Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 09:24:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would this be possible?  (Read 12390 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: November 27, 2011, 07:41:58 am »

what would be even more awesome is if there was a bar showing when your tanks or slow-firing weapons are reloading so that you could effectively move-stop-fire-move

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 07:44:47 am »

I don't see why it wouldn't be... But I feel that knowing how long units take to reload is all a part of your skill set.

If there was a way to show it only for your own and friendly units I'd dig it, but showing it for both might take something away from the gameplay tbh.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 07:46:45 am »

yea,to see your own units,and maybe frendly,it would be okay...no point in showing this for enemy units,to easily exploitable.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 08:02:35 am »

This is exactly same like each tank is showing a aura that represents its range. It was rejected at straight hand.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 08:24:10 am »

This is exactly same like each tank is showing a aura that represents its range. It was rejected at straight hand.

why is this cool for 57mms and mortars and mg42s to have, but not tanks ?
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 08:59:31 am »

It might be possible, but if it was i'd disapprove of it being used at all.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 09:22:57 am »

and why is that?
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 09:26:26 am »

Lowers amount of brainpower needed to play the game. Reload times should be in your heart by now. Its a advantage you should have by playing this long.

Which now brings me to think, I might support it being activated on proven noobs to help them learn the game.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 09:31:17 am »

If we really wanted to, we could probably show reload, range, angle of fire, active penetration chances (With quite a bit of work...) and damage dealt to the target per shot.

The reason I wouldn't want all that is two-fold:

One, It'd seriously dumb down the game.

Two, I'm not playing a sim.

So in retrospect... I guess I wouldn't want any sort of display. The reason why it's handy on HMG's and ATG's is because they cant actively turn on the spot without player assistance.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 09:49:26 am »

pEOPLE WILL FIGHT THIS BECAUSE THE LONG TIME PLAYERS STILL WANT AN ADVANTAGE OVER NEWER PLAYERS.

Make it the same as the 57, don;t make the ark there all the time, But while you go to place it, LEt it be seen. 

It will be more Noob friendly, and allow people to comprehend COH better.

Alot of people who are now playing this mod, have never played COH, They jump right into this mod...  Or they spend 5 bucks to play this Mod, its amazing i have run into no less than 4 in the past 2 weeks that have done this. 

Want the community to grow, put in some more noob friendly mechanics.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 09:53:46 am »

If we really wanted to, we could probably show reload, range, angle of fire, active penetration chances (With quite a bit of work...) and damage dealt to the target per shot.

The reason I wouldn't want all that is two-fold:

One, It'd seriously dumb down the game.

Two, I'm not playing a sim.

So in retrospect... I guess I wouldn't want any sort of display. The reason why it's handy on HMG's and ATG's is because they cant actively turn on the spot without player assistance.

to me this would make EIRR more strategic and transparent.

i also find myself agreeing with puddin, this would make the mod more noob friendly.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 10:00:50 am »

If it can be done without it looking a mess I suppose I might come around to the idea.

Hell, your right. The new guys deserve as much a chance as we do.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 10:03:57 am »

+1 for noob friendly stuff

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
BigDick
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 10:25:45 am »

could we change the attack target by a movement plan that keep optimal distance?

e.g. if you attack with riflesquad a mp40 squad it will keep max distance while getting as close as possible while attacking a vanilla volks squad

oh and can we make tanks reverse back automatically when being shot by at weapons?

and we could add a circlestrafe function for m10s etc.

+10 noob friendly  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 10:27:18 am »

Quote from: Smokaz on March 12, 2009, 06:52:57 pm
what would be even more awesome is if there was a bar showing when your tanks or slow-firing weapons are reloading so that you could effectively move-stop-fire-move

great idea

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 10:28:42 am »

Tbh, I would like to see this as part of the of a doctrine or the veterancy system.

It would work like tank awareness or something and would be unlocked only to you with a doctrine choice or if your commander gets ranked high enough.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 10:29:22 am »

Tbh, I would like to see this as part of the of a doctrine or the veterancy system.

It would work like tank awareness or something and would be unlocked only to you with a doctrine choice or if your commander gets ranked high enough.

on vet 2 would be nice
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 10:31:05 am »

could we change the attack target by a movement plan that keep optimal distance?

e.g. if you attack with riflesquad a mp40 squad it will keep max distance while getting as close as possible while attacking a vanilla volks squad

oh and can we make tanks reverse back automatically when being shot by at weapons?

and we could add a circlestrafe function for m10s etc.

+10 noob friendly  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

There's a difference between providing information and using the information for them. -.-'
SpaceHamster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 12:06:52 pm »

pEOPLE WILL FIGHT THIS BECAUSE THE LONG TIME PLAYERS STILL WANT AN ADVANTAGE OVER NEWER PLAYERS.

Make it the same as the 57, don;t make the ark there all the time, But while you go to place it, LEt it be seen.  

It will be more Noob friendly, and allow people to comprehend COH better.

Alot of people who are now playing this mod, have never played COH, They jump right into this mod...  Or they spend 5 bucks to play this Mod, its amazing i have run into no less than 4 in the past 2 weeks that have done this.  

Want the community to grow, put in some more noob friendly mechanics.

Well I would agree with you pudding but there is a reason I don’t,

Imagine how people played VCoH in the past and up till now, nobody in the game ever needed to see how long it would take for there panther to shoot, where the rear armor meets the front armor, the arc of the mg, the range of the tank, and etc. People just learned it as time went on. Imagine if all these things were shown in the game, it wouldn't feel to me like CoH would. In CoH you enjoy the atmosphere of random crit chances, artillery shells flying across the map, and just seeing the usual tank fights with epic micro, but imagine if you get all this technical stuff in there, it wouldn’t feel like the RTS it was meant to be.

Granted this is a mod, I feel it would completely ruin CoHs atmosphere, and trust me, if you played for atleast a month with each army (or one) you will know what each unit is capable of doing and If not you can just look at CoH stats for the exact numberings you want, the tools are there. So why put the tools into a live game?

Showing reload times, accuracy, range, or anything in game will not help make it noob friendly, noob friendly implies that you specifically put a advantage that can not be exploited by veterans, this I can see being exploited by people who played this game for a long time a lot.

Not saying your wrong man but the mechanics aint gonna help the noobs as much as it will help people who know how this mod works. Noob implies that you are not familiar with the mechanics of the game but every noob usually gets better after a while and learns to familiarize with how the mod works, its all part of the learning process in this mod.

Also don’t imply the fact that every one who got the game only bought it to play this mod, honestly this mod changes so many things in general that you cant even try to put VCoH gameplay into this because its so different

Honestly who expects a tiger ace with a flak 88 combo right off the bat in the beginning of the game? People are used to the fact that the super powerful units are unlocked through progression, not by simply clicking a few buttons in the launcher to get them.

TL;DR – Ruins atmosphere, doesn’t help noobs that much, would get redundant after a few games, not every one bought this game to play only the mod.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 12:11:14 pm by SpaceHamster » Logged

The warmap is like Dukenukem Forever.

No one thinks it will ever be released, then several years after everyone has given up the little hope they have it gets released from out of nowhere. And then it turns out it sucks.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 12:09:02 pm »

Helps noobs a lot and they need all the help they can get. You say it doesnt help noobs, but it gives easy access to information which took the older player effort to find and learn, and to keep updated on.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc