Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 01:21:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.7.9R Patch Notes  (Read 84585 times)
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2011, 11:29:14 am »

Could someone explain the reason of the  ATG price increase to me? How am I expected to pay for AP rounds at all?

Also, was that fixed too? Being able to tie the AP rounds to the gun instead of the crew. Paying 30/40 munitions for AP rounds and losing the crew by one mortar round is a huge gamble.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2011, 11:40:37 am »

ATG spam is reason why...
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2011, 11:47:44 am »

So the cost of Heavy tanks hasnt changed, so to affect how much decked out inf you can bring on the field?
 (Low MU, and descent MP cost on heavies means you can still be inf heavy and armor heavy)
But the cost to take out these heavy tanks with ATG has?
ATGs might have gone up in price but armor/skirts change is also a nerf to handheld AT.
The biggest change is however the price for upgun/skirts. This is a huge buff on medium tanks.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2011, 12:02:22 pm »

ATG change is good, tank changes good. Might actually use medium tanks sometime.

BigDick
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2011, 12:08:14 pm »

The biggest change is however the price for upgun/skirts. This is a huge buff on medium tanks.

really? i did not took skirts in my 5 p4 company and i wont take it now probably (which would mean 1 less p4)

but what really pisses me off is the change to keep it moving.....

why? whyyyyyy?
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2011, 12:19:37 pm »

ye the keep it moving change is bad, dont like it at all
way to fix shit that isnt broken

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2011, 12:22:04 pm »

ye the keep it moving change is bad, dont like it at all
way to fix shit that isnt broken

lol, how is unintended sprinting cloaked stormies/easy sniper escape, not broken?
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2011, 12:34:57 pm »

never seen any topics or complaints about it
it was fine if you ask me, was great for gameplay if you ask me
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2011, 12:43:11 pm »

the pak is more expensive than a 57mm while a 57 is 10x better then a pak anyday (not including doctrine buff)

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2011, 12:45:28 pm »

never seen any topics or complaints about it
it was fine if you ask me, was great for gameplay if you ask me

I think its something that people do not generally notice as units are cloaked. Threads are started because people feel things are OP rather than some honest chap feeling he had an easy win and thinks its too easy to use.

the pak is more expensive than a 57mm while a 57 is 10x better then a pak anyday (not including doctrine buff)

Pak has higher DPS than a 57mm cause of faster ROF. Pak is really the better gun. There were many threads arguing this on GR and EiRR.

I'm in agreement with the rest. ATG price increase is a bad thing considering how vehemently we hunt and kill ATGs currently. The price increase in M10 and M18 is strange as well, considering how easily they get killed by AT.

It could be possible that the trend will move away from using Paks to handheld AT. I for one will do it because I rather dump all those munitions and manpower on a panther which is way better.

Changing sticky grenades against skirts will improve performance of wehr non-heavies significantly in an odd way.

Also I don't think WM Officer should be allowed to pick up weapons. In OMG they were near unkillable and with a LMG42, they can solo squads. You should have just allowed a gun upgrade to MP40. MP44 is nice but might be imba.

This patch is going to make gameplay really really weird.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2011, 12:46:42 pm »

I think its something that people do not generally notice as units are cloaked. Threads are started because people feel things are OP rather than some honest chap feeling he had an easy win and thinks its too easy to use.

Pak has higher DPS than a 57mm cause of faster ROF. Pak is really the better gun. There were many threads arguing this on GR and EiRR.

I'm in agreement with the rest. ATG price increase is a bad thing considering how vehemently we hunt and kill ATGs currently. The price increase in M10 and M18 is strange as well, considering how easily they get killed by AT.

It could be possible that the trend will move away from using Paks to handheld AT. I for one will do it because I rather dump all those munitions and manpower on a panther which is way better.

Changing sticky grenades against skirts will improve performance of wehr non-heavies significantly in an odd way.

Also I don't think WM Officer should be allowed to pick up weapons. In OMG they were near unkillable and with a LMG42, they can solo squads. You should have just allowed a gun upgrade to MP40. MP44 is nice but might be imba.

do you remember they announced they would increase the price because of atg spam getting out of hand, if the one constant tactic is just to destory atgs for heavy tanks, then the gameplay is getting stale and needs to change. It wont encourage weird gameplay, it will just change it up
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2011, 12:53:23 pm »

I think the ATG changes will have minimal impact. Let us examine them. My Infantry Company has 16 BAR Rifles, some stickies, some HMGs, 2 Mortars, a Howi, 5 Hellcats with the .50, an M36 (soon to be removed), some Jeeps, 2 Triages and 4 57mm ATGs. This has been more than enough AT and AI for anything. So with the price changes what happens? Oh, I drop some .50's off my Hellcats, shit, that ruins my day right?

Same for my Axis coy, slight shifting, drop some random upgrades that aren't really needed and done.

In reality, it's a very MINOR change that is made up for by moving Skirts to Fu. On the downside, this just killed 3 Panther Coy if you want skirts.
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2011, 12:54:30 pm »

lol, how is unintended sprinting cloaked stormies/easy sniper escape, not broken?
Im playing blitz and I agree...
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2011, 12:59:56 pm »

My Infantry Company has 16 BAR Rifles...
This is the biggest problem with balance rigth now. 16 squads that beat any axis infantry...
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2011, 01:00:49 pm »

Doesn't feel like a team game tbh.
If you can field 4 offmaps + captain FOO, why would you need one? Every time you'd get flanked you can just drop an offma... oh wait, everyone already does.
trollllllll

truth Sad

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2011, 01:01:24 pm »

This is the biggest problem with balance rigth now. 16 squads that beat any axis infantry...
Sorry, 14 squads with BARs, I squeezed 2 Rangers in.

cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2011, 01:15:15 pm »

do you remember they announced they would increase the price because of atg spam getting out of hand, if the one constant tactic is just to destory atgs for heavy tanks, then the gameplay is getting stale and needs to change. It wont encourage weird gameplay, it will just change it up

Destroying ATGs is a core aspect of gameplay akin to flanking a MG. Not just for heavy tanks but even more light vehicles as well.

I think the ATG changes will have minimal impact. Let us examine them. My Infantry Company has 16 BAR Rifles, some stickies, some HMGs, 2 Mortars, a Howi, 5 Hellcats with the .50, an M36 (soon to be removed), some Jeeps, 2 Triages and 4 57mm ATGs. This has been more than enough AT and AI for anything. So with the price changes what happens? Oh, I drop some .50's off my Hellcats, shit, that ruins my day right?

Same for my Axis coy, slight shifting, drop some random upgrades that aren't really needed and done.

In reality, it's a very MINOR change that is made up for by moving Skirts to Fu. On the downside, this just killed 3 Panther Coy if you want skirts.

I'm not too sure. I'm going to try running a tank only company with hand held AT to see if you're better off not using ATGs at all.

On further thought, I think it might just encourage super heavy usage even more because they can kill ATGs better, their counters have increased in cost (M10s, ATGs) and they have been unchanged. I think instead of skirts being "FU", repairs should be "FU" instead.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2011, 01:18:32 pm »

atg prices go up, but more use of medium tanks hopefully, but also tank destroyer price goes up too... which kind of contradicts the atg pricing. if my atgs go up in price AND my TD go up in price i get right fucked.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2011, 02:34:54 pm »

atg prices go up, but more use of medium tanks hopefully, but also tank destroyer price goes up too... which kind of contradicts the atg pricing. if my atgs go up in price AND my TD go up in price i get right fucked.

+1

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2011, 02:37:16 pm »

Except that the TD price increase was largely marginal. And both becoming more expensive creates a more survivable environment for medium tanks.

Also, heavy tank repairs were intended to go up a little this patch as well, I forgot that so far Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc