Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 01:35:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke nuken released  (Read 13376 times)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 08:07:36 pm »

I want Duke now.

I want it so bad.

Ohhh Duke. My place, at 8:00?

Also Battlefield 1942 was the best. the rest have all been trash. this includes, BF2, Vietnam, bad company, etc. They are all just rehashes of the same game. The measure is in the Artillery. it's gotten progressively easier to use in everygame.

Even Bad Company 2 where they have destructible buildings it just gets boring so fast.

BF 2 sucked because of Claymores. Bad company 2 sucks because of Super-Iron-Man, weight-lifting-champion Deca-athletes which are the medics. Who manage to carry a Machine gun and the bandages. Which is totally not realistic. seriously both those loads are stupid heavy in real life.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 08:08:50 pm »

I also notice 1 thing, the younger you are the more you like CoD over battlefield games.

And, Project Reality / Forgoten hope 2 Bf2 mods = EPIC WIN CoD defeated!

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 08:12:07 pm »

They are different genres.

and CoD4- Promod. turns that game into epic competitive win.

The total prize pool in winnings for CoD series exceeds whatever the battlefield series has by at least 20 fold.

Call of Duty is just more competitive. battlefield is a casual shooter with some hardcore elements.

I'm not saying Call of duty is competitive right off release(god knows so of those games made my brain bleed with hatred) but CoD games are more easily accepted into the competitive scene(team size goes a long way)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 08:15:54 pm »

I played CodWAW competitively in GC Australian online tourney. Ranked 3rd bitches

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 08:16:58 pm »

That just proves how bad ausies are at videogames.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 08:23:31 pm »

I played CodWAW competitively in GC Australian online tourney. Ranked 3rd bitches

PC or shitconsole?

Also, I couldn't stand playing World at War. it was gimmicky and I didn;t ever bother looking for the Pro scene to remove Kill Streak rewards.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 08:45:23 pm »

Come on, everyone knows console fps gamers are a joke!
I won a couple hundred dollars from BF1 back in the day, the prize pool was greater than the CoD1&2 competitions down here in Australia. Then again, it was 16v16 for BF, so the prizes weren't hard cash, it'd be, for example, a Razor product for everyone + a slab of red bull or something for each member. The only CoD prize I won was in a 5v5 ladder for $120 per member.

TBH you'll never see that kind of teamwork again, 16v16 was epic, we'd use TS in different squad channels, squad leaders would be able to chat to other squad leaders, a commander could speak to everyone and would basically micro manage everyone from the overhead screen and provide smoke screens to whoever needed it etc. BF2 commanders were just regular footmen (probably ammo men) that just dropped artillery now and then. It's disappointing!

I'd never play it now considering the shitness of the community in CoD. If I wanted to have pre-pubescent kids yelling at me i'd go to a primary school wearing a "Justin Bieber SuXlOL!" t-shirt. Not to mention CoD1 had lean (Which apparently isn't balanced in new CoD's.. How can lean not be balanced?!) and epic maps =D.

Nonetheless, now CoD is to FPS' what Starcraft is to RTS'. A generic dumbed down formula that barely changes every time you play it. Hell, they could repackage the same game with different names and people would still buy it.

New BF3 looks jizz. I saw a trailer where a tank shot at a building above a guy, then the debris killed the guy.. soooo good!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:52:14 pm by spinn72 » Logged
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 08:45:30 pm »

I want Duke now.

I want it so bad.

Ohhh Duke. My place, at 8:00?

Also Battlefield 1942 was the best. the rest have all been trash. this includes, BF2, Vietnam, bad company, etc. They are all just rehashes of the same game. The measure is in the Artillery. it's gotten progressively easier to use in everygame.

Even Bad Company 2 where they have destructible buildings it just gets boring so fast.

BF 2 sucked because of Claymores. Bad company 2 sucks because of Super-Iron-Man, weight-lifting-champion Deca-athletes which are the medics. Who manage to carry a Machine gun and the bandages. Which is totally not realistic. seriously both those loads are stupid heavy in real life.

Get it pirated an hour after it is released in the rest of the world so you can play it before it is released in the USA.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 08:47:00 pm »

Come on, everyone knows console fps gamers are a joke!
I won a couple hundred dollars from BF1 back in the day, the prize pool was greater than the CoD1&2 competitions down here in Australia. Then again, it was 16v16 for BF, so the prizes weren't hard cash, it'd be, for example, a Razor product for everyone + a slab of red bull or something for each member. The only CoD prize I won was in a 5v5 ladder for $120 per member.

I'd never play it now considering the shitness of the community in CoD. If I wanted to have pre-pubescent kids yelling at me i'd go to a primary school wearing a "Justin Bieber SuXlOL!" t-shirt. Not to mention CoD1 had lean (Which apparently isn't balanced in new CoD's.. How can lean not be balanced?!) and epic maps =D.

Nonetheless, now CoD is to FPS' what Starcraft is to RTS'. A generic dumbed down formula that barely changes every time you play it. Hell, they could repackage the same game with different names and people would still buy it.

New BF3 looks jizz. I saw a trailer where a tank shot at a building above a guy, then the debris killed the guy.. soooo good!

Don't you dare trashtalk Starcraft! HERESY!
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2011, 08:53:55 pm »

What's fun about an RPS strategy game?! If you know Marine > zergling, it will always be marine > zergling, I believe that's why we're all here, you can't say rifleman > volksgrenadier, because that's just not true. Depends on cover and range!
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2011, 09:04:20 pm »

What's fun about an RPS strategy game?! If you know Marine > zergling, it will always be marine > zergling, I believe that's why we're all here, you can't say rifleman > volksgrenadier, because that's just not true. Depends on cover and range!

lololololol that's not how SC works Tongue

l2p
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2011, 09:07:26 pm »

They have their strategies too that impacts who wins that battle, but the reason I play this is that our stratigies are alot more involved in how you use a unit, not how many can you build.

Micro>>>>>>>>Macro
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2011, 09:17:22 pm »

Well, as you can tell i've never played SC online, and I know there are numerous strategies and it's all micro based.. But what I'm trying to say is without the random aspect, wouldn't gameplay get awfully stale after a short amount of time?!
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2011, 09:24:25 pm »

That just proves how bad ausies are at videogames.

? i dont see your correlation noob.

Brn, PC, with the Promod so there wasnt any gimmicky stuff, just guns with no perks, extremely modifyed. like they had some massive amounts of recoil in the automatic guns when aiming down the sights.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2011, 09:25:06 pm »

Well, as you can tell i've never played SC online, and I know there are numerous strategies and it's all micro based.. But what I'm trying to say is without the random aspect, wouldn't gameplay get awfully stale after a short amount of time?!

Actually the more you play it the more you realise how complex and varied it is. Micro is just as important in SC as macro is.

Sort of like chess, relatively simple rules yet a complex and advanced game.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2011, 09:29:54 pm »

anyone play Empire Earth. that needed a huge amount of Micro,Macro. More so you needed to have the correct Civilisation buffs then Macro then you need micro.

one of the best rpg games ive played to date.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 09:35:36 pm »

anyone play Empire Earth. that needed a huge amount of Micro,Macro. More so you needed to have the correct Civilisation buffs then Macro then you need micro.

Yep I played it, the amount of micro needed in late game with late units is absolutely insane.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2011, 09:43:11 pm »

Battlefield 3 does have some improvements to appeal to pc gamers but it will still maintain some of the crappy console arcade elements that makes BF look like CoD. If it's BF2 with better graphics and destructible environment then it will probably be fun but still not really a pc game. I have higher expectations for Red Orchestra 2.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2011, 09:45:29 pm »

Best part: you can create your own civi to your own liking

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 09:47:15 pm »

i am still unconvinced that SC and for that matter SC2 is any nearer to equal the awesomeness of Empire Earth 1. people still play EE, even when Sierra shutdown the servers, they hosted their own servers.

oh and the best player in EE was ws_ras   he was a fucking machine ... and aussie

even more amusing that i was already named Demon767 in a dead clan. RR (roman rebellion)

but i smurfed into 2 clans, MW (middlewarriors) and DIS (death in smoke) and got there top rankings without them even knowing i was smurfing.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:49:14 pm by Demon767 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc