Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 10, 2024, 10:24:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bombing run OP?  (Read 8508 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: September 26, 2011, 08:57:16 pm »

Please review the game and let me know.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20835483/Desktop.rar

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:59:18 pm »

Can't review the game atm, as i'm at school...but having used it, and having it used vs me, I can't say I've ever had the feeling that it was OP.

OP is defensive rocket barrage...
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 09:06:28 pm »

Dude everything in defensive is O to the fucking P.   And no bombing run isnt op...You have time to dodge it and sometimes its hit or miss.  You just have to be aware of all the offmaps?  If you really think about it alot of the offmaps are OP or just plain annoying, so just get used to it?

Bombing run is fine, please dont nerf another thing going for the allied side...

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 09:23:58 pm »

i just think its very simple. Im sick and tired of not matter what, offmaps not being counterable whatsoever.

I THINK, all offmaps should be counterable IE, making AA units more effective against planes and stuff like earthshacker called in by a radioman unit, so it requires some sort of skill.

Everything has a counter, so should offmaps, its becuase they have no physical cost they are dumb. give them some sort of cost

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 09:27:25 pm »

red smoke comes down...move.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 10:31:06 pm »

I will have to agree with rile on this one, off maps need a unit tied to them.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 01:01:00 am »

I will have to agree with rile on this one, off maps need a unit tied to them.

it won't happen. been talked about for a long time and has never come to anything.

it was mainly the map choice here. short sides, low call in time, big jagdtiger, easily gets 2 2 1/2 hits in.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 04:49:31 am »

am i not right in thinking PE has to the most effective AA unit in the game?

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 05:08:20 am »

Bombing run is pretty average. It's easy to avoid.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 05:10:13 am »

nonono its allied, nerf it plz. it's 1 of the few abilties in the AB doctrine that hasnt been released for 10 months but nerf plawx. reduce our options even moar.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 07:42:10 am »

I don't think it is OP at all, but my opponents felt strongly that it was.

There are so few people playing AB that it is hard to tell if it is OP from either side as it hardly gets used.

The jagdtiger is a large slow moving slug. The perfect target for a bombing run IMO. The Jadgtiger is ridiculously OP, but 8thrifle freaked when I damaged it with a bombing run he feels is OP. Trying to kill it with AT is useless, so what else you supposed to use?
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 08:02:03 am »

There are so few people playing AB that it is hard to tell if it is OP from either side as it hardly gets used.

The jagdtiger is a large slow moving slug. The perfect target for a bombing run IMO. The Jadgtiger is ridiculously OP, but 8thrifle freaked when I damaged it with a bombing run he feels is OP. Trying to kill it with AT is useless, so what else you supposed to use?

Tank, surely you jest! Seriously contemplating 8th rifle's balance suggestion? What is this?! Bombing runs aren't OP.. Not even close. This is exactly what they're used for and you did it well. If you feel it is OP, well then I hate to tell you, but it's only going to get worse once AB doctrine is released!
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 08:32:39 am »

bombing run is about as OP as his jagdtiger killing inf/atgs/tanks. if it was a jagdpanther he wouldnt of said anything, but since it was a reward unit it makes sense that he would over react.

bombing run has been with EIR since the beginning, i don't think it's ever gone under any kind of real changes since the beginning.

you know whats OP? X7s, point click and forget and decent damage to tanks/vehicles. You know what else is OP? Henchel runs, point click and forget and you just did a good deal amount of damage to multiple tanks/vehicles/atgs and any infantry that happened to be close to any of those things.

You know what isn't OP? An off map that you have to aim, is map dependent (though im sure henchel might be map dependent as well) and doesn't follow the target.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 09:07:38 am »

i think we should have bombing run COHO style, where as a t4 u get 3 bombing runs ina row. like a boss.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 09:11:53 am »

EF style tbh

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 09:57:05 am »

Proper use beats fail tank that has no AA defense? Sounds right to me.

8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 10:04:40 am »

proper firefly use rapes JT and one bombing run took JT from 90% to around 20% thats a little dumb, ive seen the bombing run kill full health p4s
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 10:06:21 am »

yes, its also next to impossible to hit with, unless you're a complete moron.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 11:27:19 am »

how many bombs hit the jagd? im going to have to assume all 3 with that much damage done.

if each bomb does say 20% damage to a jagd tiger/panther i say that's fine. what are the chances that all 3 will hit?

If only 1 bomb happened to hit would you be complaining?

What offmaps do allies have that effectively deal with heavies? bombing run is the only one i can think of, unless you count an infantry or RCA offmap, which i doubt are as consistant as a bombing run or x7/henchel.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 11:32:39 am »

What offmaps do allies have that effectively deal with heavies? bombing run is the only one i can think of, unless you count an infantry or RCA offmap, which i doubt are as consistant as a bombing run or x7/henchel.

Do...do allies really need a heavy armor countering offmap when you have 57mm with APs?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc