Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 04:26:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III  (Read 16728 times)
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 06:53:49 am »

I used to look forward to this game but ever since i startedplaying oblivion series, Dragon age, mass effect etc. I feel i want more from my rpgs^^

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 08:37:55 am »

Bioware will always be the king of RPGs

Bethesda makes good RPGs.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 08:49:33 am »

*had to rewrite this a few times*

Bethesda is a very good company as well. Fallout series definitely are some of the very best RPGs made.

The bad guys and bosses of Morrowind were pretty dissapointing though. The "spam spell button" to "learn" was annoying.

I remember that Morrowind (Elder scrolls?) game about the reborn Nerevar, last boss was a ash vampire with a voodoo mask that just ran towards you once you crept down the volcano or what it was? No speech, no voice, no nothing. A few sword bashes and he was dead.

But the arrogance, indifference, followed by anger and grief of John Irenicus in Baldurs Gate?
Now that was a great adversary, a character who felt like he had his own plans and weren't just a puppet storytelling mechanic. His loved one's turned against him, a outcast of his immortal people being chased down by the spurned offspring of a evil god. A finale to the series including being given the choice to destroy the divine essence of his father gathered through the killing of his siblings, take it for himself or through game choices having a option to purify it to essentially become a deity of the good domain?

Now that's some dramatic-classical shit. Over the course of two games and the two expansions you went from D&D level 1 to the epic 20 levels. Wars happened around you, friends were sacrificed and the whole society your story took place in was touched and changed.

I literally CRIED when I finished BGII:TOB. Big fat man-tears.

I cried because I knew that I would never play the game with the same intense feeling, it would never be completely new and secretive. I would never adventure with Boo & Minsc again. A few of the BG series companion NPCs had depth that even Mass Effect and Fallout with all its budget could not match. They weren't afraid to be crazy or funny, but the grip they had on storytelling meant they could go from humorous to tragic in seconds without it seeming abnormal or forced.

Not to say Bioware is perfect. But the BG series came pretty close to it, and remains a monument to their skill at creating a RPG.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:10:34 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 09:17:58 am »

*had to rewrite this a few times*

Bethesda is a very good company as well. Fallout series definitely are some of the very best RPGs made.

The bad guys and bosses of Morrowind were pretty dissapointing though. The "spam spell button" to "learn" was annoying.

I remember that Morrowind (Elder scrolls?) game about the reborn Nerevar, last boss was a ash vampire with a voodoo mask that just ran towards you once you crept down the volcano or what it was? No speech, no voice, no nothing. A few sword bashes and he was dead.

But the arrogance, indifference, followed by anger and grief of John Irenicus in Baldurs Gate?
Now that was a great adversary, a character who felt like he had his own plans and weren't just a puppet storytelling mechanic. His loved one's turned against him, a outcast of his immortal people being chased down by the spurned offspring of a evil god. A finale to the series including being given the choice to destroy the divine essence of his father gathered through the killing of his siblings, take it for himself or through game choices having a option to purify it to essentially become a deity of the good domain?

Now that's some dramatic-classical shit. Over the course of two games and the two expansions you went from D&D level 1 to the epic 20 levels. Wars happened around you, friends were sacrificed and the whole society your story took place in was touched and changed.

I literally CRIED when I finished BGII:TOB. Big fat man-tears.

I cried because I knew that I would never play the game with the same intense feeling, it would never be completely new and secretive. I would never adventure with Boo & Minsc again. A few of the BG series companion NPCs had depth that even Mass Effect and Fallout with all its budget could not match. They weren't afraid to be crazy or funny, but the grip they had on storytelling meant they could go from humorous to tragic in seconds without it seeming abnormal or forced.

Not to say Bioware is perfect. But the BG series came pretty close to it, and remains a monument to their skill at creating a RPG.
This in every respect.
We won't see anything like BG2 again simply because there isn't a demand for it. What's selling is mindless action rpg's that require a few clicks and everything just looks flashy and happy. Storyline isn't as important, characters are easier to fall in love with, large chunks of dialogue are not necessary.

Playing BG1 again now feels kind of dated due to the low lvl system, but playing BG2 today is still as amazing as it once was. Anomen is still infuriating, Jan is still in love with turnips, Minsc and Aerie provide some hilarious dialogue together, and I doubt we'll see a companionship like Minsc and Boo ever appear again.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:20:01 am by spinn72 » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 09:51:00 am »

what is this i don't even

Fallout was made by Black Isle which was bought out by Interplay. Remnants of Black Isle created Troika which made Arcanum, Bloodlines and Temple of Elemental Evil which bankrupted shortly after.

Ofcourse i'm not talking about travesty by Bethesda which is fallout 3 but proper  Fallout 1 and 2.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:55:55 am by nugnugx » Logged

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 01:37:10 pm »

I just must say this, Dungeon Keep series was the first RTS I played, and I HATE Bullfrog for it. I thought a game like DK was normal, then I finally find out that it was a very unique game... then they never made DK 3... then I spent many nights curled into a ball weeping =(

Does anyone know where you can get DK1/2 to down load? Fuck I'd love to play those games sometime! It's gotta be on like the steam catalog or something like that!

Also has anyone played Dungeons? It came out quite recent and was inspired by DK series. I played the demo and was super disappointed because you couldnt move your creatures around, maybe the actual game was better, but it looked like crap.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 03:19:00 pm »

This thread alone (well the second half) is why I began my career as a software developer.

In teh future I have planned:
An online MMOTBS in space.
- Single ship or fleet, customisable COMPLETELY (as in, you can build a BRICK WITH GUNS).
- Crew / Other captians, to enable a RPG type feel for your fleet
- Turn based 'planning' phases for combat
- Main world works independantly of combat world, so you could be in an NPC battle, and a PvP fleet could enter and hijack you (or help)

An online MMORPG with D&D overtones
- Basically the old 'Champions of Krynn' but online.

An online CCG based on Dungeon Keeper theme.
- Two factions, Keeper and Heroes
- Keepers job is to defeat you in a dungeon thats built at game time
- Heroes job is to complete as many objectives as they can
- Objectives are given by both the Heroes and Keepers, then randomly decided / put into play
- Game style mechanic is similar to HeroesQuest or WarhammerFantasy (if anyone played those) but with a card based system rather than point.

Uhm.... Yeah thats my 10 year plan.  I'll probably start with #3 first, as it will be easier than creating a god damn MMO alone.  Then after I have the attention of some other software coders / companies - move to something bigger =)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 03:44:20 pm »

Uhm.... Yeah thats my 10 year plan.  I'll probably start with #3 first, as it will be easier than creating a god damn MMO alone.  Then after I have the attention of some other software coders / companies - move to something bigger =)
Standalone EiR  Shocked

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2011, 03:51:17 pm »

Standalone EiR  Shocked
If I was somehow able to pay the $250k fee for the game engine I had in mind, + wages for me for 2 years, Id quit my job now and do it full time.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2011, 03:52:17 pm »

If I was somehow able to pay the $250k fee for the game engine I had in mind, + wages for me for 2 years, Id quit my job now and do it full time.
*COUGH*tank*COUGH* lolololololo
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 03:56:20 pm »

*COUGH*tank*COUGH* lolololololo
I believe an 8 month overrun on deployment time for the warmap would have definately destroyed my goodwill as a company ;p
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 04:09:34 pm »

I really wish I had gone into software development myself rather than visual communications and for a hot moment digital animation. I really really want to do a survival horror game with zombies that has a more realistic tone. I even started mod page for L4D. I don't know anything about coding so it never got anywhere. I was going to be doing the art side of it and s0fad from Project Reality was going to do sounds (he has an awesome sound mod for L4D http://youtu.be/mISDmFJtERk )

http://www.left4deadforums.com/1695-theyre-coming-get-you.html

sadly i never found people that wanted to get in on the mod and it never came to life =(
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 04:11:27 pm »

I really really want to do a survival horror game with zombies that has a more realistic tone.

You can create mods for Project Zomboid.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2011, 04:13:26 pm »

You can create mods for Project Zomboid.

yes but i want a fps, i probably should of mentioned that.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 04:17:40 pm »

yes but i want a fps, i probably should of mentioned that.

No, your demands are too high. Project Zomboid is the only zombie game ever made that actually focuses on realism, survival and horror. It also has a sandbox style world and co-op, what more could you want. Graphics and player perspective means jack shit.

Dead Island is just gonna be borderlands with zombies.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:21:52 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 05:00:52 pm »

While i seriously doubt that, is there really a problem with that?

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2011, 05:16:04 pm »

If they did a Syndicate remake/Sequal, I would soooo buy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBiHuAwyHR8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=538rLOAaSOc

That music makes my heart beat!

Weird thing is that to me Syndicate 1 almost had better graphics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQg8k_FzGY4
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:20:35 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2011, 05:33:55 pm »

Not to mention Ultima 7 or ultima 8.. jesus those games.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2011, 05:55:36 pm »

No, your demands are too high. Project Zomboid is the only zombie game ever made that actually focuses on realism, survival and horror. It also has a sandbox style world and co-op, what more could you want. Graphics and player perspective means jack shit.

While I agree with you that I have high demands, I have to say, graphics and perspective mean A LOT. Perspective itself completely separates genres of games. If it really didnt mean anything then you might as well do some D&D board style zombie game. Now I'm not saying I want a game that looks like crysis. I'd be totally happy with a game that had graphics as good as BF2. Also I need FPS because I want to be able to aim and make head shots and use iron sights.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2011, 06:05:56 pm »

While I agree with you that I have high demands, I have to say, graphics and perspective mean A LOT. Perspective itself completely separates genres of games. If it really didnt mean anything then you might as well do some D&D board style zombie game. Now I'm not saying I want a game that looks like crysis. I'd be totally happy with a game that had graphics as good as BF2. Also I need FPS because I want to be able to aim and make head shots and use iron sights.

Yes but a FPS can only go so far. Even Fallout 3 with it's million dollar budget is extremely small. PZ is simple and that's what makes it great. Anyone can create mods for it. Different player perspectives is not necessarily a bad thing, a third-person shooter can essentially be just as good or better than first person if it's done well and you can still aim and make headshots and use iron sights in games with other player perspectives. Graphics mean nothing if the game is shit. Dead Island is a good example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVzRo39P31I
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:16:09 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc