Volley. Fireup increase pack up time by 20%.
-Description

Tier 1x4:Keep it moving.
-Ability:No fire up exhaustion, -60 second cooldown on fireup, Airborne mgs gain sprint and fireup. atgs mgs mortars, 20% faster pack up on fireup.
-Description

Utility/Mobility Tree:
Name:Secured drop.
Tier 2x1:
-Ability:All Airborne units less drift.5- timer
-Description (for example Dudes are faster)

Tier 2x2:Guerilla tactics.
-Ability: Smoke rounds wider area of coverage 30%. M10,hellcat,sherman. Provide 30M aura 10%- received accuracy 10%- supression.
-Description

Tier 2x3: Reinforcements
-Ability:-25 Drop time. Airborne Recieve Smoke on deployment, All Airborne sprint for 8 seconds after standing up. Quads,50cal 20% accuracy arrive 10% faster.
-Description

Tier 2x4: Keep the pressure
-Ability:Airborne Mines slow +10s. Airborne infantry receive Airborne armor.Engineers receive Airborne mines. Airborne,engineers build defenses 40% faster. Mortars have increased smoke range and Rate of fire.
-Description

Defensive Tree: Forward scouts.
Tier 3x1:
-Ability: 5+ sight to jeeps,Airborne can build defences
-Description

Tier 3x2: Spotting scopes.
-Ability:Infantry in /L/H/G/T receive 5+ sight 5+detection
5+ Infantry and support teams receive 5+range in G/T.
-Description

Tier 3x3:
-Ability:Airborne capture 3x the rate.Infantry receive 10% less damage in G/T cover. All AP Units +6 seconds.
-Description

Tier 3x4: Name
-Ability:Airborne Support teams Receive Cloak in cover and ambush bonus 15+ accuracy for 5S supression +15%. Medic heals In garrison and heals itself. receives Heroic armor. option to purchase 1 supply crate with hmg,mortar,2bazooks,1 medkit(2 uses). 170 munitions.
-Description

Bottom Tier

Tier 1x1: Aerial support teams
-Ability: Unlock AB support weapons.
-Description (For example Unlock Dudes)

Tier 1x2:Recon run
-Ability:Recon run 2x
-Description

Tier 1x3: Airborne Elite.
-Ability:Unlocks Airborne Elite infantry
-Description

Tier 2x1:
-Ability: Receive LMG,Mines for Airborne, and Smoke mortars.(only shoots smoke rounds with extra range)
-Description (For example Unlock some more Dudes)

Tier 2x2:Strafing run
-Ability:2x Strafin runs
-Description

Tier 2x3: Airborne incoming.
-Ability:unlock Airborne sniper,Airborne riflemen.
-Description

Tier 3x1: Name
-Ability: Assemetric warfare.
-Description Fire a volley of grenades or bazookas at designated target(75 munitions)Smoke volley(45 Munitions) 1x

Tier 3x2: Bombing run
-Ability:2x bombing runs
-Description

Tier 3x3: Airborne medic.
-Ability:
-Description

It was a rough draft im looking to balance it out i just kinda went with how Terror has such Good buffs to everything. Will make another later. How i based this is i wanted Airborne to attack and retreat mainly the whole idea of Airborne is get in get out not prolonged engagements usually. Just let me know what you think

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 08:26:18 am »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvmSPj7XTvlzdDNvQk1FODNCY0ZzNVdicEdNb1J0VFE

Explanation: This Doctrine draft ive created looks to me, to be quite well written, ive tried my best to make the choices meld well together, tried my best to make dual t3 options just as viable as a T4. a Good example of a line working together is the sneak ability combined with the reduced grenade timer, you sneak up on an hmg for example, toss your grenade and becuase it explodes faster, he has less time to react. Or you could do it the other way, grenade an HMG then sneak away into the night.

i am also well aware that if you combine the top t3 and t4 together, you can get some pretty damn powerfull carbines for 15 secondes. The reason ive made it 15 secondes is so you dont spend much out of the smoke with 45% more accuracy on your carbines. Becuase smoke has accuracy penalties and blah blah blah you know already.

Ive made a very obvious connection to the top t3 and middle t3 as if you do both, you get extra buffs for doing so.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:25:59 pm by 8thRifleRegiment » Logged

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 08:31:17 am »

just put it in a google draft like this
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CMrRk7wN&key=0AmM5l70zYmM7dDFmNzhTZlpSdHRjUkp1dDJsQnhDb2c&hl=en_US&authkey=CMrRk7wN#gid=0
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 09:00:14 am »

tankedit: Useless information removed
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:36:35 am by tank130 » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 09:30:19 am »

tankedit: Useless information removed
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:36:43 am by tank130 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 09:39:10 am »

Yes, Leo you beat me to it.

To anyone putting up a draft suggestion: Please use the format provided by Leo. Any serious suggestions put forward in that format will be reviewed by the Dev team. Others will not.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 11:50:55 am »

fine im saving this spot till i got the rest of the doctrine worked out
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:56:27 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 11:54:07 am »

Spartan, this is for Drafts only, if you think it's a good idea, make a post in the Suggestions forums, or you will keep getting deleted.

btw, i do love the idea, i just dont want it to fall on deaf ears because you aren't following protocol.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 01:27:58 pm »

@8thRifleRegiment:

Your Airborne Doctrine Draft is awesome.

9th Armoured Engineers
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 01:32:14 pm »

i dislike Greasguns, Mp44's are far supperior 2 grease guns dont do alot 2 Mp44s do alot.

I like most of the draft, but needs better names.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 01:38:18 pm »

i dislike Greasguns, Mp44's are far supperior 2 grease guns dont do alot 2 Mp44s do alot.

Grease Gun = MP40

MP44 >>> MP40

Result:

MP44 Performes better than Grease Gun.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 06:17:44 pm »

Infantry doc submission. Edited it, heavily, after Tym mentioned it wasnt' EiR-appropriate. Yes, I realise Im putting an inf doc post in an AB doc thread; I'm working on an AB doc now based on 8ths. Basically copying his, correcting his terrible spelling and grammar, and adding some semi-creative names.

- (1) Support Crew Aura 40m, applies to all player units. Non-stackable.
 - (2) Flare-laced barbed wire would pop illuminating (35m) and decloaking (10m) flares for 20s if an enemy infantry squad or support crew walks within 20m of it. Can only be constructed in single lengths, 3x normal build time.
 - (3) The M9A1 Bazooka fires single Calliope rockets and so is more useful and accurate against buildings, infantry, and LVs. Because the Calliope rocket has nearly 100% penetration it can peg armor as well, but the damage each rocket actually influcts is miniscule (50-30 max-min).
 - (4) Negative Manpower cost of the M1 Carbines upgrade reflects the loss in effectiveness; would be the equivilent of cost cutting the already questionable ability of nilla riflemen when you 'just need that 10 more manpower'.
 - (5) Triple BARs would have the 5s targeted Suppressive Volley ability from vCoH; removes the ability to spam triple BAR SF.
 - (8 ) Proposed replacement name for the "American Officer".
 - (9) This I could honestly care less about, I just remembered it being pretty cool from BKmod. Would probably have WM mortar range and fire StuH shells with less damage. Not sure, maybe it could build emplacements for itself and enter/exit them at whim? Doesn't matter, really unsure on this one.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 06:25:11 pm »

Grease Gun = MP40

MP44 >>> MP40

Result:

MP44 Performes better than Grease Gun.

That is wrong, Grease guns have better stats than MP40s (despite what the RGDs say).  They are a better 'long range' MP40, and a squad of greasegunners can rape the hell out of a MP44 KCH squad.  In a pure long range or medium only fight the MP44 would still have the advantage, but greaseguns will still cause some hurt at medium range and when charging/defending are more effective than MP40s.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 06:28:48 pm »

Volksy, can you please make a seperate thread for US Infantry and not stick it in Airborne?  Your doctrine does look very interesting, but it needs to be in its own thread and since you're the 'author' of it, you need to do it and not me ;P
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 07:22:35 pm »

That is wrong, Grease guns have better stats than MP40s (despite what the RGDs say).  They are a better 'long range' MP40, and a squad of greasegunners can rape the hell out of a MP44 KCH squad.  In a pure long range or medium only fight the MP44 would still have the advantage, but greaseguns will still cause some hurt at medium range and when charging/defending are more effective than MP40s.
So your telling me leo added in a hidden modifier that makes greaseguns way better than Mp40s and makes them have 50% more acc and damage vs heroic armour.

Ok.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 07:25:37 pm »

Ask Burn4Me, it's something to do with the Greasegun statistics that make the Greasegun way better than Mp40s, and my pure Greasegun company always defeated KCH (and considering I'm using a 200MP, 65MU unit to counter.. well, I forget off the top of my head what a KCH costs), I find them a very good buy.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 08:26:11 pm »

so.. you dont read the description of why ive chosen grease guns? Maybe becuase its in the defensive line, not the offensive one, maybe becuase they already have fireup, if i gave them thompsons they would be elite armor assault sqauds with fireup. No thanks.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 08:29:22 pm »

so.. you dont read the description of why ive chosen grease guns? Maybe becuase its in the defensive line, not the offensive one, maybe becuase they already have fireup, if i gave them thompsons they would be elite armor assault sqauds with fireup. No thanks.

Your right i didnt read thanks for pointing that out, i agree then we dont want anymore terror kidz with lulz support.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 02:36:52 pm »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgZoS6XRbb9WdFM4ZnVEd1Y3NmlqR19kSV9femJHM0E

Here is my draft of Airborne still needs final tweakings but its close.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc