Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 12:32:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[July 04, 2024, 11:19:41 am]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COH: Modern Combat Release!  (Read 12887 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2012, 03:06:01 pm »

awesome, can't wait to get hoem to play. with a new BK release coming up, BoTB release, epic month for CoH mods. Now we just need EiRR to step up and take back the crown Wink

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2012, 03:28:30 pm »

I thought BoTB has been dead for like 2 years. Fkin A, its not! Whee. BK...meh, I played a bit and wasn't ticked. I'm eager to see the glorious OP thats modern combat though.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 06:35:29 pm »

It's quite possibly one of the best RTS I have played in a long time. I don't know why you have so much hate for it.

Probably because he is terrible at it. Controls are simple to use, game is intuitive. Not sure how JSTEK has problems. Probably got ambushed and destroyed.

WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2012, 06:48:55 pm »

What's up with your signature AmPM?

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 08:06:56 pm »

Probably because he is terrible at it. Controls are simple to use, game is intuitive. Not sure how JSTEK has problems. Probably got ambushed and destroyed.

Lolz, Your telling me the camera controls and other HUD controls are using the industry standard configurations. 

So changing your key bindings and mouse bindings to keys, that I ask isn't an standard standard.  Granted the zoom out ect is great.

But FFS the mouse wheel button is for rotation and pitch control?!?  Which no options to change the configuration to a key.  How hard to make it so you can configure all the hotkeys in the game.  Thats isnt a standard in games?

The game, isnt bad.  The game fails at the VERY BASICS of what should be in ANY GAME which makes it bad.

AMPM i feel your one of those review trolls that will give a game a good review if someone slips you $20 bucks... (Which is what happens to all the mainstream review folks now days)

The game could be improved 100 fold if it just implement the basics that are seen in every game.  Why you dont see that, well, i guess is cause your a freak! Smiley
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 08:43:27 pm »

So changing your key bindings and mouse bindings to keys, that I ask isn't an standard standard.  Granted the zoom out ect is great.

Umm, thats rts standard is it not?

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2012, 08:48:02 pm »

Lolz, Your telling me the camera controls and other HUD controls are using the industry standard configurations. 

But FFS the mouse wheel button is for rotation and pitch control?!?  Which no options to change the configuration to a key.  How hard to make it so you can configure all the hotkeys in the game.  Thats isnt a standard in games?

The game, isnt bad.  The game fails at the VERY BASICS of what should be in ANY GAME which makes it bad.

AMPM i feel your one of those review trolls that will give a game a good review if someone slips you $20 bucks... (Which is what happens to all the mainstream review folks now days)

The game could be improved 100 fold if it just implement the basics that are seen in every game.  Why you dont see that, well, i guess is cause your a freak! Smiley

Could you rewrite this in comprehensible English kthxbai

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2012, 08:51:13 pm »

You can literally play with just the mouse.

Not sure how middle mouse is tricky for rotation either. In fact, CoH has much clunkier controls. What other things do you have complaints about?

My only complaint is it doesn't feel hectic enough and I can play without getting the "oh shit" feeling.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2012, 09:34:11 pm »

Complaints.

All my units use the American Speech files from vCoH.
It feels like vCoH with a Modern Skin. Some units are new and have different stats but it feels rehashed. There is nothing innovative in the Tech trees. They merely swapped some things from American and wehrmacht to USA and China.
(I Can't Right click on reinforce for Auto reinforce-oh DoW2)
The Company choices are... bland. While alot of work was put into visuals and mechanics it just seems like alot of the depth to a game isn't there.

Compliments.
The Javelin is fantastic, both aesthetically pleasing and fits into the faction role nicely.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2012, 11:09:11 pm »

Now all they have to do is put this mod into an EIRR like format.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 06:51:15 am »

yea,doctrine choices are kinda meh...
play vs hard AI,it's fucking tough,played 2x times in a row with friend and god crushed,seems AI gets insane amounts of resources,so if you play low fuel map,he just starts to spam tanks and vehicles out of nowhere. But it's okay,challenging. Need to play vs humans to.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 09:43:00 am »

yea,doctrine choices are kinda meh...
play vs hard AI,it's fucking tough,played 2x times in a row with friend and god crushed,seems AI gets insane amounts of resources,so if you play low fuel map,he just starts to spam tanks and vehicles out of nowhere. But it's okay,challenging. Need to play vs humans to.

play as chinese and spam atgs.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 10:14:26 am »

played vs humans 2 games,won 1,lost 1(chinesse mannaged to get few arty pieces which can deal with your javelin teams + they got shit load of vehicles again to deal with ours) after bloody fight we lost.
Armor doctrine kinda seems lacking.
Green berets also seem wors than normal rifleman,almost twice expensive to reinforce but dont do much.
But it's fun to play for now.
I hope they will put more maps in soon + maybe add 2 more factions later on .
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 10:17:47 am »

I can't believe you are bitching over something so small. Oh boo hoo a button doesn't do what you want it to do, the game sucks now  Roll Eyes
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2012, 10:23:08 am »

I can't believe you are bitching over something so small. Oh boo hoo a button doesn't do what you want it to do, the game sucks now  Roll Eyes

Its Jstek, he probably got owned.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2012, 10:23:33 am »

Gave it a quick spin on Skirmish to get a feel for it.

It does indeed have quite the vCoH feeling to it, but with a bit less of the Allies are lolwutcannonfodder.

Hell, the Humvee (Jeep equiv) is actually useful beyond sniper hunting when ya upgrade it.

Seems like a pretty decent mod, I need some people to give it a proper go with though.

On a last note, the Airborne doctrine is fun, having a dual purpose strafe/AT run, but the Apache doesn't seem to be able to be called in without a target unless it was just derping on me. Also, the US Sniper has a curious little bug... If you put it in camo, you can move it around without it decloaking - including out of cover.

The M203's are like infantry held GMC's. Makes me happy.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2012, 10:35:19 am »

you call Apache in your territory and he sits there on a spot for some time,he is quite devastating to vehicles,those non tank die in 2 hits.
Animation when blackhawk comes and troops drop from him is awesome.
Just 'hate' striker and some other vehicles pathing,they tend to go 'retard mode' when you want to retreat with em.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2012, 10:45:13 am »

RPG's are sexy every other shot will nail an enemy infantry, give them the second rpg upgrade and run 2-3 squads of them and your golden
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2012, 10:58:53 am »

now lets wait till someone makes some more modern skins for them!
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2012, 11:09:32 am »

Yeah, found that out the hard way Spartan. Only way to deal with that is multiple MG's and a mortar carrier but you've gotta see that shit coming and plan for it.

The accuracy against inf is still silly whichever way you look at it, I had Green Berets in green cover getting sniped away.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc