Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:48:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The mechanism/mircale about mortar smoke  (Read 2888 times)
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« on: March 23, 2012, 11:53:41 am »

The last few games i try to use the infantry + motar smoke combo for flanking a position which is covered by a HMG or other stuff.
Sometimes this works very well, but in 2 of 3 cases my infantry gets suppressed by the first HMG volley. (And sometimes nothing can stop
my infantry)

So my question is, how does the smoke work -
Is is necessary to stand right in the smoke mist, or can i walk behind a smoke barrage? Before the wipe i made a lot of experiments with
the Marines+Engineer Combo for surprising flanks. Sometimes i throwed the grenades right at my Target (HMG), sometimes i throwed it
just in front of my infantry but the results were so different that i can't say what was the right for doing it in the best way.

It would be really cool if someone could explain me the mircale about smoke cover.

9th Armoured Engineers
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 11:59:20 am »

You have to be either in the smoke, or have the smoke between you and the target.

Also, if even one man is not within or behind the radius of the smoke then he's liable to get suppressed and the whole squad gets it.

Rule of thumb, smoke first, then attack. Don't smoke and attack at the same time. If they get the hint and pack up as soon as the smoke drops you've accomplished what you wanted anyhow - The MG pointed in another direction.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:17:09 pm »

Also, if even one man is not within or behind the radius of the smoke then he's liable to get suppressed and the whole squad gets it.

Yeah, i noticed this already. Normaly Rifleman can't be suppressed with a HMG while they are staying in green cover, but in the most cases
there is one idiot in this Squad who runs in circle around the cover or stays in the middle of nowhere. (negative cover)
The reason for it are the functions which are used for getting the actual cover status of a squad. I guess if that request fails the Squad
gets suppressed.

"Returns the percentage of the SGroup members that are in cover. Alternatively, specify ANY or ALL as a second parameter to return true/false."

Rule of thumb, smoke first, then attack. Don't smoke and attack at the same time. If they get the hint and pack up as soon as the smoke drops you've accomplished what you wanted anyhow - The MG pointed in another direction.

It's funny to watch Infantry Commanders who let there full infatry run straight into a HMG and using the Captain Smoke Barrage while the whole blob
is already suppressed.  Cheesy

Maybe i paid not enough attention and one dumb squad member was in negative cover. I will monitor this in the future more detailed.
Are there other tricks for a sucessful smoke covered attack?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 12:34:37 pm »

Yeah, you can also try diversion tactics. Drop the smoke in the complete opposite direction to where you want to come from, as long as it appears to be a realistic direction you could advance for.

Also, flamethrowers. Flamethrowers and smoke make for lots of grilled huns.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 12:49:03 pm »

I like to use the Assualt Engineers for wiping out key support vehicle which stopping my/our advance. Sometimes i get lucky and they had
up to twenty kills on them!  Smiley

But it's sobered that the M12 Trenchgun is effected by the Smoke and lose -75% of it's Accuracy. But the "Combat Engineers" T2 ("-15% Received Accuracy while Moving) the not existent accuracy loss while moving of the gun and the 100% basic accuracy at short range of the gun + the elite armour makes them quite surviable and solid for these attack. Maybe i could combine it with the "Superior Logistic" T2 for +20% extra accuracy for Infantry... .

At least i noticed that the veterancy two is really important for them. (-15% Received Surpession and +15% Accuracy)
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 01:01:25 pm »

Also, flamethrowers. Flamethrowers and smoke make for lots of grilled huns.

My speciality. Volskinator can vouch for that.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc