Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 05:55:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XP/PP Grind  (Read 8388 times)
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 10:38:05 am »

+1 Rainbows.

Cerebration is hard, so the most people are just adjudicating.
(Denken ist schwer, darum urteilen die meisten.)

9th Armoured Engineers
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 10:43:15 am »

Sorry rainbows, eirr is not coh. And eirr is an mmo as COHO was.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 10:50:20 am »

It kinda does in this mod though

P.S. starting off like this only makes people annoyed at you, go look at vermillion for example

Actually what Rainbow is saying makes sense and it's really just you being a gigantic dick towards him for no apparent reason.

Don't you have personal business to take care of? I thought you left anyways.

@Rainbow I'm suprises the Xp/PP grind system was the first thing that got on your nerves, instead of the constant stomping and stacking. But what Leo said is correct, a new grindless system is coming alongside the warmup hopefully.

And to compliment you, your posts are NOWHERE NEAR as annoying as VermillonHawks are, I find Schmitd calling you the new VH just absurd.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 11:02:42 am »

xp gain is fine,you can get lv9 coy in about 20 games,only pp gain could be a bit more,so you dont have to play another 10 games for complete unlocks. But tbh. after you stick a while in a mod,it's rly not a problem,you can get most of the stuff you want to lv9 and enjoy building coy,you new guys dont know what is grind. I still remember not so long ago,when you needed like 50games to level coy to lv9,and you had to buy vet. etc etc. That were rough times :p
TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 11:28:09 am »

I think for new guys the learning curve in battles, and in spending their pps is brutal.  The ability to not be able to switch Tiers and advantages (maybe even docs) once you've earned the pps discourages a lot of new people from sticking with the mod.

Given the fact we wipe every so often anyway and this is supposed to be like a beta test phase of the mod (which may never end), why not let people switch more easily? 

Im glad you can at least switch within your own selected doc now, unlike the old days.  But to allow changing tiers and not advantages doesnt make sense.
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 11:33:08 am »

I think that's a really good idea, actually, and I would love to see that implemented if it weren't for the changes already planned. It would make the grinding a lot less frustrating/tedious without removing it completely.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 11:41:13 am »

I think that's a really good idea, actually, and I would love to see that implemented if it weren't for the changes already planned. It would make the grinding a lot less frustrating/tedious without removing it completely.

wait...

... having an idea and implement sth arent two thinks u immediately do at the same time. if i say lets change the mod in this or that direction, its not my decision. so u got the idea, u can tell us the idea, we can discuss the idea

but its not ur or my decision if this or that gets in the mod. the devs will see if they wanna add or not add ur idea!

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Rainbows Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 11:51:17 am »

TheArea gave his idea for how to improve the system, and I said I thought that was a great idea. I think you're looking into my post a bit too much.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 11:55:23 am »

Grinding is tough, take it from someone who has played for years and can really only get a few games in a week but like someone said earlier, if you're losing alot it gets tough.

There used to be a system in where if you played a higher level player, you'd earn more pp's (Lvl 1 vs lvl 9 would get like 20+ and lvl 9 would get 10 or so)

there is a new system in works where you will earn PP's(xp too?) as the war progresses and there is a cap (which will suck cuz if u play a lot u earn nothing) but it ssupposed to be better.

btw, Welcome rainbow, liking you already bud, can't wait to see you in game.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 12:01:36 pm »

Hamsterwheels are good for games where you PAY for the content, but it accomplishes nothing here. Camping for drops etc is meant to be a time sink, is EIRR's economic model tied to a theory that time invested in playing in it equals donations?

Imo 10 games win/lose (not drops) should be max for everything. Being low level in EIRR is only fun when you are facing equally low level companies.

I think a lot of Rainbow's criticism of the grind is spot on, particularly the part about there being no upside to the grind.

That said there are plenty of reasons why we keep a small small % of joining players, and this is probably not the biggest factor.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:22:44 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 01:18:50 pm »

I definitely like that you don't just start with everything in a doctrine but I would not mind at all if the number of losses required to hit lvl 9 was reduced. When you win the leveling goes fine but as a new guy you will typically face games you have no chance in so increasing what you get xp and pp from a loss seems like an easy way to improve the system.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 03:17:02 pm »

When you win the leveling goes fine but as a new guy you will typically face games you have no chance in so increasing what you get xp and pp from a loss seems like an easy way to improve the system.

Hence what i have been saying all along. Not removing the grind, but making it fun or at least a better reason for it.

Fuck why not just give out 1-2 reward points every game played, things get tested. Newbies can have their fun, and try shit out.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 03:19:57 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 03:21:37 pm »

Fuck why not just give out 1-2 reward points every game played, things get tested. Newbies can have their fun, and try shit out.

30 wasnt enough for you?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 03:25:02 pm »

30 wasnt enough for you?

was for me, but i was just tossing out ways to make grind easier/better without changing it
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 04:06:49 pm »

Actually I think the XP/PP grind we have right now is hardly anything. It usually takes me almost always 24 games (I think) to reach level 9 and not too many more to hit maximum company strength.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 04:31:50 pm »

Hah... whats more stupid is the fact that you have to pay to revert back to stuff you already unlocked once...
If you want to talk pointless grinding, that's the absolute worst part.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 06:52:38 pm »

i wish you could all or at least some of the PP you spend if you "refund" your doctrine choice, as of now getting a huge zero sux
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 11:18:17 pm »

There was a reason people stopped playing EIR when everyone was offered a level 9 account. Persistency and progression are tied into the grind, removing the grind can have significant impacts on the player.

We may not like the grind but we enjoy the feeling of progressing. Best way to explain
This without gettin into detail is how most people feel about a game
Once cheats are introduced. Most are likely to get bored quicker. Take the grind away and players will get bored quicker.

Not saying it can't be reduced or modified, but any such changed must be mindful of the points above.

Common sense is not so common after all.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2012, 12:08:52 am »

if it took you few games to get to lv9,ofcourse it would be boring quite fast. On 2-4 weeks you could more or less have every coy at lv9. I know that I enjoyed playing some coy's,got em to lv9,and then kinda lost interest when I got there,lol
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 02:33:36 am »

Hah... whats more stupid is the fact that you have to pay to revert back to stuff you already unlocked once...
If you want to talk pointless grinding, that's the absolute worst part.

yea good point! u are forced to play one doc unlock until u get enough pp to change or revert it
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc