Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 04:28:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Volksgrenadier, KCH and Faust  (Read 19485 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2011, 08:10:04 am »

Objection overruled by the judge

Judge, the defense has come under the impression that the prosecution may be suffering from dellireum.

We ask to terminate the case.

cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2011, 08:54:05 am »

This is the case of the guy, who doesn't know how to use said units and then claim they are underpowered.

I will compare him to the man who murdered both his parents and asked the court for leniency on the grounds he was an orphan.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2011, 09:01:01 am »

I wil compare him to the man who murdered both his parents and asked the court for leniency on the grounds he was an orphan.
LAWL

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2011, 07:32:57 pm »

My issue is not with the MU cost for the 4 man squad (which I think is right) though maybe a slight decrease in price for the 3-man variant.  Fausts should also NOT be 50 MU for KCH since you have to buy the dang MP44s which gives the squad an innate MU cost (unlike volks which you could spam them for only the faust price).

My problem is that their POOL COST is excessive for 3 men with no real AT ability.  Pool needs to come down to something reasonable like what falls are (I think that's 5-7?) instead of a whooping 9 like a Ranger/Airborne/Commando squad.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2011, 10:57:21 pm »

Judge this man is contradicting himself at every turn! This cannot go on! Before we know it he will be saying that volksgrenadiers are actually BETTER than grenadiers!

Not at all, you have completely misunderstood or haven't read what I said in the first post. Let me take an example. If the PzIV gun's chance to penetrate was reduced to 0% then it would not be able to damage tanks. But it's damage against infantry would still be better than a panther. Meaning that, yes the unit would be better than another unit in one specific area, but that doesn't make the actual unit any better than the panther since it's lacking in so many other areas and would only have that sole use for it's high cost. If this example was true then I doubt that you would like to use PzIVs.

This thread is not so much about the actual volksgrenadiers or knightscross but rather the price of their upgrades, the panzerfaust is not justified to cost 50 munitions, there has to be a better fix. Yet you guys keep focusing on their performance which is not as important, the units perform ok but if you try to build a company with a few upgraded volksgrenadiers and kch then you'll run out of munitions faster than cloud runs out of units in a match. It's so much more cost effective to have gren lmgs. This is shown ingame because so few people actually use faust or 3-man kch even though you may not notice the kch part simply because it's been like that for a long time. Which is why I proposed a SLIGHT decrease in it's cost.

The devs have themselves said that the price decrease was too high and was made ridiculously costsome simply to provide a quick fix. All I propose is that a better fix is made or that a proper solution comes in place. Now that I've clarified there's really no reason for misunderstanding so please refrain from off-topic discussions, namely darksoldier and cloud. Mysthalin your agruments are good but you keep going off-topic. It's like your purposefully trying to  derail the thread simply because you don't like the idea for personal reasons. Why you despise faust so much I will never understand but please stay on-topic.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2011, 02:03:47 am »

This thread is not so much about the actual volksgrenadiers or knightscross but rather the price of their upgrades, the panzerfaust is not justified to cost 50 munitions, there has to be a better fix. Yet you guys keep focusing on their performance which is not as important, the units perform ok but if you try to build a company with a few upgraded volksgrenadiers and kch then you'll run out of munitions faster than cloud runs out of units in a match.

To be fair, you were fixated on the peformance and role of the units at the start. If your intent is to discuss the cost of upgrades, you should start a new thread and state it as such.

The only justification I can find for that... is the argument of "diminishing returns". Rangers get a cheaper "full package" because they take casualties and it loses its effectiveness.

When you buy fausts on KCH, it does not change its role from anti-infantry... while it may be a heroic armour platform, all infantry dies to instacrush anyway.

I would suggest you argue from this position or to bring more points and more replay to support your point.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc