Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 03:44:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CB] BAR and G43 SF  (Read 21590 times)
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2011, 07:45:06 am »

Or make the allied MG worth a shit and not be the only MG that isn't meant to suppress, cause currently SF is the only way allies can suppress (hence why I say fuck it and just go pure DPS dmg)

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2011, 07:57:43 am »

I will never understand why you guys removed slow and gave g43s Suppression instead, atleast you guys could have made it an instant pin ability on just 1 squad without granting them -1 to their movement enabling elite inf for the allies to sprint like bitches away from the fight and if you guys are gonna say you could just slow 1 squad and then go fight another one that was the whole point of them, either you forced them to stay in a fight or you would be able to run away unlike now they are the most lackluster suppression unit of them all and even better for luft unlock inf you only get 2 g43 instead of 3 so suppression does absolutely nothing.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:02:24 am by TheIcelandicDictator » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 02:45:11 am »

The worst part of SF is the fact that when backcapping with bar unit you cant send any singular inf unit to stop them. Even 2 sguads
are in danger of getting raped...so to destroy them youll need a
vechicle

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 03:37:14 am »

its funny how so many people dont even know about BAR dps because they hit suppression fire as soon as they see enemy inf.
SF obviously cripples your dps for the time active but on the other hand side it disables any enemy infantry you are aiming at which is indeed stupidfixing. ppl need to learn to use cover VERSUS SF but also need to use cover with their rifles to be able to play without it. (and then see how rape bars are)

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 04:10:47 am »

its funny how so many people dont even know about BAR dps because they hit suppression fire as soon as they see enemy inf.
SF obviously cripples your dps for the time active but on the other hand side it disables any enemy infantry you are aiming at which is indeed stupidfixing. ppl need to learn to use cover VERSUS SF but also need to use cover with their rifles to be able to play without it. (and then see how rape bars are)

Where ya need that DPS when you take damage yourself? Hitting SF makes enemy unable to fire at your forces and therefore reduce casualities to 0% from majority of encounters and even if DPS is dropped for the duration you can still pin them down and run in close quaters or lob a grenade in the pile. Either way the pinned squad is unable to do anything but retreat.

Using cover is said to be the 'best' alternative cover, however no matter how hard you click and move there is always 1 retard in the squad who does not take cover- instead he sits in open firing his gun like a retard he is and causes whole squad to end up pinned. The only reliable cover is Garrison so a building is your best and only saving grace. Additionally if you throw a grenade on a squad in cover while SF is active. They are instantly pinned and easy for picking.

If backcapping with BAR squads you can't just deal with them like you can deal with most. You have to send in something that doesnt get pinned immediately by bar infantry. Even a 3 man half dead squad can suppress and kill a entire full health squad with the SF. Once encountering these backcapping BAR squads you'd pretty much have to detatch a much stronger force to deal with them instead of focusing on that major push. That is rather annoying as SF gives the option to win every infantry engagements- except vs Stormtroopers who can choose their field of battle.
Zamochit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 09:31:50 am »

I will never understand why you guys removed slow and gave g43s Suppression instead,

because you can slow a retreating squad?
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 09:59:39 am »

If backcapping with BAR squads you can't just deal with them like you can deal with most. You have to send in something that doesnt get pinned immediately by bar infantry. Even a 3 man half dead squad can suppress and kill a entire full health squad with the SF. Once encountering these backcapping BAR squads you'd pretty much have to detatch a much stronger force to deal with them instead of focusing on that major push. That is rather annoying as SF gives the option to win every infantry engagements- except vs Stormtroopers who can choose their field of battle.

Wow, having to dedicate more then one squad to stopping back capping stuff. Thats super imba, its like having to fight against a garrisoned halftrack, or a scout car with the MG upgrade (or just a scout car Tongue ), or LMG grens that kill the nilla rifles you send after them. Is this REALLY why you take issue with SF? Because it allows the allied players to stop your superior infantry's bumrush into their lines? God forbid they stop the grenadier horde, nerf dat shit. Take away SF on BARs and American players would be better off with support spam with flamers. MGs, crap that they are, are their owly suppression tools, mortars provide smoke, and engie flamers....flame shit. It essentially makes Riflemen the new volksgrenadiers, fit only for recrew duty, and forces Allied players to use their elite infantry as mainline troops--and lets not forget that Rangers and AB arent cost effective enough to be worthwhile as frontline cannon fodder.

Win every engangement? Try moving cloak fals that gib you before you can react, or Oakleaves KCH that can run through multiple BAR squads and MGs at the same time. Pioneers in smoke, which is one of the more popular strategies in the current EiR meta, negates suppression completely. BARs are NOT the godemode of infantry fighting. Rifles are also incredibly squishy...

TBH, I think that SF being a targeted ability like button is better suited then moving the upgrade to a new unit--if riflemen lost SF, what would we do about mass PGs with G43 SF and incind nades?

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 10:03:15 am »

1v1 vcoh volski

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 10:08:32 am »

Huh?
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 11:08:57 am »

gonna demo charge his base?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2012, 11:50:55 am »

and there's covering fire as well.

can we please stop this crap, we keep going back and forth on this ability.

I do not feel sorry for axis players one bit cuz i'm sick and tired of playing against KCH that WILL NOT get suppressed, multiple panthers, invisible schrecks, mp44's and bundle nades that can take out 2 squads completely.

Falls moving in cover and not only do they get that but they get an accuracy bonus out of that cover as well.

screw your whiney baby crap, allies have to go against a bunch of your bullshit abilities as well and a lot of them are doctrine enabled while allies don't get any of that.

So just because there's an ability that doesn't allow your axis infantry to just effin roll right over our squishy rifles doesn't make it OP. Without BAR's, more than likely most axis infantry would just lulz their way to 1 on 1 engagements and most rifle battles would need to BAR squads just to win against a single 2x LMG Gren.

So get outta my face with that crap and L2P.

btw, I play as axis as well and i never have any issues against BAR squads, you know what i do when I see one? I bring up my own uber suppression machine that doesn't REQUIRE me to press a button to enable it, just plant and fire and that BAR is toast, or bring up tank, put my infantry, which btw are 4 or 5 men so unlike rifles with 6 is less likely to have some idiot sticking his toe out and get suppressed, in cover and fire back at it and take no damage or suppression and watch it run.

Majority axis players are the whinest babies in the whole of EIR, especially WM players because they EXPECT to win most games and when some ability causes their uber strategy to fail, they get on the boards and bitch. PE feel like they're left behind, even when they have excellenet abilities, they can be just as soft as their halftracks are, americans just take it up the bum cuz they're used to it and know no amount of raging will change anything and Brits just kick ass, take names and if they lose, come back and try again, they're the WM of the allies, they expect to win.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 01:23:49 pm »

Wow, having to dedicate more then one squad to stopping back capping stuff. Thats super imba, its like having to fight against a garrisoned halftrack, or a scout car with the MG upgrade (or just a scout car Tongue ), or LMG grens that kill the nilla rifles you send after them. Is this REALLY why you take issue with SF? Because it allows the allied players to stop your superior infantry's bumrush into their lines? God forbid they stop the grenadier horde, nerf dat shit. Take away SF on BARs and American players would be better off with support spam with flamers. MGs, crap that they are, are their owly suppression tools, mortars provide smoke, and engie flamers....flame shit. It essentially makes Riflemen the new volksgrenadiers, fit only for recrew duty, and forces Allied players to use their elite infantry as mainline troops--and lets not forget that Rangers and AB arent cost effective enough to be worthwhile as frontline cannon fodder.

Win every engangement? Try moving cloak fals that gib you before you can react, or Oakleaves KCH that can run through multiple BAR squads and MGs at the same time. Pioneers in smoke, which is one of the more popular strategies in the current EiR meta, negates suppression completely. BARs are NOT the godemode of infantry fighting. Rifles are also incredibly squishy...

TBH, I think that SF being a targeted ability like button is better suited then moving the upgrade to a new unit--if riflemen lost SF, what would we do about mass PGs with G43 SF and incind nades?

Stop bitching about doctrine buffs in a discussion about a vanilla ability. SF is too strong without doctrines being taken into account. Which means in needs a nerf. On top of that, the doctrines in general need to be balanced and/or redone, because some are just retardedly good/bad.

Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 01:58:57 pm »

On top of that, the doctrines in general need to be balanced and/or redone, because some are just retardedly good/bad.

Keep redoing them.  Every time they get redone, Axis get stronger, Allies get the nerf bat.  Just look at what happened to the poor airborn which has never been completed but even in its half done state was a usable faction.  Now, its just utter shit.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 03:46:08 pm »

Stop bitching about doctrine buffs in a discussion about a vanilla ability. SF is too strong without doctrines being taken into account. Which means in needs a nerf. On top of that, the doctrines in general need to be balanced and/or redone, because some are just retardedly good/bad.

lol so out of the whole thing you got that? You totally missed my whole point but i dont reiterate, you dont listen anyawy. You pick something out of someone's conversation so you can turn it into something negative and try to make yourself look smart.

For those who dont wanna read the whole thing, I'll sum it up in a few words.

There are insta suppress things, not just abilities on allies. Some are abilities, some maybe not as fast are just as good.

Allies get abilities, Axis generally have units that have high suppression, it balances itself out in the end.

tbh, i'd rather have mg42's than bar suppression anyday.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:50:40 pm by Tymathee » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2012, 03:56:46 pm »

I just want to apologize to the devs if I somehow derailed the thread. I forgot what thread this was originally about so I just looked at the OP and I shouldn't be making posts like the two above.

If you so choose, delete my previous threads since they have no relevance to what this whole thread is about.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 04:13:09 pm by Tymathee » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2012, 04:07:25 pm »

Well tymathee dont think you have to apologize. i concur with some your observation. but back on topic  g43 is cheaper and does the same effect the bar does at a cheaper Price.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2012, 04:31:49 pm »

Keep redoing them.  Every time they get redone, Axis get stronger, Allies get the nerf bat.  Just look at what happened to the poor airborn which has never been completed but even in its half done state was a usable faction.  Now, its just utter shit.

Which is an issue with people designing doctrines separately and without a pre-set power level "model" doctrine to emulate.

Tym: That wasn't even you I was quoting, well done.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2012, 04:57:42 pm »

If SF got removed americans would need a stronger gren level of infantry to compensate.

And that would make them more similer to axis, which makes them less unique and more boring.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2012, 05:12:57 pm »

If SF got removed americans would need a stronger gren level of infantry to compensate.

And that would make them more similer to axis, which makes them less unique and more boring.

if suppression fire got removed from americans, USA would need more then a gren level unit we are already losing the supression support  spam anyway thanks to Terror. so to compensate we get a more mobile supression remove that and do allies have still less superior support weapons.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2012, 05:15:29 pm »

No, USA would need an MG42 or better.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc