Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:11:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger range  (Read 30907 times)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2011, 02:49:10 am »

I am not trolling

I showed support, you then proceeded to insult me, while i highlighted that i was only showing support to a legitimate comment from a well respected community member. You then proceeded to call me a troll. I guess when you are losing, everyone is a troll to you. maybe you should read the wiki

Quote from: wikipedia
or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

You trolled your own thread by attempting to be a smart ass towards me

Quote from: wikipdea
a troll is someone who posts inflammatory...with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response

good job.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2011, 02:58:43 am »

m10 is fantastic against infantry,lone shrek squad,dead!
whole bunch of troops with no at support,dead!

It's rly not that hard to have 10+inf kills on m10...and you can have 5-6 of them easily  Grin

I wont comment on tiger with panzer aces,I have used him before,and was quite satisfied with him,but withouth aces,he is shit,and dont tel me he is not,because when I switched him for panther,panther performed 2x better  Roll Eyes and rly,panther isnt SO BAD against infantry.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2011, 03:07:59 am »

I showed support, you then proceeded to insult me,
troll an insult? rofl

while i highlighted that i was only showing support to a legitimate comment from a well respected community member. You then proceeded to call me a troll. I guess when you are losing, everyone is a troll to you. maybe you should read the wiki

Making a +1 answer to a smart ass comment about being banned for making a balance thread is not a legitimate comment.(for which was i not banned, because no one gets banned for making balance discussion)

You are constantly further trolling and derailing this thread, mods i hope you will take according actions.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:11:02 am by nugnugx » Logged

marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2011, 03:13:08 am »

wow is this still discussed?  Shocked anyways

thats actually totally wrong...

1. i never got skirts on a panther because it was a waste of munitions...ok it made it perform 10% worse

2. i got tigers exactly because they are the superior tanks almost same pop and resource wise while much superior in AI and superior in AT
especially when fighting armor the panther gets raped by a pershing while doing totally shit vs inf and is not much less in resources
if you are not fighting churchil companies without a firefly the panther is a complete crap and shit tank

and don't come me with sight e.g. bike and range advantage....thats just theory where you can throw in counter arguments like support the pershing with jeep and block panther = gg range advantage

thats actually unfortunately wrong...the M10 is in rights hands fantastic AI but thats more a thing that is imbalanced on m10 and makes it so superior to some other stuff you can get and not justification to argue about tiger range

using storms against ATGs that are still in an intact defense line is actually a very very bad idea....but so is the sniper tiger start when your team is not prepared for that

So what support tiger with, when is almost everything according you bad idea?
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2011, 03:33:33 am »

troll = demeaning my character = insult.

You were banned (obviously one that had a timeframe) so technically you got banned. Now you start up again. its pathetic that you do this all over again.

Did you want me to +1 everyone elses post that clearly blows your argument out of the water, or should i just leave it at mysts comment that sums of what everyone else was thinking.

Next.

I dont think you need to worry about any derailing in this thread (even if you think my +1 was a derailment lolol) because this so called balance had no grounding the second you posted it on the furoms.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:38:48 am by Demon767 » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2011, 03:37:35 am »

troll = demeaning my character = insult.

Everyone who is on this forum long enough knows your forum past and that you are one of the top EIR trolls. Anyone can lookup your previous posts. If anyone is demeaning you , it's you buy your posts.

You were banned (obviously one that had a timeframe) so technically you got banned.
This sentence doesn't even make sense.

Now you start up again. its pathetic that you do this all over again.

Technicaly it's Mysthalin who started the bait and you jumped on the band wagon.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2011, 03:40:05 am »

I must be one of the best damn trolls on the internetz if people actually think i troll.

I also know the rules of the balance furom, you shouting troll doesnt make me a troll unfortunately.

my past mishaps in balance furoms have always been me posting a image, that is all.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:42:28 am by Demon767 » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2011, 03:44:15 am »

From the policy

4. Flamebaits

The n°1 problem in the Balance Forums right now, is going to be adressed with zero toleration. Posts need to be crystal clear and don't throw any hidden flame against anyone, flamebaits can be used on so many ways that it just not possible to "enumerate" what you shouldn't do or how to recognize them. It will be up to me and Global Moderators to deal with them, what I'm sure is that when an user is smart enough to build a flamebait, such user also knows perfectly he's doing it to get a negative response from the targeted user/group, and he will be punished for doing so. This kind of behaviour created the need to find a "workaround", called the Advisors Forum until order is established here again, and believe me when I say we "will".

Wasn't nugnug banned from making balance threads?

FOR THIS PRECISE FUCKING REASON.

+1

This clearly goes under EIR rule n.4
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:46:30 am by nugnugx » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2011, 03:48:37 am »

Wasn't nugnug banned from making balance threads?

FOR THIS PRECISE FUCKING REASON.

Take a close look at this.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2011, 03:53:40 am »

Take a close look at this.

Post implies that i got banned for making a 'bad balance thread' OR for discussing balance according to viewpoint of Mysthalin.

First of all ANYONE can make a balance discussion if he feels something is not right and that is not a bannable offense no matter how someone else might think that the balance might be 'stupid'. This is what for the balance forum is, to eventualy DISCUSS the balance change. Even though no one agrees with me it DOES NOT mean that the balance change is not correct.

Example: go back and see the 88 barrage range thread, no one agreed with me,  but in next patch the  range was buffed to 150 what i proposed.

2nd of all, i was banned for flaming.

3rd of all no one has right to come into a balance thread and starting baiting others because he thinks this is a bad balance decision or because others are discussing specific thing.

So far EIR rules nr  1 3  4 5  have been breached in this thread.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:55:16 am by nugnugx » Logged
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2011, 04:41:48 am »

You guys seriously Need to get laid!

~Nijo~
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2011, 04:57:38 am »

Should Tiger range be increased to 45 like King Tiger ?

King Tiger and Tiger aren't the same, Tiger doesn't need to have same range as KT. M10s 45 range isn't a huge deal against Tiger due to people knowing how to position there m10 at 45 range. While at the same time, I really don't see how this minor buff could be useful in anyways besides hitting stuff slightly longer. If this is more about the complaint on the Tiger losing to AT Paper Tanks, then why on earth isn't someone supporting it? Clearly a heavy tank on it's own against the Allies is about as devastating as a volksgrenadiers.

I'm still confused Nug, why EXACTLY, do you want the range increase?

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2011, 05:08:13 am »

I'm still confused Nug, why EXACTLY, do you want the range increase?

With tiger you get pot shotted by other long range tanks (m10s fireflies) a few times and you are left with half hp and repairing takes long time.
Because it does not have speed nor the armor to defend itself. KT atleast has HP and armor so it can soak up alot and with 45 it can fire back.Even the upgun sherman has no prob penetrating Tiger.
A tank that does not have speed should atleast have range, and i'm not talking about sniping on half map.
It's a t3 heavy tank, one doctrine, but it gets equaled by non tier medium tanks which are 2 times cheaper.

Pershing does not have that problem, it is faster and axis don't have turreted 7 speed tanks with 45 or 50 range tanks.(panther comes close but it is much slower so you cannot circle a pershing with it)
Hetzers and marders which have longer range can be even circled by pershing.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:15:20 am by nugnugx » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2011, 05:30:25 am »

With tiger you get pot shotted by other long range tanks (m10s fireflies) a few times and you are left with half hp and repairing takes long time.

Working as intended.

Even the upgun sherman has no prob penetrating Tiger.

Lies.

A tank that does not have speed should atleast have range

It has 4 speed. Not enough to chase down tanks - but it's not MEANT to. It's a HEAVY assault tank that's meant to be used with support. You don't want your tigers to get raped by M10s? Get a single pak in support. The Tiger is not MEANT to fight M10s.

It's a t3 heavy tank, one doctrine, but it gets equaled by non tier medium tanks which are 2 times cheaper.
Being T3 and one doctrine is irrelevant to battlefield performance.
It does NOT get equaled by shermans and cromwells.

Hetzers and marders which have longer range can be even circled by pershing.

Marders are ridiculously cheap and have tremendous DPS vs pershings. They're meant to have some weakness.

Hetzers have tremendous armour and they snipe infantry like no tomorrow. With proper usage they will also not get circled by pershings.

In short nug, your thread is stupid. Make a proper case for your argument before you post it.

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2011, 05:54:27 am »

Lies.

Not lies,  i will tell you even more. I fought upgunned sherman and both managed to pull 2 shots ,  2 sherman penetrated while 1 tiger bounced, everyone in the game lolled.

It has 4 speed. Not enough to chase down tanks - but it's not MEANT to.
Nor it cannot escape them, because when you go back they pot shot you.

It's a HEAVY assault tank that's meant to be used with support.
It's easier to support a medium tank than heavy which takes more pop.

Being T3 and one doctrine is irrelevant to battlefield performance.
Ok so it can be a t1 if it is irrelevant.

It does NOT get equaled by shermans and cromwells.

Those not but i was not talking about them.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2011, 05:59:56 am »

Not lies,  i will tell you even more. I fought upgunned sherman and both managed to pull 2 shots ,  2 sherman penetrated while 1 tiger bounced, everyone in the game lolled.

I was in this one game where I used a bike to run up and kill a sherman from behind. Everyone in the game lolled.

Nor it cannot escape them, because when you go back they pot shot you.
Why is your tiger alone? The M10 is clearly not alone, because it has something scouting for it.

Ok so it can be a t1 if it is irrelevant.
Bottom Tiers are only there to affect the rarity of units. Not their strength. Since we want tigers to be relatively rare, it'll stay a T3.

Those not but i was not talking about them.

There are no other non-doctrinal medium tanks in the allied arsenal.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2011, 06:18:00 am »

Bottom Tiers are only there to affect the rarity of units. Not their strength. Since we want tigers to be relatively rare, it'll stay a T3.

person who wants Tiger will take him no matter is he T3 or T1,one who doesnt want him won't take him no matter is he T1...so it doesnt affect rarity of unit rly.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2011, 06:58:15 am »

person who wants Tiger will take him no matter is he T3 or T1,one who doesnt want him won't take him no matter is he T1...so it doesnt affect rarity of unit rly.

Or, if he is not centering his build around the tiger - it will determine the difference between the person taking panthers with his volks assault spam (plus Blitzkrieg and dual repairs) and taking tigers with the same thing (but giving up Blitz or double reps).
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2011, 06:59:35 am »

Working as intended.

Firefly still would outrange it with 55 range,  but it's just silly that m10 and m18 outrange tiger.
When a tank that costs 3 times less , you can buy as much as you want of them and can hit tiger constantly without taking a hit it's not working as intended.
With the accel and speed i can put a lockdown on any Tiger with m10 in that 5 range and be hitting him constantly.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2011, 07:39:48 am »

Or, if he is not centering his build around the tiger - it will determine the difference between the person taking panthers with his volks assault spam (plus Blitzkrieg and dual repairs) and taking tigers with the same thing (but giving up Blitz or double reps).

I had Tigers with my assualt spam,they sucked ,switched to Panthers and was suprised how better they fared than tiger,and even if Tiger was T1,I still wouldnt take him in that buidlt.

Tiger is more Ai than AT,and with assualt spam,you rly dont need more AI,you need AT,so why take tiger then?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc