Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:19:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Alert  (Read 14030 times)
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« on: March 12, 2012, 03:15:58 pm »

This is literally the Catalyst:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpLLq6WEDNo

ADDED:

Garrus lived so who cares?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:21:39 pm by 3rdCondor » Logged

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 03:45:15 pm »

I'd like to be the resident asshole who jumps in with the obligatory "Shepard dies, and all the endings are essentially the same" post.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 03:48:23 pm »

I'd like to be the resident asshole who jumps in with the obligatory "Shepard dies, and all the endings are essentially the same" post.

lol if Heartmann reads this he's gonna explode.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 05:15:13 pm »

All the endings are the same, none of them really solve the problem they just put it off untill a later day. Lame ending

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 10:07:51 pm »

Yeah, the ending was pretty fucking dumb but after contemplating it with others it isn't that horrible. I do think another more heroic option should have been available.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 11:15:51 pm »

Yeah, the ending was pretty fucking dumb but after contemplating it with others it isn't that horrible. I do think another more heroic option should have been available.

It's not simply the fact that the ending alone was bad, but more the fact that, up until this point, Bioware had been leading up to this epic confrontation with the Reapers where all your choices from all the games have at least a little impact on the outcome. Therefore, it's like a triple-bitch slap to the face when you realize Bioware took the easy way out, and gave you what is essentially a glorified Hobson's choice after three games of what you thought were relatively meaningful decisions.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 12:17:02 am »

Don't quite understand why blue lights marked controlling the reapers and red lights marked destroying them. Hopefully that was just for aethstetic looks and not paragon and renegade. It would piss me off considering Ive been a goody two shoes (Except for punching the reporter and quarian male general in the stomach, shooting the Illusive Man, and one other renegade action I did which I forget.) for most of the game and I unknowingly picked the option to destroy the reapers which was renegade.

Ah well, game was fun, ending sucked balls.
Time to download the music.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 01:16:37 am »

Noob don't even understand the endings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYgr1rqEec

To put it bluntly, was it actually the ending?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:26:27 am by Akranadas » Logged
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 05:44:14 am »

are the endings worse than the Dues Ex endings?

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 06:18:30 am »

Ending is only bad because you don't see what your decisions did in the greater scheme of things. However, there is evidence that those "endings" are nothing more than an indoctrination attempt by harbinger
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 06:51:15 am »

Hope ur talking about the Human Revolution endings cuz the endings in the original Deus Ex was pretty bad ass.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 06:52:38 am »

Hope ur talking about the Human Revolution endings cuz the endings in the original Deus Ex was pretty bad ass.

you shouldnt even have to ask that question tbh.
Zamochit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 08:31:04 am »

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Endings
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 08:33:41 am »

Noob don't even understand the endings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYgr1rqEec

To put it bluntly, was it actually the ending?

Goddamnit Bioware. It does make kinda make sense though. Like why was the catalyst a child and such.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 02:07:52 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgI2ZQVyrBo

!#(=%&¤"(!%&?)#/&!#¤&½?`¤/&`=½/"¤#`&=/#`¤/&½=`¤#&

FUUUUUUUU BIO WARE!!!

Gaaa....

*soo pissed off*

3 games, so many hours wasted.... well my own fing fault, escapism never really meant to produce anything useful at least i didnt spend any cash on the things then id be out for blood tbfh!!

Jesus H CRIST!!! I mean really? What kinda lame ass moral are they trying to give us, in dire time we have to become jesus, hitler or emo...

I mean the sacrifice yourself so everyone can live is so messiah complex that i wanna rip out my eyes, and the genocide of all AI is as bad and then the fing forever alone part where you are just apart of the machine, not dead but not really alive, just floating along with the fuckers, .... FFS!!!

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 02:27:39 pm »

Ending is only bad because you don't see what your decisions did in the greater scheme of things. However, there is evidence that those "endings" are nothing more than an indoctrination attempt by harbinger

This evidence is as convincing as a EIRR patch date claim, face up to it, Bioware isn't the same company that produced Baldurs Gate after EA gets in control.

I feel for you heartmann. I imported my 100% saves from ME1 and ME2 and managed a awesome amount of stuff in ME3 and it gave me no closure. Even dragon age had more closure.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 02:53:25 pm »

Yea

i did 100 procent on 1 and 2
and did all i could in Me 3 short of increasing readiness shit that needed multi and other fing shiet
and that is what i get? A flacid dick up me fucking nose with a tag saying
*wake up and smell the hummus*
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 04:41:06 pm »

Let's hope the DLC will clear things up.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 09:47:57 pm »

Let's hope the DLC will clear things up.

And that is why Bioware and the modern gaming industry is on a slow downward spiral on the consumer end of things.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 10:01:23 pm »

The big problem is that production costs for games have gone WAY up. Yet people bitch about price increases of for instance, 40 to 60$.

A game should cost 100$ easily if it's of the size of mass effect. What other entertainment product of comparable cost do humans enjoy that cost as much to produce yet they expect to pay as little for?

A new cinema movie in norway, if you go to the movies or a theater, you pay around 20$ for. That is a acceptable sum for roughly 2 hours of entertainment. Even if the movie is pretty bad.

However mass effect 3  easily gives you 30 hours of entertainment in ONE run. The $ per hour is low. You like some parts more than other, and minute 450 to 523 might feel less valuable to you than minute 700 to 1050, but you're still there spending the time on it and thats the most effective measure.

A montly spotify membership (music service)is around 20-30$ a month which gives you unlimited music on demand from a cloud. Compare that to a computer game, compare a computer game to a movie.

If game producers could trust a 100-150$ game to sell they could take stuff like story and the art-like qualities of a computer game much more serious. You would get very professional job.

But at low prices compared to the production costs, the risk has to be reduced. Companies need to cater to the lowest common denominator.  It needs to be "safe".

There's also the fact that people who play videogames of this type (extensive single player campaigns) aren't the most vocal or punishing type of customer. Neither are they culturally powerful. If mass effect 4 comes they will all buy it.

Reviewing for computer games is also a weak industry. Professional writers hardly play a game to it's end and they're also the lapdogs of the big producers like EA. If they criticise a game like MW3, they get blacklisted.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:04:34 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc