Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 09:32:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctrine Unlock Suggestions (v1.6): With Changelog  (Read 23703 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2011, 07:14:20 am »

Bump.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2011, 07:47:54 am »

tbh i like couple of the ideas here.

The mods really should look over this and maybe add some of it as Reward units to sertain factions, would add more veriety to the possible cards you could get and would make it more intresting.

Srsly not joking there for volks is one of the most annoying guys on this forum but he might have some good shit in this PDF file

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2011, 08:09:56 am »

I'd like to agree on one part that there need to be a lil be more variety in the reward units. Maybe 5 per faction. Right now, pe and cw have few choices, while us and wm have a bit more

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2011, 10:31:00 am »

Bump, Ice and Tym need not post more support Wink every time I bump this.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2011, 10:36:18 am »

Have you made a alternative to anzac? I find those guys pretty boring. Yeah sure they fill a role in the british army (moving "heavy" AI weapon), but I wish some basic non-reward unit could fill this hole and the british reward infantry be a little more exciting.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2011, 10:38:10 am »

Bump, Ice and Tym need not post more support Wink every time I bump this.

NEVER!!!
well i like alot of the ideas as reward inf and i would love to see it as it.
or even as units part of the Docs.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:43:31 am by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2011, 10:43:50 am »

Smokaz, PM me with ~3 basic outlines for stuff, and ill try and pick one and write it up.

EDIT: The OP contains the document with all of the units etc.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:47:22 am by TheVolskinator » Logged
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2011, 04:01:59 pm »

Bump, 1.5 is up. (See OP)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 04:13:58 pm by TheVolskinator » Logged
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2011, 04:49:59 pm »

v1.6, with two new units (marked on OP). Credit has been given to the originators of several concepts. Full list of the units and other suggestions in order of appearance in the PDF are included on the OP, along with the new PDF version. The PDF also contains a new ability concept based on grenades, and two new upgrade ideas.

EDIT: One of the new units is a take on the Luftwaffe Ground Forces stealth unit idea presented by Audemed.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2011, 03:34:06 pm »

Posting this before I work anything out in the PDF. Havent touched the PDF for a month or more now anyways.

Anywho, what about the M7 Priest for Inf companies in addition to/instead of the 105? All artillery based companies (Defensive, RCA, SE) except infantry have some sort of vehicle based artillery. Someone is sure to bring up the brits and 25pdr, but the 25pdr is non doctrinal and most RCA companies will use the Priest in place of the 25pdr.

"Choose L&L noob". Uh, so I'm sacrificing my infantry buffs so my howitzers can move, when the other mentioned companies get their SPGs (or Stukas, for defensive) off the bat? Seems a wee bit unfair. The 105 is a great unit, but its meh vs its competition (especially when it cant move without a T4, grants no cover or protection to the crew, and is VERY easily destroyed by even small arms fire, not to mention decrewed/killed on a regular basis). The howie doesnt even have a zombie emplacement around it that you can recrew and get HP back on.

So, american Priest w. some sort of new stat?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2011, 03:46:51 pm »

Roll Eyes

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2011, 04:01:36 pm »

They need to make L&L better.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2011, 04:32:22 pm »

They need to make L&L better.
+1

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2011, 06:36:02 pm »

what a fucking joke

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2011, 01:37:13 am »

"Choose L&L noob". Uh, so I'm sacrificing my infantry buffs so my howitzers can move, when the other mentioned companies get their SPGs (or Stukas, for defensive) off the bat? Seems a wee bit unfair. The 105 is a great unit, but its meh vs its competition (especially when it cant move without a T4, grants no cover or protection to the crew, and is VERY easily destroyed by even small arms fire, not to mention decrewed/killed on a regular basis). The howie doesnt even have a zombie emplacement around it that you can recrew and get HP back on.

so what you saying is that stuka is better than 105? Cuz from what I saw,there are alot more 105 than stukas. Since when can rifles very easily destroy the actual 105? seems than I wont need t osend shrecks/tanks to kill thing,ninja volks squad will do this very fast.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2011, 01:40:25 am »

add to L&L:

weapon crews have elite armor and thompson smgs Smiley

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Contaminator Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2011, 06:55:58 am »

Well first time looking over the PDF. First impression: Interesting. (side note... was a bitch to read through some of those epic paragraphs in earlier posts)

Ok... here are my feelings. And up front I want to say thank you for all your hard work and thought that you put into this.

Stuart Rhino: Not really a fan. This unit could be done without it just seems a tad odd.

Rocketeer Squad: As much as I feel there is a gaping hole in US handheld AT (the reason I refuse to play them) I don't think a dedicated AT squad is what they need. Just doesn't feel right.

.30 Cal Fire Support Team: love this idea and unit. For good usage it still requires some micro as well as sitting down and setting up (of course shorter) It keeps with the US style of "Fark ton of diff units on the field that have to work together to get the job done." That and there is a dash reality tactics in it that will always please me Cheesy

82nd Squad:well... maybe... kinda....... No. I would rather see the Airborne get a well thought out decent revision to make them worth playing more (love my AB). I don't think a new unit would be the solution... even though I would love it so much!

Combat Technicians: for whatever reason when I saw "Unit role: Construction under fire" I immediately thought of uber tough engies takin fire while they throw down sandbags or barbed wire... I would say yes but with the stipulation that they get more survivability without increased firepower so they cant dual role as heavy assault AND construction... they should be one or the other. If that cant be done then they should go out the window... sry  Undecided

Combat team: Straight no. As much as I would love some rifleman pwning those darned Nazis from a distance I would rather see Marines become more commonplace. To be honest WWI and WWII marines were the best damn marksmen out there. I dunno... I been tossing the idea around in my head of making Rangers the US standard elite inf and make Marines a doctrine unlock (obviously would have to be balance checked in some way... I leave that up to your imagination. Maybe only marines get zooks Undecided )

Sherman Easy Eight: Again in fantasies I would love to see it all over the fields of EIR but with hellcat, m10 and atgs (and hopefully some increased love to US handheld AT plz Cry )

Mountaineer Skirmishers: Another unit I think would be a cool add but for the sake of US play style, and the slight sense of mirror balancing im getting (RUN FOR THE HILLS  Shocked ), i would say maybe have a 2 man cloak unit that does low dps and a slightly larger reveal radius than storms and make it come with the Inf howie and call them something like "Advance Spotters" so that you can spot for your arty. It still requires a fair amount of skill and time to make it useful and could give the howie just a little edge that skillful playing can add.

Highlanders Assault Squad: love the brits. no complaints with them. Dunno how I feel about this unit though. it is different and mold breaking ill give you that but there is nothing about it (other than yelling "For Freedom!!!" into Vent whilst you commence charge to satchel throw) that really makes me say... yea I would have that unit in my company.

"Wasp" Universal Carrier: discard. Just stick some sapper flamers in a bren and lulz there you go.

Heavy Defense Pioneer squad: mmmeeeehhhhhhh... In my attempt to have an unbiased opinion on these units (despite what it may seem) Im not much for this unit. It just seems to easy (even though it is "Defensive" doctrine) to have one unit you can just crap out defense and support from... that and it seems very similar to standard pioneers... just a tad more offensive. I dunno maybe I am looking at them wrong. Ill keep thinking about it.

Sturmpionieren Trupp: NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NIEN!!!! I SEE NUSINK!!! I think having one axis doctrine with ridiculous assault flames is enough (sry that is my opinion).

Command Field Seargent: For whatever reason I remember suggesting some kind of Airborne officer (yes I love my AB) maybe a month ago... got instantly shot down saying there are already too many officer units and blah blah blah. So considering the verdict already laid down my peers:
Duh, because there are too many already.

Volkssturm: We are talking about Germans right? ok good thought we started to talk about Russians. Flat out no with this unit. Ends up feeling too much like US play style of lots of squish infantry that blob. Considering that the allies had a industrial war machine that will probably never be matched (except maybe by china) it is the allies job (namely the US) to have more units... for cheaper... that are weaker. If you start giving this to axis then supposedly you are putting too many goodies into one basket. want front line infantry thats throw away reduce effectivness of Volks and reduce price. bam there you go no need for new unit and all the coding that goes with it.

Falshirmjäger Scharfschützen: eh maybe. implementation and balancing would be delicate considering Falls are (imo) already pretty damn good at what they do.

Glider-Borne Luftlandpionieren: I could accept this. If its going elite inf and Glider-borne then 3 man squad will do it... could be fun to see raping/harassing allied support weapons.

Combat medics: nah. Ends up if played carefuly and properly you could have zombie squads... especially with KCH and other elite units.... would end up turning gameplay into molasses.

Bayonets: nope. would just turn into who can get their units as close to the enemy as fast as possible.

Blackprince: OH GOD PLEASE YES WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY... would have to move at KT speed or something. otherwise too powerful

Grenade Volley: Escape is Impossible? I would rather take assault cause then I would at least stand chance  Tongue in reality I would just like to see assault changed to a area barrage sort of use.

all in all good stuff like the creativity. Would like to see some more brit units tbh  Wink

So sorry for the epic long post... had a lot of extra time on my hands and I wanted to give some good feedback Cheesy

Again thank you Volsk for all the work and thought power you had to put into this. It is very much appreciated Cheesy

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2011, 07:30:54 am »

Marines are OP because of reward unit, if they were doctrinalised, they would become so weak they wouldnt have the spark they once had and would just become a US bren squad
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2011, 09:12:50 am »

why u produce so much text  Angry

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Contaminator Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2011, 11:16:14 am »

lots of units that require comment.

@demon767 I see what you mean. But some long range rifle squad is not the solution either that was kinda my point
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc