Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 01:20:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WH] Puma  (Read 7919 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: March 21, 2012, 09:13:00 am »

How come Puma is 9 pool? Both variants are 9 pool. Is it worth this much pool?

Resource wise it is in good balance when thinking its effectiveness vs cost.

I hereby suggest this.

A Fully increased Line of Sight for the puma to match one of a Bike. We're talking about a big fat Recon unit without any ability to harm vehicles but ability to haras enemy infantry and chase after snipers. Aka fat better damage output Scout. This is for the Puma 20mm. I believe it'd be more useful and would be able to sustain more damage than a jeep but still all the regular weaknesses of a puma is applied.

On a further notice. There are only few Doctrine abilities that boost Puma's effectiveness and they mostly offer them more speed or 10% less recieved damage/accuracy. With one exception of Terror pumas being different.

With this extra line of sight. Puma could be used in recon, scouting, and harshing the enemy without it driving into a blind death. On a further notice this thing is also 6 pop. Aka worth 2 bikes which can put a decent damage burst when paired- also it costs more resources than the two bikes therefore I do not see much of a balance issue right there. Also with this extra LoS it could be used to possibly kite- even if its pathing is what it is.

Discuss.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:24:52 pm by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 02:05:28 pm »

As most Puma threads have been more or less about the unit itself I'm arising its high pool cost as an issue. But it appears that SOME people Agree that Puma does not deserve this much of a pool

Mods your answers please.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 02:44:54 am »

I hereby suggest this.

A Fully increased Line of Sight for the puma to match one of a Bike. We're talking about a big fat Recon unit without any ability to harm vehicles but ability to haras enemy infantry and chase after snipers. Aka fat better damage output Scout. This is for the Puma 20mm. I believe it'd be more useful and would be able to sustain more damage than a jeep but still all the regular weaknesses of a puma is applied.

On a further notice. There are only few Doctrine abilities that boost Puma's effectiveness and they mostly offer them more speed or 10% less recieved damage/accuracy. With one exception of Terror pumas being different.

With this extra line of sight. Puma could be used in recon, scouting, and harshing the enemy without it driving into a blind death. On a further notice this thing is also 6 pop. Aka worth 2 bikes which can put a decent damage burst when paired- also it costs more resources than the two bikes therefore I do not see much of a balance issue right there. Also with this extra LoS it could be used to possibly kite- even if its pathing is what it is.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 09:18:19 am »

and instead of giving the puma 55 sight like a bike, how bout 42.5 sight, its long enough that it can snipe but not too long that it can act like a bike.

or u can use it to support support weapons from being flanked and allow it to see farther.

This wouldn't be bad but I'd improve it even further. When on the move 42.5 sight but when standing still it increases to 50 or something.Allows it to be both mobile and immobile recon unit.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 11:26:48 am »

Either way the Pool has to come down, its way too high for the 2cm. It'd still be too high if it was a recon unit too.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 12:13:02 am »

Ummm...Grenadiers are NOT the counter to a dedicated ANTI INFANTRY platform. Use a P4, Ostwind, ATG instead....

And yea, the Puma needs a Pop decrease or an ability increase.

Not a population decrease, just a pool decrease.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 10:15:24 am »

Alright chaps, take yer whining and complaining AND fighting to somewhere else, try PMs or Ventrilo instead of a balance discussion.

This post can be removed once a mod shows balance Wink

Heres a idea. Some mod clean up the thread from useless non-contributing posts to reduce the post ammount to the useful posts made by people who have contributed their concerns.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 11:35:12 am »

Heres a idea. Some mod clean up the thread from useless non-contributing posts to reduce the post ammount to the useful posts made by people who have contributed their concerns.

Done.
If it goes off topic or a bitch fest starts, it gets locked.

Let's talk about the Puma please.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 11:49:28 am »

Done.
If it goes off topic or a bitch fest starts, it gets locked.

Let's talk about the Puma please.

you know what, i discussed viable options for the puma that were deleted, why is only nightrain the only posts here.

btw, just to help out, here are all the other threads i was talking about that discussed this.

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=21375.0
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19317.0
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=21723.0
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19111.0
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=22457.0
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:51:38 am by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 12:32:34 pm »

I don't see how the pool cost is a problem because WM have so few vehicles. The problem with the puma and the flammenwerfer is not that you can't have many of them, because you can have many of them. I don't see how you would run out of pool except if you have more than 20 halftracks, which would be about as pointless as having 30 bikes in your company.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 02:30:21 pm »

Please keep on topic
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 02:36:37 pm »

Could increase pen on the 20mm, make it good vs LVs and infantry, then give the 50mm modifiers vs TD/Med and such to provide a mobile counter.

Gives each a role that befits their costs.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 02:40:19 pm »

Could increase pen on the 20mm, make it good vs LVs and infantry, then give the 50mm modifiers vs TD/Med and such to provide a mobile counter.

While i could accept this i just want to ask why the armored car for PE is so much better i mean same gun right? so shouldn't performance be identical or at least not such a disparity.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:43:59 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 02:47:15 pm »

Eh Voila. M8 is useless now.

9th Armoured Engineers
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 04:41:31 pm »

Not really, M8 would have a better main gun than 20mm and better AI than the 50mm while maintaining things like mines.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 05:42:14 pm »

While i could accept this i just want to ask why the armored car for PE is so much better i mean same gun right? so shouldn't performance be identical or at least not such a disparity.

First of all the PE armored car is more mobile and has flank speed. It is also surrounded by an entire faction of vehicles, so it can be used in an entirely different way.

Let me take an example scenario: You have a scout car HMG42 and an Armored Car. A 57mm is shooting at you, the Scout Car is suppressing all the American infantry so the 57mm will of course focus his fire on the SC to kill it asap. This allows the AC to either go around and kill the 57mm or kill most of the infantry. You can't do that with a Puma and an HMG42 or whatever slow support weapons you have you're not going to be able to support it the same way.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 10:43:29 pm »

Eh Voila. M8 is useless now.

The upgun puma is supposed to be the answer to the m8.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 07:44:48 am »

Bring back Jinker and +10 range for puma at vet 3.

M8 gets the double mine at vet 2, which imo, is really powerful. (M8 mine is close to demo vs inf)

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 08:10:51 am »

The upgun puma is supposed to be the answer to the m8.

I imagine that the discussed increased penetration of the 20mm makes the upgun unnecessary.

Bring back Jinker and +10 range for puma at vet 3.

M8 gets the double mine at vet 2, which imo, is really powerful. (M8 mine is close to demo vs inf)

+ 2x the possibility to nearly instagib a Puma.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 10:23:01 am »

I imagine that the discussed increased penetration of the 20mm makes the upgun unnecessary.

AmPm suggested that 50mm would be used more as a medium tank killer by giving modifiers vs M10 armor and Sherman armor or along those lines.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc