Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:48:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: stickies vs faust?  (Read 10313 times)
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« on: January 17, 2012, 02:39:16 am »

Is there any reason that stickies are competely and utterly useless?. so i build this company composing only of stickies for my tank reapers stickies atg zooks the whole shabang. i killed 2 pumas with stickies. i even tried as many people said Hitting the heavy tank with it. a vet 2 tiger ace and a vet 1 KT i tried numerous times coming from the flank doing the half track thingy. its retarded that stickise are 70% not cost effective. sure vet 2 stickies are great but what axis is dumb enough to charge a vet 2 and not think wait stickies.

Faust dont do much critical and damage it seems, they do have a longer range and since allies have weaker armor it serves them well with a superior range and faust in mass do quite a decent amount of damage

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 02:40:41 am »

Why are you trying to chase units to sticky them?

Stickies purpose is to keep the enemy armor from overrunning your ATGs. Stop trying to use them to chase and kill.

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 02:47:22 am »

That really not a good arguement. im soupposed to sit there and babysit my atg. with stickies so i can have 5 pop cap and 60 munis on the thought of maybe a axis tank will get close. what if a mortar hits me my atg its gone and i get kited by a ostwind or something?
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 02:48:23 am »

Is there any reason that stickies are competely and utterly useless...

Alright... Learn to play?

Stickes exist to take out enemy mobilty, they are not damage dealing weapons, that is not their intended role in any way whatsoever.

That really not a good arguement. im soupposed to sit there and babysit my atg. with stickies so i can have 5 pop cap and 60 munis on the thought of maybe a axis tank will get close. what if a mortar hits me my atg its gone and i get kited by a ostwind or something?
COMBINED ARMS... WHAT A NOVEL CONCEPT!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:51:07 am by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 02:53:11 am »

Sticky = insta engine damage. If the axis don't repair their tanks to full health there is no chance for them to fix the engine. If that happens to a heavy tank- heavy tank = useless

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 02:54:37 am »

Not to mention ATG fodder
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 02:56:34 am »

they're defensive weapons, much like faust are supposed to be but are more used offensively

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 03:16:02 am »

What moron would get that close to a atg beside  armored cars and ostwinds and puma/flam halftracks all of which could run through the stickie range in and out without being harmed. yes clearly zooks are the obvous counter to light motor units. but thats again another pop to defending atg and a stickie nadded unit.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 03:19:10 am »

Riki had a nice coy that was purly built on Crocs, stickies and ATG's.

Works pretty epicly tbh.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 03:30:25 am »

Only problem with stickies is when you finally DO get it off, there's a  50% chance of it NOT doing engine damage. With as short as their range is, they deserve 100% crit chance tbh.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 05:04:46 am »

What moron would get that close to a atg beside  armored cars and ostwinds and puma/flam halftracks all of which could run through the stickie range in and out without being harmed. yes clearly zooks are the obvous counter to light motor units. but thats again another pop to defending atg and a stickie nadded unit.
I think your line of thinking might be wrong here...

ATG's defend your infartry from tanks and vehicles, Infartry and tanks defend your ATG's from infartry.
Stop taking units as lone enteties, they are not and will fail if you do so.

Support units in their very nature are Hard hitting but vurnerable
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 05:15:16 am »

Any "moron" who happens to want to circle the ATG with the sole intention of killing the ATG crew?

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 05:32:04 am »

stickies aren't useless but they are definitely overpriced.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 06:10:18 am »

Only problem with stickies is when you finally DO get it off, there's a  50% chance of it NOT doing engine damage. With as short as their range is, they deserve 100% crit chance tbh.

the chance is only 25% and only applies to tanks with skirts.
they will also still do 50% of their damage even if they deflect.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 06:13:42 am »

Hell, if get down to it..

If used agains tanks I'll take stickies over fausts anyday
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 07:20:25 am »

Why are you trying to chase units to sticky them?

Stickies purpose is to keep the enemy armor from overrunning your ATGs. Stop trying to use them to chase and kill.

fausts are the EXACT same, you can either chase tanks down with faust and lose your whole sqauds because he kits you for the length of the map, or you sit near a pak or around a tank and the otehr guy is dumb enough to send a sherman or a m8 into your group of 4 volks sqauds.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 10:08:34 am »

I've actually never seen a sticky not do a engine damage after the so called 'change' I'm suspicious of its working.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 10:13:27 am »

I've actually never seen a sticky not do a engine damage after the so called 'change' I'm suspicious of its working.

just happened to me yesterday, my tank did not get engine damaged.
what was this change about anyway? wasnt around when it got implemented. heard it was supposed to lower the chance of engine dmg?

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 10:16:48 am »

vcoh gave stickies a 0.5 deflection modifier in the patch, so we just copied that over.

stickies have a base 1.5 pen modifier tho so the chance to deflect is 25%
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 10:20:43 am »

the under lying problem is that rifles are the only unit in the game that need to gain vet to make an upgrade useful. the only unit you could compare is maybe the tiger ace which now gets its upgrades with vet or how ever that works.

vet two stickies are worth the 60mu, vet 0-1 stickies imo would be worth 30mu.

what would happen if we made fausts have the same range as vet 0 stickies until the volks got to vet 2?

fausts have undergone so many changes because they are so incredibly useful and have many many times been considered OP. stickies i dont think that has ever been a problem, mostly because they are UP, but OP or maybe actually balanced at vet 2. people learned, only get stickies on vet 2 rifles.

with vet requirements increased this puts the gap bigger, because it becomes harder to get vet 2.

the problem with the croc company was that my company was only as good as the amount of vet 2 rifles i had.

I propose this, right now this is where stickies lie.

60mu for 3x uses, gren grenade range at vet 0-1, faust range at vet 2.

I propose:

60mu for 2x uses, and they have vet 2 range, when rifles get to vet 2 they get a third use (in reality, there probably isn't too high of a chance of using all 3)

or

30mu for 1x use, with the current vet 0-1 range, increase to 2x uses at vet 2. (this way they are cheap enough to get on two squads, but have that terrible range, but at least you can attempt a flank if you want to use them offensively.

I think it's really needed, as said, you really shouldnt be using stickies the way that aero is trying to use them, but they could certainly use a good change.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc