Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 11, 2024, 02:27:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Universal Human Rights  (Read 12390 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 11:08:48 pm »

Let me just correct you on a couple of things.

1. Those 'high and mighty' people who wrote that were being persucted across the land by a King who happened to be 'legally' gods represntative on earth. They were privelaged for the time, true in the terms that there families could afford to give them education. Or the ones that the declaration was based on, The French Revolution i mean those people must have been really high on there horses after watching Napoleon the artillery officer unleash grapeshot on very large group of civilian protesters then get rewarded by yet another king. But hey, fuck voting, lets just abandon this foolish idea and let someone like Pinochet be incharge.

2. Why shouldn't liberty be a right, whats wrong with taking a stance against slavery? In the event of 2 men adrift at sea, both of them are probably going to die, so your point isn't only moot, its not much of one. I really think you should learn the deffinition of Unalienable. Pretty much it states that i have no right to take your life or freedoms and end it, or give it to someone else (slavery), or for whatever means stand in your path and prevent you from living.

3. Security of Person, why shouldn't you go there, i mean you clearly have no respect for the quality of life that you are living.

If you really want to keep defending your position, go do some gold mining in south america, if you ever make it back and STILL think this way then good for you.

Right to Life: The basis for law making unsanctioned killing illegal. More of a privilege.

Security of Person: This is your own responsibility. No body elses. Either enforce it for yourself or it doesn't exist.

Liberty: This is not a "right", it is earned, usually by the blood and sweat of people that are willing to stand up and do something, not by people who insist that they should be free because it is written on a piece of paper.

Again, your "rights" exist only as far as you are personally willing to defend them, otherwise they are privileges allowed to you by others. Privileges can be taken away.

You can argue about ideals all day, in the end they are meaningless. The only thing that matters is what you are willing to do for yourself, and what others are willing to do to you.

Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2011, 12:37:32 am »

i still think there are some universal rights and wrongs out there though.

This could be fun.

What exactly is a universal truth?

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011, 10:18:54 am »

This is why we can't have nice things.
Logical Discussion
200,000/250,000 bc - August 6, 1991
May it suffer no more.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2011, 01:07:59 pm »

What exactly is a universal truth?

Nothing, as there is no universe, only my mind. You are all really just a part of me, there is nothing but me.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2011, 01:09:51 pm »

Yes, sparta is right
only i have the real consciousness of a human being and you are all just a part of my imagination  Wink
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:11:58 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2011, 01:37:42 pm »

Yes, sparta is right
only i have the real consciousness of a human being and you are all just a part of my imagination  Wink

explains all the retards and assholes out there in the world then
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2011, 01:42:47 pm »

Yea i made everyone into a copy of me.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2011, 08:14:38 pm »

Nothing, as there is no universe, only my mind. You are all really just a part of me, there is nothing but me.

I <3 solipsism.

Drove all of my english teachers crazy.

But they don't exist.

So who cares.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2011, 08:18:32 pm »

Schmidt, you may be better at CoH then I am, but at least I can brag about a 98.9 average.

A: best letter ever.

L2homework.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2011, 08:20:11 pm »

Schmidt, you may be better at CoH then I am, but at least I can brag about a 98.9 average.

A: best letter ever.

L2homework.

Anyone who thinks grades are an accurate indicator of intelligence learned nothing in school.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2011, 08:27:22 pm »

^

Bad grades!

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2011, 08:29:04 pm »

No, I learned to game the system as much as anyone. I was quite high in my class.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2011, 05:39:12 am »

Anyone who thinks grades are an accurate indicator of intelligence learned nothing in school.

This is true, but then again, grades are not supposed to be interpreted as an indicator of your intelligence in the first place. They're only an indicator of how well you can study and work for something.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2011, 08:17:17 am »

This is true, but then again, grades are not supposed to be interpreted as an indicator of your intelligence in the first place. They're only an indicator of how well you can study and work for something.

Exactly.  Cool
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2011, 08:28:22 am »

Grades are an indicator of nothing but how well you can relay the information required of you on the test at the given period of time. It is not a good measure of intelligence, it is not a good measure of understanding and it is not even a good measure of knowledge - because the majority of people forget everything they've needed to know for a test within a fortnight (and lets of course not forget the wide-spread use of crib-notes).

Extended essay grades can be perceived as something that's testament to your actual ability to dedicate yourself and work for something... yet you're not exactly going to right a 5 page epic on 2+2, are you(unless you're me)?

Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2011, 10:13:55 am »

Actually, they're really only a good indicator of your ability to make good grades, but even that is context dependent.

Exactly.  Cool

As is developing skill in a game.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:15:36 am by Masacree » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc