Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 02:23:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bored and tired of it...  (Read 11413 times)
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 04, 2011, 03:23:21 am »

OK, so I would love to know in all honesty when there will be any implementation of the doctrines or warmap or anything so-called "game changing" for this mod.  Im just curious and don't really care either way, but I just want to know so I don't sit on this fucking forum jackin it, waiting for some idiots response to a fail post, as if it might lead to any further knowledge of the inner workings to EIR:R.  

I want to be able to come back to this mod when it is all done (i know certain things require updates all the time and so forth...) but what I mean when everything is really set in stone.  I mean you guys are kinda killing it for time here, soon COH is not going to be as popular as it once was (I might be wrong look at SC) and EIR will fall with it?  So the best thing we can hope for is that the big patches and decisions will be done relatively soon.

As it now stands, everything is stagnet, from the Mod as a whole to the tiniest change of company make up, to the dumb as a fucking door knob ally who ruins games.  

All in all I would love to know what in fact the timeline is set up for and if anything will be done.  Dont say Soon please?

Morka

P.S. I know there is a ton of shit to do still, but anything helps.  I dont care if its from a year from this point, i need to know...

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 03:29:31 am »

I don't quite understand what you just said to be honest. But CoH is not going to be going out of style anytime soon, sure SC may be a fun and RTS style game, but it really doesn't have that combat/strategical battles that happen in CoH which seem to attract some of the RTS fanbase.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 03:30:28 am »

Your not on my level.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 03:30:59 am »

Well, with updates happening 2x a month, and people already able to see that we're in alpha for the warmap through stoopy screenshots, soon is not longer soon(tm).

Next patch for example will remove oversupply and add weapons cache - thats not so big.

The 25th however.  Well.  It'll be bigger Wink

I'm also going to reveal our tracking / development webpage at that date - and then EVERYONE can see where we're at, and what could be coming in the future.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 03:31:49 am »

EiRRMOD, when will you fix the achievements so I can get my dollar sign achievement Tongue
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 03:32:36 am »

EiRRMOD, when will you fix the achievements so I can get my dollar sign achievement Tongue
Not my puppy tbh - talk to roflmao - probably via a PM would work best.

Nice De-rail ;p
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 03:32:49 am »

bro dude, bro... don't leave me

why is everyone except me retarded?
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 03:45:14 am »

Sorry Rahx, its just a bummer now.  I can see why deadbolt only trolls his way through the EIR landscape like a  fatman through a cakestore (not bakery...cakestore).   Theres nothing really fun to do and once someone comes up with something cool every one copies it.   I dont know really, im just sad of playing the same game over and over again when i keep thinking there is something more you know?
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 03:48:56 am »

Instead of qqing like a damn fat girl on a period , just play and enjoy the game.
I have 4-5 different company builds which i'm trying out and don't feel bored. It's just you probably.

Yea i probably would be bored if i'd only play stacked games vs noobs.

MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 03:51:32 am »

QQing is exactly what im talking about. Stop talking like such a goddamned retard.

I play this game as much as any of you fools, and I enjoy it for the most part, Im just sad when shit gets ruined by idiots all around me.  It seems like Eir is the breeding ground for it.  I love this mod to its core, dont get me wrong but sometimes it makes me want to rage quit.  Im sure some of you can attest to that when im screaming through vent on wtf is going on with the other team and how bad your doing.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 04:03:24 am »

And btw Eirrmod, i know your doing your best and thats great.  Anyways thanks for everything.  Its hard for me to want to put money in this mod when it seems as if none of the things i had ever wanted in the 1st place had ever even gotten touched or looked at (im sure they had been in the past or currently), but still just a little dissatisfying to never have a set date you know?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 04:42:08 am »

What are the stuff you 'want' that you are talking about?
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 04:45:28 am »

I already sent pm out and said various things here.
SophiaT1991 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 06:01:02 am »

Do you think this mod will be complete before CoH2 is released sometime late next year?
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 06:02:58 am »

lol coh2 ,  99% chance next relic game is not coh. Even if it will be coh , it will dumbed down stuff like new dawn of wars.

Homeworld 2 servers are still alive by relic and this game is like 10 years now? There are like 2-3 people online at good hours,    while coh at worst hours has like 3000 people. COH still have a long lifetime.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:05:29 am by nugnugx » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 06:05:33 am »

They're making Dawn of War 3

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 06:08:54 am »

Actualy its good for us that there will be no coh 2.  Mod can get polished,  COH still looks good and has low sys requirements by today standars  and costs darn cheap. If EIRR will get good ad with warmap we can get a lot more new folks to stomp , not only from vcoh  but from other people who like this kind of board-games.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:12:58 am by nugnugx » Logged
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 06:12:28 am »

Do you think this mod will be complete before CoH2 is released sometime late next year?

Probably not, but if so, it takes almost no effort to adapt the launcher to run off it. Just gotta mainly see if the battle reporting system still works and if CoH2 will take scar coding for timers and junk. It would be work, but its not like it cant be done.

Anywho, Morka, you just gotta chillax and play for the fun of it.

You know we cant set dates for stuff. We never can keep them. Its not that we dont want to but because we all have jobs and RL shit. lol

In order to keep myself interested in the mod, I started doing content work, now look where I am. Just do something, anything, to keep you away from dwelling on those games where you wanna bash your keyboard in.

I always see you guys trying to run these little "community events" that never take off but no one ever has the drive to complete them. These are the things that keep you from getting bored of the mod, community involvement, not just sitting on the fourms, or playing games by yourself.

Tbh, I would love to see a monthly EIRR podcast. Shoot the shit with the devs, talk about the latest bullshit strats, if your lucky, I may leak patch notes, talk about reward units, etc. etc.

Just dont dwell on it. Find stuff to do. Tongue

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 06:19:25 am »

Warhammer universe has more nerd fanboys who drool over DoW 2 than  player ratio of COH waiting for coh 2.

The are bigger money on DoW 3 to be made  Tongue

Sadly COH 2 might never come , just like todays fpses are all in modern times and not ww2 because that makes more money.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:21:09 am by nugnugx » Logged
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 06:24:05 am »

Warhammer universe has more nerd fanboys who drool over DoW 2 than  player ratio of COH waiting for coh 2.

The are bigger money on DoW 3 to be made  Tongue

Sadly COH 2 might never come , just like todays fpses are all in modern times and not ww2 because that makes more money.

Its ok. We actually now have the capability of improving our own mod with the time limit.

We still have Warmap expansion to do, as well as additional player content like adding the Russians or a 3rd german army, or even different theaters of the war if we want to take it that far.

Just pie in the sky stuff, but we have a long life ahead of us.

If you wanna make it go faster, best way to do that is to learn a skill the mod needs and offer your serivces. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc