Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:25:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[October 02, 2024, 01:14:57 pm]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Alert  (Read 14046 times)
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 10:05:54 pm »

That is very true and while I mostly agree, I still dislike the micropayments as opposed to receiving a finished, whole product, no matter the cost.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:07:38 pm by Vermillion_Hawk » Logged

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 10:08:51 pm »

Meh I don't mind DLC. I bought all of Mass Effect 2's dlc
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 10:15:29 pm »

That is very true and while I mostly agree, I still dislike the micropayments as opposed to receiving a finished, whole product, no matter the cost.

I'm with you vermillion - but I think game companies have researched this, and found out that its easier to make people commit to a choice they already have made - lets call this choice "50 dollars" + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 than to get them to pay 90$ up fornt. It's the only reason I can see why DLC is starting to become the norm.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 10:24:19 pm »

Yes, it's a tactic already employed elsewhere to get people to think they are paying less for more and unfortunately it seems it is rearing it's ugly head in the video game market. It is to be expected though, with video games being such a lucrative business these days.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 10:35:16 pm »

DLC's are a tool, nothing more.

Some games like Fallout 3 have done it right, and made me happy and glad i spent that 10 bucks

others make me want to burn the companies devs at the stake

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 11:06:15 pm »

Yes, it's a tactic already employed elsewhere to get people to think they are paying less for more and unfortunately it seems it is rearing it's ugly head in the video game market. It is to be expected though, with video games being such a lucrative business these days.

Cue buying things on credit!

My hope is that EA at least sees the opportunity to make money off this - apparently fans have gathered 20.000$ and more to give to charity in the name of getting a better ending to mass effect 3.

That proves that there is a motivation here that's at least solid, although the size of it remains to be disputed. A motivation to attain a very specific content.

The downside is that it won't save any face for the writer - a small sacrifice in my opinion. I sincerly doubt just because one person is the responsible writer he's even 50% in charge of something that decides whether or not people buy DLC to the game or whether people expect a new title to a series.

It's kind of exciting - not more than 10 days I think have passed, and there's been literally no official word from Bioware and EA. What a fear inducing tight ship they must run.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995452-mass-effect-3/62230265

If what's being postulated here is proven to be true, it will go viral fast I think. Check out one of the post's for a extended audio clip of Anderson and Shep at the end that was cut from the game. (Femshep)
seanconnery Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 01:40:31 am »

the endings better have been indoctrination or this trilogy was the biggest fail ever in gaming history.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 02:33:48 am »

The ending better have, to much stuff was just wrong...

- Why are my cybernetic scars back all of a sudden?
- Why was my uniform/armor changed?
- How the heck did anderson get ahead of me, I'm not buying the "Teleporting ahead" as it was said to be an elevator of sorts
- How the fuck was the illusive man possible to talk down?
- Wait, this kid (Shepards nightmare kid) is the core, really?
- Why is my shepard taking all he says at face value, shepard really never was an easy person to fool
- "Control" is highlighted as paragon, Destroy is highlighted as renegade with the whole game saying otherwise until that point
- The neutral choice being synthesis... sounding suspiciously like indoctrination

See, say what you want about bioware these days, I doubt they would fuck up this much unless it was intentional.

Still, the tell really is the fact that shepard survives the "Destroy" ending and wakes up in london, all this can really mean is the fact that what the kid said in regards to all synthetics dying was total bullshit. For one, all synthetics dying would mean that all technology, everywere would have to be destroyed as geth are contained in servers rather than just their bodies.

I'm honestly not all to mad if this turns out to be true because... well...

Well Trolled Bioware, Well Trolled Indeed!

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
seanconnery Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 02:38:18 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_A7SeawU4
pretty good explanation about how most people feel about me3 ending
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 03:54:04 am »

Related too

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:29:09 am by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 07:25:34 am »

If game producers could trust a 100-150$ game to sell they could take stuff like story and the art-like qualities of a computer game much more serious. You would get very professional job.

Clearly you don't live in reality.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 11:28:19 am »

DLC's are a tool, nothing more.

Some games like Fallout 3 have done it right, and made me happy and glad i spent that 10 bucks

others make me want to burn the companies devs at the stake

i agree, fallout 3 and fallout new vegas did it right, while other companies are kinda meh.

well the me2 dlc were real nice, where it goes sour is when there are dlc to add things that should've already been in or released as patches, but adding new maps, units, game-modes, and other stuff that used to only community created but are now getting a professional touch are nice.

Now, you all know that this used to be called "expansion packs" but are now called "DLC", it's the same thing, and one of the first companies I remember doing it is Westwood with C&C Gold.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 11:34:32 am »

It's not really the same thing...

Expansion packs generally had a way, WAY better content to $ ratio than DLC does, even the good DLC is still more expensive than what you used to get in expansion packs. Most of the time anyway.
To be fair PC expansions arent exactly dead, hell, even EA put out expansions for the C&C games and "Fall of the samurai" is basically a standalone expansion for Shogun.
Ezekiel Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 11:36:31 am »

The Reapers are Anti-Spirals?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2012, 12:09:30 pm »

Clearly you don't live in reality.

Clearly you need to elaborate?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2012, 12:54:38 pm »

It's not really the same thing...

Expansion packs generally had a way, WAY better content to $ ratio than DLC does, even the good DLC is still more expensive than what you used to get in expansion packs. Most of the time anyway.
To be fair PC expansions arent exactly dead, hell, even EA put out expansions for the C&C games and "Fall of the samurai" is basically a standalone expansion for Shogun.

yeah...they were the same thing.

Take um, Aftermath, cost $29.99, and it gave you a few missions and a couple new units, the other was one about 24.99 and barely gave you anything.

and let's see...Mass Effect 3 DLC
you get a new character, you get 2 new powers you can use for your shepard, a whole new story, new mission, new dialogue options woven into the fabric of the game, (from the character and other characters, take the Hanar getting excited over the Prothean part, it was cool) and it's only $10? lol 10 years ago it would'e been $20-30 for all of that.

We're so spoiled now and for no good reason. We're getting some of the best games in the history of gaming and we whine when things dont go the way we thought.

I can't wait 'til I finish so I can see what all the fuss is about.

the dlc added nothing i could really care about. to be honest, i feel like i wasted my money...except for the N7 weapons and then the Argus Sniper Rifle killed all that and it was free lol.

could care less about the soundtrack, although the art book is nice.

more DLC is coming and I think the next ME may have james vega as the main, could be fun.

or i hope its james anderson back in the day.

anyawy i love me3
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:03:48 pm by Tymathee » Logged
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2012, 01:53:43 pm »

Clearly you need to elaborate?

If game developers can trust a game to sell at such insane prices there's no need for them to make the game better and they most likely wont.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2012, 03:22:54 pm »

yeah...they were the same thing.

Take um, Aftermath, cost $29.99, and it gave you a few missions and a couple new units, the other was one about 24.99 and barely gave you anything.

and let's see...Mass Effect 3 DLC
you get a new character, you get 2 new powers you can use for your shepard, a whole new story, new mission, new dialogue options woven into the fabric of the game, (from the character and other characters, take the Hanar getting excited over the Prothean part, it was cool) and it's only $10? lol 10 years ago it would'e been $20-30 for all of that.
Since I bought the majority of the C&C series many years after it first came out I am going to assume that price on aftermath is right.

But, its not exactly a fair comparison. Games quality has gotten alot better so it makes sense that additional content for the game should be better. And, not to mention the ME3 DLC came out the exact day the game came out. Instead of giving us a good worth of our 60$ for the game they instead decide to give out a lowblow by having additional content you have to pay for on the same freaking day. And not to mention this trolololol of a ending we are supposedly getting.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:32:43 pm by DarkSoldierX » Logged

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2012, 03:35:39 pm »

lmao and people forget that the DLC for that one merc game out the same day as Me2 as well, no one bitched there.

Oh and what about paying $20 just to find out who the shadow broker is, which is HUGE in Me3 cuz it's liara and Kasumi is in ME3 as a character, which is also a DLC and other weapons you pick up.

the only reason people are upset about the day 1 dlc is cuz hes a prothean, they shouldve just made him an un-indoctrinated collector and people wouldn't have whined so much.

if I have to go on a suicide mission again, im sending Javik to die, he's a dick and really adds nothing.

I would've loved to have a mission where you get a distress call and have to save one of your old beloved squadmates.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2012, 04:37:16 pm »

Well im sure you'd be a dick too if you entire race was wiped out excluding you.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc