Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 01:25:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you could...  (Read 43850 times)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2011, 03:41:18 pm »

You quoted me Sach,

And it's freedom of speech, article 1 of the US constitution. It probably varies upon interpretation and such, but I used to live down in Florida, so apart from my own experiences where it was actually used on me, I definitely recall reading news stories/pending court cases about this.

Generally, Americans find this shit to be a big deal, so when it happens it's all over and for some people, it is pratcially their sole purpose in life to make this kind of thing happen.

Here's a quick google search article, not from any established media source, but the people that go out of their way to make public schools teach non-secular subjects.

http://www.icr.org/article/teachers-can-teach-creation-science-classroom/

Here's the supreme court case they refer to.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemon_v._Kurtzman

Opps, copy button got stuck

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2011, 03:50:15 pm »

Opps, copy button got stuck

And clearly they haven't succeded since I've yet to see a single public school teach creationism.

The article from ICR just makes the point that it should be allowed and the Lemon v Kurtzman deals with funding and not an actual school teaching creationism.

So wheres that link saying that there's a public school somewhere in America teaching creationism?

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2011, 03:52:10 pm »

And clearly they haven't succeded since I've yet to see a single public school teach creationism.

This just shows your level of ignorance by saying this.

How many schools are in the US? How many have you seen.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2011, 03:53:36 pm »

Yeah, look it up for yourself.

Not every school that has some crack pot instructor teaching creationism gets a supreme court case.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2011, 04:11:09 pm »

This just shows your level of ignorance by saying this.

How many schools are in the US? How many have you seen.

When on the internet and you make claim like that, you have to be able to back it up.

I could say that we cuddle with polar bears in Swedish schools. How many Swedish schools have you been to? The burden of proof is on the one claiming something exist, not the other way around. Celestial teapot/magical unicorn/flying spaghetti monster.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2011, 04:14:13 pm »

I could say that we cuddle with polar bears in Swedish schools.
But you do?, don't you?

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2011, 04:14:47 pm »

I'd have to agree. I mean if someone asked me whether or not they taught creationism in Norwegian schools, I'd know.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2011, 04:19:40 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_and_evolution_in_public_education

How accurate is this? I loled
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2011, 04:22:44 pm »

Well according to that link

"Even in the United States, however, the Supreme Court has ruled the teaching of creationism as science in public schools to be unconstitutional."
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2011, 04:37:16 pm »

When on the internet and you make claim like that, you have to be able to back it up.

I could say that we cuddle with polar bears in Swedish schools. How many Swedish schools have you been to? The burden of proof is on the one claiming something exist, not the other way around. Celestial teapot/magical unicorn/flying spaghetti monster.

I have been to 0 Swedish schools, thus i make no claims about them. Had i been to 1 then i might, but unless i actively attended (or regularly dealt with people from it) said system i would refrain from judging them

It sounds like a friggin war zone in their schools between evolution and creationism.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2011, 04:43:10 pm »

I have been to 0 Swedish schools, thus i make no claims about them. Had i been to 1 then i might, but unless i actively attended (or regularly dealt with people from it) said system i would refrain from judging them

It sounds like a friggin war zone in their schools between evolution and creationism.

I have never seen a Tiger tank, so I should not ask for proof if someone said that they used chickens as ordnance?

If you have to see something with your very own eyes in order to discuss it or for that matter believe in it then you're going to live in a very small world. Moonlanding? 9/11? WW2? All things I according to you should never make claims about or discuss.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:45:09 pm by Sachaztan » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2011, 04:43:46 pm »

I've never seen a black swan
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2011, 04:46:04 pm »

Masacree: you lazy ass, complete useless piece of shit, zero contribution to society, loser. It is people with your attitude that cause the great divide between the rich and the poor. You sit on your ass and expect the rest of us hard working people to support you while you fuck around on a computer all day. You type of people completely disgust me. You want to change how the system works, then get off your ass and contribute instead of expecting a fucking hand out.

What do you know about my life? You know absolutely nothing. How can you possibly make claims like that? Your claims to knowledge astound me. You cannot possibly believe what you say. You know nothing about my work ethic, my place in life, nothing.  

But before I explain myself, I reject the way you (and most of society) defines success. It makes me sick to see people burning their lives away chasing such an empty concept. It is the greatest sin of all that our society considers those people "successful" and provides them as a role model for others to follow. I truly hope that you have found some sort of meaning in your life beyond material wealth. However, the rancor in your post suggests to me that you haven't. If you truly found value in your money you wouldn't feel such an incessant need to put others down as, Heartmann put it, "degenerates."

Now, you clearly think that I'm some sort of bum fed up with my lot in life. You're completely wrong. I get the system. I worked from when I was 16 at a minimum wage job as a bagger in grocery store to save up money for college. In high school I was very near the top of my class (which wasn't a particularly large amount of effort, but worth mentioning) and therefore "earned"  admission to the most prestigious college in my state with scholarships to boot. Now, I'm taking advantage of that by studying electrical engineering (that's one of those dead-beat degrees, right?) in the hopes of somehow contributing to society.

I use quotations because I never felt like I did substantially more work than the "stupid degenerates" who dropped out of high school to work a dead end job. I was lucky enough to be somewhere on the high end of capitalist society and am currently set to benefit quite handsomely from it.

But is that the way it ought to be? Of course not.

I worked my fucking ass off to get to where I am today, and some little lazy ass puke is going to QQ that I should just give them part of my wealth. You sir can go fuck your lazy ass self.

Instead of wasting your time in this forum expecting a fucking hand out, walk out the door and contribute something to society.

tl;dr

I'm not fucking lazy, and not all people without wealth are (as I'm sure your father can attest to).

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2011, 04:49:31 pm »

I've never seen a black swan

Yes that is the biggest problem with inductive logic, but you won't get very far by using just deductive logic.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2011, 05:03:50 pm »

This is not a discussion, this is a statement.

You have said that you have SEEN no schools teaching creationism. But in fact you probably have little knowledge about more then a handful of American schools

This is much different with talking about things like Tiger tanks and ww2, in which the knowledge is readily available.

And here is why there is not a lot of need for religion in public schools in the US.
http://thisadventurelife.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/secular-homeschooling-in-the-bible-belt/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:08:41 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2011, 05:17:24 pm »

This is not a discussion, this is a statement.

You have said that you have SEEN no schools teaching creationism. But in fact you probably have little knowledge about more then a handful of American schools

This is much different with talking about things like Tiger tanks and ww2, in which the knowledge is readily available.

Ever heard of inductive logic? I have swathed through a great deal of articles and sites about creationism in schools and absolutely none of them has even hinted at the possibility that there may be public schools in the USA that teaches creationism. I have however seen a great deal that debates whether or not it should be teached. The two put together HEAVILY implies what I have stated.

It's about as scientific as you can under these circumstances and if you feel offended because I made a statement based on inductive logic then I am sorry, but no one forces you to read this thread.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2011, 05:20:37 pm »

tl;dr
I'm not fucking lazy, and not all people without wealth are (as I'm sure your father can attest to).

Too lazy to read a 1 minute post......... Typical of people like you looking for a hand out.

You could not be more correct in regards to my father. He was poor and worked his ass off. He would never expect anyone else to give up what they worked for to help him out. He would earn it himself.

Don't blame the system for your ineffectiveness or inability to gain wealth. Look at your self for that.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2011, 05:25:23 pm »

I don't think you saw earlier tank, but I was just wondering, what is it that your company does?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2011, 05:25:48 pm »

I want to hand this thread the award of weirdest derailment of all the time i have been on the EIR forums, first about punching people, then about punching ghandi then about whatever it was and  religion then something else and now its about how rich people don't deserve to be rich, stay classy EIR community stay classy.
And it even did it in a day and a half fucking A.

Was tank not an arcitect of bossery?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:27:34 pm by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2011, 05:27:44 pm »

I want to hand this thread the award of weirdest derailment of all the time i have been on the EIR forums, first about punching people, then about punching ghandi then about whatever it was and  religion then something else and now its about how rich people don't deserve to be rich, stay classy EIR community stay classy.

Was tank not an arcitect of bossery?

Heartmann knew where this thread was going the moment he said Karl Marx. In fact that was the whole point of this thread from the start.

At least that's what he implied when i talked to him over skype.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc