Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:25:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prison, health care, society  (Read 32517 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 10:57:42 am »

I think we need harsher deterrents on crime.

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 10:58:08 am »

Prisons are FLAWED. Unless you got something to begin with, they do fuck all to improve you.

I concur.

40 whips for stealing something and no prison.

death for killing.

who needs prison ?

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2011, 11:01:15 am »

Sharia law tbh
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 11:05:05 am »

Yeah Sharia law.

A man touches another mans wife.

He says she touched her.

She gets whipped/executed.

Allah snackbar!

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2011, 11:07:29 am »

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 11:19:07 am »

I think you'll suffer more spending 60 years in jail than you will getting executed in 1 - 2 years after your crime. But it's a matter of perception I guess.

I agree you will suffer more, but at what expense to the rest of the community. On average, it costs 36,000.00 per year to keep a prisoner in Canada.

For repeat offenders of serious crimes (murder) or mass murderers  I think it is silly to keep them alive. For example - Clifford Olson murdered 11 people.

Not only does it cost us 36K per year to keep him, he is also receiving two government pensions totaling another 14K per year.

That income per year could support a mother and child very easily that would contribute more to society than Olson ever did.

I do not look at the death penalty just as a punishment. I look at what sacrifices the rest of the population has to make for the alternatives.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2011, 11:24:57 am »

CA$50k a year total? That's £25k a year.

You can support 4 students at university with that kind of money, easily.

lol.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2011, 11:37:32 am »

You know what's funny though? US prisoners enjoy better healthcare than 15% of the american population (who don't have any health care), LOL.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2011, 11:41:22 am »

You know what's funny though? US prisoners enjoy better healthcare than 15% of the american population (who don't have any health care), LOL.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:49:34 am by WildZontar » Logged

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2011, 11:41:39 am »

Hmmm I guess we should execute more right? Except no expensive injections just a cheap bullet.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2011, 11:42:47 am »

Don't they kinda deserve better healthcare considering they put their lifes on the line for their country?

Did you read soldiers instead of prisoners?
lol
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2011, 11:49:51 am »

Did you read soldiers instead of prisoners?
lol

No, I didn't read anything, I'm leaving this thread now >_>
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2011, 11:53:40 am »

Hmmm I guess we should execute more right? Except no expensive injections just a cheap bullet.

No you should, you know, actually provide your general population with health care before you start giving it to your prisoners. The US actually spends more on health care than the average european country YET somehow they don't manage to cover all their citizens with it, it's ridiculous. You claim the norwegian system is 'heaven', well I think for a lot of those US citizens prison is probably better than living on the street just as well.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2011, 11:55:33 am »

Only because they CHOOSE not to get it. There is free health care available, and insurance is not that expensive. I carry it for myself and my daughter.

The problem is, people would rather have cable TV/internet and a big screen than pay for health insurance.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2011, 11:56:55 am »

Really?
wow, that is stupid tbh.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2011, 12:00:06 pm »

Yea, most people think that the US doesn't provide any free care, but they do, if you have a low income. Health insurance through your work isn't hard to get, or terribly expensive. I made a sacrifice and get mine through the US Army for myself and my daughter.

If you drive through a shitty part of town, here is what you will see. People sitting out front drinking, with a big screen TV and name brand clothing...at 10am. Because they have no job, live off the system, and have no reason to improve their situation.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2011, 12:02:10 pm »

Sounds like iceland currently tbh, people that took retarded loans before the crash and dont return shit and now live off benefits.
want to punch most of those assholes in the face
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2011, 12:03:52 pm »

Tbh I just feel like punching anyone in America that complains about being "poor".

When you have an xbox360, a PS3, drink beer and smoke pot all day long, on top of being dressed in decent clothes while UNEMPLOYED is NOT poor.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2011, 12:05:09 pm »

No you should, you know, actually provide your general population with health care before you start giving it to your prisoners. The US actually spends more on health care than the average european country YET somehow they don't manage to cover all their citizens with it, it's ridiculous. You claim the norwegian system is 'heaven', well I think for a lot of those US citizens prison is probably better than living on the street just as well.

Watch trailer park boys, at first look it looks just plain stupid, then you realize its satirical. almost at the end of every season the main charachters end up in jail, where they end up making enough money to live for like a year out of jail, one of them finishes highschool in there and they get to hang out with all there friends and watch tv with more channels then they have at home.

Only because they CHOOSE not to get it. There is free health care available, and insurance is not that expensive. I carry it for myself and my daughter.

The problem is, people would rather have cable TV/internet and a big screen than pay for health insurance.

Or they realize that when the health insurance is needed for anything other then the common cold, it seems not to matter what you have and you still almost lose the house.

If american health care was even half decent we wouldnt have to deal with so many trying to sneak over the border trying to get the good health care.

Mexicans just try to get jobs and earn a good life.

Americans just try to freeload free health care.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2011, 12:06:21 pm »

Sounds like iceland currently tbh, people that took retarded loans before the crash and dont return shit and now live off benefits.
want to punch most of those assholes in the face

Once people no longer care about their effect on society, social welfare benefits become a bad thing to have. That is part of our current problem, that and our prison system takes too good of care of prisoners. TBH, if you commit a major crime, you should live in a camp in the desert with the bare minimum. Other prisons should require labor of some kind to support the prison population, farming, assembly, whatever. Right now, they are just parasites on society.

Icelandic: I pay $20 for any doctors visit I want, prescriptions are completely covered, my deductible is $150, my inpatient care is $18 fucking dollars a day. I will never go into debt because of a medical issue for myself or my daughter. It's a nothing cost if there is an emergency.

People cross the border because they don't want to pay for insurance here.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:10:00 pm by AmPM » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc