Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:13:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Know your Enemy : A Database of information on various players.  (Read 57835 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 07:02:58 am »

Most vCOH 1vs1 experts are pretty crappy at vehicle micro I find (because in 1vs1 vCOH games generally don't feature vehicles as much as they do in EIR). Their infantry micro on the other hand is usually excellent though.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 07:09:03 am »

For instance - Icelandic - me describing you is not going to happen at this moment in time frankly because we've only played like 2-3 games. It's a bit hard to gauge you from this limited information.

Well we need to play more if that is true.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 07:11:05 am »

and its some kind of a dick move to expose other players companies and playstyle because
thats whats all about in a strategy game, to develop a company and play a strat

if you want to show everyone what you play go for it but everything else should be forbidden
It will help newbs
It will help those on the list to determine how to improve

everyone wins

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 07:20:38 am »

I approve of this.

It should be quite interesting comparing the evaluations of high class players to middle class players especially.

If this is done in enough depth and scope, we may even see the development of skills between players as they advance up the skill ladder.

I look forward to the continuation of this project. *Stamp of approval*

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 07:21:42 am »

Should also mention the faction these players excel at.
(I.e Some players are more notorious for their PE play, others for WM, etc)

I can also imagine the descriptions don't entirely apply cross-factions, some develop entirely different playstyles as a WM player as they do when playing for example US. (Batgirlie comes to mind) So a disclaimer about that is in order, though the descriptions still do provide a good overall view.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 07:26:41 am »

I could do that but I don't want to subconciously limit people to the factions they play. If they read they are good at WM, or that they're good at US, they might decide they'll focus on that one particular faction sherely because somebody else has commended them on their efforts.

Not to mention that what faction they usually use is very common knowledge as is, and doesn't really require spelling out - and hey. You can see the faction they'll be using against you pre-game ;P.

sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 07:30:56 am »

I approve of this. I still think there is limited use as pre-game intel to beat the listed players, but it's a lot more useful for newer players to appreciate and understand that it's not just the company that matters, but the playstyle that goes with it.

Now it tends to be "balanced!" or "light vehicles!" or "elite inf!" or "spam!" or "arty!"

With this you understand there's such a thing as aggressive support weapons, all out mobile attack, defensive flanking etc.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 07:35:09 am »

Just thinking about myself and I couldn't say I could put myself down to any one faction, I've got lvl 9's on all, and i'm sure most of these players do too =p.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 08:55:27 am »

you forget important factors such as teamwork and ventrilo usage.

I do not wish to do this, as this would be a judgment of skill relative not to the players internal skills(which is objective and non-confrontational) but to the player's skill compared to other players(which holds far more subjectivity and can be affected by personal bias a lot easier) which is confrontational and will very likely strike chords that I do not wish to touch.

Basically what I am judging is the measure of preference within the players, not their measure in skill.

You like it, bolt?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2011, 08:56:56 am »

Actually do what u want, might be fun if u can be objective towards me, which I doubt, but we'll see.

Yet again, I will not post anything that is in any way shape or form subjective on the grounds of personal bias. It is going to be somewhat subjective because this is not a mathematical equation (for instance I might get it wrong that a person likes vehicles more than he likes infantry, or that he actually does a lot more innovation than it may seem from my perspective) - but I am not intending to measure anybody's LEVEL of skill or anything else that may be confrontational.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:12:03 am by Mysthalin » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2011, 09:10:22 am »

This is interesting. So you are not rating players (always a good thing), but really just diagnosing their build and how they use it.

I think this could be very educational for new players and players like me that just don't get much time to practice, but could use some pointers.

I think this information could also be tied with future company build templates ( don't get excited folks, this is way off in the future)

Good job Myst.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2011, 09:12:24 am »

Skaffa added. Kudos to David for helping me do the write-up on him.
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2011, 09:16:23 am »

Hmm, I'm taking back my words... good work tho

why is everyone except me retarded?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2011, 09:34:34 am »

Elitegren added, again - kudos to dave for helping with the write-up.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2011, 09:51:17 am »

I don't recognize myself at all. More than anything its that single unit catching someone unprepared, or the gamble on enemies not securing the flank.

And I dont recognize the others. This thread would have zero value for me preparing for a game.

But it's funny to see your personal thoughts. I guess mine would be: "Dirty smoke/vehicle spammers grabbing whatever is annoying to play against" on you and david and incompetent stackers for most of the others except skaffa and keeps, and lets face it keeps has a psychological failure in intense games if it goes against him early game.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2011, 10:01:29 am »

Meh, Its just one guys opinion on someone Smokaz. Most of these probably won't be spot on, because people change how they play because of either skill changes or boredom.
So, Really, its just a way to know what you COULD be up against for the new players in here Smiley

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 10:06:07 am »

I can add your willingness to flank to your description, if you wish Smokaz - though most of the people that have given me feedback have thus far been fairly content with the accuracy of the descriptions(including yours).

This thread is not here to allow you to prepare for specific games in letting you find out, for instance - what FOTM the person is running or what faction he prefers. It allows you to merely get a general feel of what a person plays LIKE. For specific matches - faction, company build, teammates and etc. all have their own effect of a person's performance and what he is weak to, but certain things remain true throughout. These are the things I am aiming to distill in this thread.

And as I said, if you have any serious suggestions on how to change certain descriptions (with reasoning behind) - feel free to post it in this thread, or send me a PM, I'll consider changing it I agree the assessment is more correct.

And yes, as Mittins restates : these are still not free of bias in the sense of how I perceive the information that I have of people. I have merely attempted to make my best effort in removing any bias that could be hurtful.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2011, 10:10:44 am »

One last thing Mys. Is your plan on this to get EVERYONE into this database at some point WAY into the future?
Or is it a case of just taking the Okay players upwards since you shouldn't really need to know about the players that are a little sucky (like me Grin).
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2011, 10:12:12 am »

You like it, bolt?

yeah, but obv i have no weaknesses at all ;/D

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 10:12:47 am »

I'm intending to fill the database as fully as I possibly can, and I will welcome anyone's input if they think they can give an accurate account of somebody while sticking true to the guidelines that I have set for myself in the write-up itself.

If you do wish to do a write-up on someone, feel free to do so and send it as a PM. I'll even give you a mention for it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc