Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 04:23:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick of the state of EIR  (Read 48639 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2011, 10:59:23 am »

salan was good at keeping us updated about what was going on with the little videos and stuff, he wasn't so secretive

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2011, 11:02:37 am »

he wasn't so secretive

I might say you were pretty -open- yourself  last night   Kiss

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2011, 11:04:12 am »

in my fernet induced sleep I dreamt that a heroine addict stabbed me with a needle
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2011, 04:12:19 pm »

salan was good at keeping us updated about what was going on with the little videos and stuff, he wasn't so secretive

Who's being secretive?

We are working on completing doctrines. Eirrmod is working on the Warmap. The coders are coding, the BT is balancing.

There is no secret, we are just working on getting shit done.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2011, 06:22:43 pm »

Except we have no information about progress.

Salan and even gamesguy would post xfire videos of their recent delves into the RGD progress.

"Today I coded the part of the warmap which assigns players to a random team for automatch"

"Here's a video of the new Airborne T4 in action, 'Total Mindfuck'."

Perhaps secretive isn't the word.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2011, 07:12:05 pm »

I guess they could do that, but I would prefer they spend the very little time they have doing the actual work rather than making little vids about it.

Here's an update:

We have two RGD coders. One is very experienced and one is inexperienced.

The inexperienced coder has done everything he is capable of doing with his level of RGD knowledge. He is now trying to experiment with some more challenging stuff.
The more experienced coder said he could get all of the doctrines completed before the last patch. As you know, he did not. When it was pointed out that he did not do it, his response was, "I said I could, not I would".

We have one scar coder who is also doing the Warmap. Because he is human, he can only code one thing at a time. That means any scar coding for the doctrines must wait for the warmap work OR, the Warmap must wait for the doctrine scar work. There's no point making the doctrine scar work a priority if our experienced RGD coder has other things he would rather be doing.

The balance team is working on balance stuff, but most of them are dragging their asses as well, so not much is getting done in that department. Everyone is always so eager to join the team, but then they find out they actually have to do some work and be online everyday, so they loose interest. The balance lead is busting his ass trying to get them motivated, but that's what you get with volunteers.

Despite the dog fucking and absenteeism, we are still punching out two patches a month.

So we would love to maybe create some vids for you, but until someone actually codes the shit, the vid is going to be useless.

In the not so distant future, our system for keeping track of changes and "To Do" items will be accessible to the community. (view only  Wink). Love to give that to you now, but the dude creating the Warmap and doing the Doctrine coding is the only dude who can make that happen.

There's your update  Grin
roflmao Offline
Professional Buttkicker.

« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2011, 08:30:42 pm »

Just for the record:
All the dog shagging was performed on German Shepards, so we didn't break any social norms.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2011, 09:16:38 pm »

Just for the record:
All the dog shagging was performed on German Shepards, so we didn't break any social norms.

Roflmao, are the achievements working yet? :3

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2011, 10:07:09 pm »

I guess they could do that, but I would prefer they spend the very little time they have doing the actual work rather than making little vids about it.

Here's an update:

We have two RGD coders. One is very experienced and one is inexperienced.

The inexperienced coder has done everything he is capable of doing with his level of RGD knowledge. He is now trying to experiment with some more challenging stuff.
The more experienced coder said he could get all of the doctrines completed before the last patch. As you know, he did not. When it was pointed out that he did not do it, his response was, "I said I could, not I would".

We have one scar coder who is also doing the Warmap. Because he is human, he can only code one thing at a time. That means any scar coding for the doctrines must wait for the warmap work OR, the Warmap must wait for the doctrine scar work. There's no point making the doctrine scar work a priority if our experienced RGD coder has other things he would rather be doing.

The balance team is working on balance stuff, but most of them are dragging their asses as well, so not much is getting done in that department. Everyone is always so eager to join the team, but then they find out they actually have to do some work and be online everyday, so they loose interest. The balance lead is busting his ass trying to get them motivated, but that's what you get with volunteers.

Despite the dog fucking and absenteeism, we are still punching out two patches a month.

So we would love to maybe create some vids for you, but until someone actually codes the shit, the vid is going to be useless.

In the not so distant future, our system for keeping track of changes and "To Do" items will be accessible to the community. (view only  Wink). Love to give that to you now, but the dude creating the Warmap and doing the Doctrine coding is the only dude who can make that happen.

There's your update  Grin

Perfect update tbh, this is exactly what I want to hear every month Smiley

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2011, 10:26:11 pm »

Except we have no information about progress.

Salan and even gamesguy would post xfire videos of their recent delves into the RGD progress.

"Today I coded the part of the warmap which assigns players to a random team for automatch"

"Here's a video of the new Airborne T4 in action, 'Total Mindfuck'."

Perhaps secretive isn't the word.
That will be changing on the 25th, where I previously stated people will get access to view our progress tracking system.

It wont show our discussions on things, but it should give an idea of direction and what to expect for future patches etc.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2011, 10:29:00 pm »

Perfect update tbh, this is exactly what I want to hear every month Smiley
I guess we could do that, with our patch - as in a "we're working on this this and this for next patch, something got delayed, and many dogs were shagged".

Up to the PR man I guess =)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2011, 10:35:23 pm »

EIRRMod, check your PMs damnit!

MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2011, 12:02:01 pm »

13 axis...3 allies who are all afk?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2011, 02:45:37 pm »

Denying that there's always a shortage of allied companies compared to axis ones shows lack of integrity. If you're willing to bend the truth of such a reocurring situation, what else are you willing to bs about
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2011, 07:05:36 pm »

Denying that there's always a shortage of allied companies compared to axis ones shows lack of integrity. If you're willing to bend the truth of such a reocurring situation, what else are you willing to bs about

HuH?

Are you directing this at me or Morka?
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2011, 11:56:44 pm »

You tank...you
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2011, 12:39:09 am »

There is a lower number of allies vs axis.  Significant to impact games?  Well it has been, so yes.  Significant ENOUGH, thats what I think we are disagreeing with.

Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2011, 12:44:11 am »

But, whats being argued as problematic here is that you want to introduce a mechanic which will promote sticking to one side over switching. Smiley Through benefits for doing so.

So whatever significance it does have, will as it is understood by this new mechanic, increase.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2011, 12:57:54 am »

But, whats being argued as problematic here is that you want to introduce a mechanic which will promote sticking to one side over switching. Smiley Through benefits for doing so.

So whatever significance it does have, will as it is understood by this new mechanic, increase.
The benefits for playing the lower pop faction will need to balance this then.

*shrug*
BigDick
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2011, 03:08:12 am »

which benefits? making one side op because most people don't like it?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc