Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 05:38:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 15th, 2009  (Read 5660 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: January 12, 2012, 12:45:28 am »

What happened to have 181 users on the forums?

Most Online Today: 56. Most Online Ever: 181 (August 15, 2009, 02:19:30 am)

Interestingly enough, this was the post created at 2:05:40 AM, just 14 minutes before the board hit its peak.

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=11666.0

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:57:18 am »

I remember so fondly. The days when companies were built to be able to handle any situation. Less gimmicks, more skill and strategy.

War Progress Addition
Gametypes will now be random depending on the momentum:
Sector Contested
10% Axis Attack
10% Allied Attack
40% Reinforcements Mode
40% Meeting Engagement

Allied Offensive
10% Axis Attack
50% Allied Attack
20% Reinforcements Mode
20% Meeting Engagement

Axis Offensive
50% Axis Attack
10% Allied Attack
20% Reinforcements Mode
20% Meeting Engagement

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 10:05:10 am »

Yet a lot of people complained about the random mode Tongue
Anyway, I'll be glad when a war state determines gamemode again.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 10:06:34 am »

Random was the best, it forced people to leave a bit of flexibility in their company.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 10:07:14 am »

I believe there'll be a 10% random mode chance again with the warmap based gamemode.
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 10:33:56 am »

I believe there'll be a 10% random mode chance again with the warmap based gamemode.

fuck that make it 60-70%.... 10% is just sad

VanOwen Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 12:41:20 pm »

Honestly, I would love a random mode now.

That and having blind participants in the launcher but, that is probably much harder to figure out (who's game do I join, whos in vent, etc..).
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 04:33:53 pm »

Random was the best, it forced people to leave a bit of flexibility in their company.

+1000
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 04:37:20 pm »

random seems like a game killer to me. If you know what the gamemode is gonna be you can build your company around that, making things different and interesting.

with random you're using the same company build every time over again.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 05:03:16 pm »

it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

i really miss the old days of eirr when it was raelly hopping around here, trolls were squashed, flamers were extinguished and eirr was fun, even if u got stomped

and random was boss. it was a 10% chance so it rarely happened but it would sometimes throw a wrench in ur game and if you spammed it could really wreck you if the game mode was against you, like if you started with a bunch of kch against a dual sherman start. or if you had an offensive build and got a defensive game. it was great.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 05:04:22 pm »

i love random, i would end up with three combinations of 10-15 units, and depending on what mode it was I would know what to call on. it was always very interesting.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 05:07:13 pm »

i love random, i would end up with three combinations of 10-15 units, and depending on what mode it was I would know what to call on. it was always very interesting.

Yes, i can't see the Flugabwehrgeschütz 88 with massive Bunker builds or the Tiger + Pionier + Sniper start.

9th Armoured Engineers
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 07:56:21 pm »

with random you're using the same company build every time over again.

You may use the same build every time, but the game is going to be different every time. Four different game modes as well as different players with different play styles and builds.

Honestly, right now how often do you change your build other than a couple of units?
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 08:08:37 pm »

You may use the same build every time, but the game is going to be different every time. Four different game modes as well as different players with different play styles and builds.

Honestly, right now how often do you change your build other than a couple of units?

you dont change your build coz everyone simply always plays ME. there is no reason to change your company.

We can do much better than that. let the warmap make it interesting to play different game modes, and allow players to save multiple armies under the company tab. Now it's easy to pick a different gamemode & have an adapted company ready. and there you have a 4 times as diverse game then before.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 08:25:03 pm »

if i was playing defense id switch out units for more engs with mines, mortars, and basically support weapons. if im attacking id bring breakthrough units like crocs with bulldozers.

As much as I like random, I think it makes more sense that if axis are defending the territory on the map they ought to defend it in the game. though if you had one in every X amount of battles always be random that would be great as well.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 09:16:23 pm »

if i was playing defense id switch out units for more engs with mines, mortars, and basically support weapons. if im attacking id bring breakthrough units like crocs with bulldozers.

As much as I like random, I think it makes more sense that if axis are defending the territory on the map they ought to defend it in the game. though if you had one in every X amount of battles always be random that would be great as well.

Well this kinda emphasizes my point tbh. Knowing you are attacking or defending means everyone knows their opponents are going to be using defensive or "break through" units in most cases. There will always be some exceptions, but typically it will be the same old shit game after game.

With Random, you have no idea what is going to happen until you are already in battle. Now you must adapt on the fly. Now you must have a diverse company ready for anything.

Random would also help eliminate the problem with maps. If you are defending, you are going to want a map that favors that. Then the arguments will start in CoH lobby. Even worse then they do now when you know you are playing against an 88 company for example.

If you have no idea the game mode, then your company is not going to be spamming attack or defend type builds, so the map will be less of an impact on your company.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 09:19:40 pm »

I agree that not knowing if you are attacking or defending would make companies less specialized, but how would you tie this to a overall side progression

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 06:16:08 am »

What happened to have 181 users on the forums?

probably cos you use to have to use the website as apose to having a launcher configuration

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 10:52:51 am »

I agree that not knowing if you are attacking or defending would make companies less specialized, but how would you tie this to a overall side progression

That is a really good question.

Maybe instead of 100% random we change it up a bit. But more random percentage. More a long the line of  what Dnice has suggested.

How About 75% Random, 25% att / Def based on Warmap progression. or Maybe 70 /30 but no less than 70% random

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 10:55:59 am »

I don't see what the problem is with the suggested 10 or 20%. That's enough to make sure you HAVE to account for it not being the gamemode you think it will be. (I.e if you don't and you go full on defense build but you get Attack instead of defend, you're shafted)

At just 25% A/D you're overly minimising the impact of the warmap, there's a point at which you have to trade off immersion and warmap relevance for the possible occurrence of gimmicks (which I'm not even so sure is a big deal, EIR had non-randomised A/D for over 2 years and it really wasn't as bad as some people here are making it out to be) Not to mention that we'll have a system in place to prevent people from building excessive gimmicks anyway.

And then you'd all complain the warmap doesn't tie into the game enough, when you won't even let it do so properly.

As for maps, that's pretty much a non-issue too, since while arguments did occur under A/D people usually settled on a map. And we can have the warmap 'entice' the choice of certain maps.  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:30:54 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc