Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 01:25:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Increase pen on p4  (Read 24671 times)
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2012, 01:54:54 pm »

Who the fuck would fight a Sherman with a p4???
A stupid one... Get a pak to support and easy win. Same fOr allies. This Game is about combined forces and Not about singel units beating the shit Out of each other...

I use the p4 to kill inf and support weapons. Maybe lv's

What you can do is to bring some more "meat" in a bigger fight with a p4 but not more.
Same for Sherman or have you ever tried to kill a Panther with him?
No you distract him with a Sherman but kill him m10s or atgs.

My opinion

~Nijo~

i kind of agree with this. ive seen p4s kick ass, especially inf ass. And in groups they can take down like anything. By its lonely self... it will get owned. Its a medium tank. I think Sherman is fucking pointless as well. It gets its ass shreked so easily. Owned by a majority of axis tanks. 75 barely dents LVs never mind tanks. And 76 looses a good amount of splash. 12 pop and shit load of resources for something that may not cause any damage at all. Thus is the gamble of middle of the road. I hope the m10 remains the same. Glass cannon. And m18 no more nerfs.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2012, 02:22:55 pm »

i think if you do this Removal of crush or slowing crush,  what happens when someone blocks you with infantry? you could donate any unit to denying a tank a chance at freedom.

I think the stug is almost near balanced i have seen stugs do interesting stuff 12+ kills. im not saying its OP at all just saying it isnt as completely useless as people think a well supported stug is annoying.

Whomever said fix the Hummel i disagree that hummel is a powerful weapon especially the incendiary shot, its a brits nightmare.

My views.  m18 does it job and does it well it destroy tanks it also has very weak armor yes you can kite with it easily. but you can also kite with a firefly and i see no complaints?.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2012, 02:28:02 pm »

This is why i think using the slow effect from a mine would be the best course of action as it wouldn't stop the tank just drastically slow it

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2012, 02:35:52 pm »

The flexibility of this mod is such that i doubt that such a simple thing would be the case.

Yup..... that's why I said Leo would be the best guy to answer the question. I am just completely guessing on a solution or not.

I use crush all the time. My personal opinion is it is a bullshit mechanic that allows a unit to do something other than it's intended design.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2012, 02:40:18 pm »

Yup..... that's why I said Leo would be the best guy to answer the question. I am just completely guessing on a solution or not.

I use crush all the time. My personal opinion is it is a bullshit mechanic that allows a unit to do something other than it's intended design.

other then it is intended for???. oh okay guess we shouldnt bring out the axis officer to the floor huh.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2012, 03:02:22 pm »

i think if you do this Removal of crush or slowing crush,  what happens when someone blocks you with infantry? you could donate any unit to denying a tank a chance at freedom.

Donate any unit which gets instantly killed. You can also employ sticky tactics when engaging infantry - If you don't want movement impaired don't get close to them.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2012, 05:25:29 pm »

Leo would be the best guy to answer this question.

When we have discussed removing crush, the problem noted was that infantry would then be able to block the unit. So in a round about way, yes we could make vehicles stop when they "try" to crush infantry, but that would mean we are just removing crush.

I would think it would be a coding nightmare to find a way for it to slow down the vehicle with each unit it crushes......

This is off topic from the OP, but the problem of trying to balance some tank destroyers is their ability to be also used as AI (crush)

I think you would see less spam of M10/M18 if they could not crush Inf as well. Hand help AT would solve the spam problem.

vehicles already get slowed by crushing infantry. it is only hardly noticable on the m10/m18 because of their high acceleration
it would be rather simple to increase the effect of this slow, or have it affect acceleration as well
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2012, 05:46:25 pm »

vehicles already get slowed by crushing infantry. it is only hardly noticable on the m10/m18 because of their high acceleration
it would be rather simple to increase the effect of this slow, or have it affect acceleration as well

good to know, thanks Leo
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2012, 06:09:57 pm »

Thanks for ruining allies leo.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2012, 09:26:08 pm »

Thread cleaned
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2012, 09:38:57 pm »

-.-

CRUSH SHOULD  BE LEFT ALONE

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2012, 09:39:23 pm »

+1

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2012, 10:35:54 pm »

-.-

CRUSH SHOULD  BE LEFT ALONE

+1

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
HairyPothead Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2012, 11:29:10 pm »

+1
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2012, 12:32:09 am »

+1

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2012, 03:48:23 am »

+1

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2012, 07:27:46 am »

Bugged m10 crush is fucking stupid, I've thought that since day 1

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
HairyPothead Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2012, 11:37:24 am »

Yeah but isnt crushing the same with everytank? for instance a panther will crush just as good as a m10 only difference is that the speed affects how easy it is to actually run them down. BUt something so simple as crush should be left alone you are either good at it or your not.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2012, 11:39:12 am »

To reply to the OP:

Just to weigh in a bit; it seems a few concerns have been brought up, so I will summerize and address.

Medium armor is not effective in the current meta game. Some people believe reducin it's pop, cost, or increasing the cost of all other at will be a solution.

Typically when someone says to fix one problem we should make a big change like increase the cost of a shit load of other units red flags go up in my mind. You are just begging for knock on issues if you do that. Seems we should look at the simplist solutions first.

A few questions to consider:

Is medium armor still cost effective? Or is it still cost effective but not as cos effective as other choices. Making it a less desirable choice over other options is a balance problem.

Based on what I have read, people feel there are significantly better options than medium armor in the current meta game. Some have actually suggested buffs to TDs but that would only strengthen the problem.

The solution will then be making medium armor more desirable as opposed to AT less desirable. It's the easier of the two solutions and will likely result in fewer knock on issues.

I would personally try to focus the role of medium armor to taking out infantry and light vehicles. Increasing their AI capacity fine tunes their role and represents a meaningful difference between picking a M4 or M10. Similarity, picking a P4 over a Panther.

What I wouldn't do is increase medium armors penetration. That overlaps their role with dedicated AT making the choice less clear to players.

You could increase their accuracy, their resistance to hand held AT, their rate of fire, their splash, etc.

The risk IS over doing it making infantry the next problem. In his regard, it takes a skilled balancer to discern how much and of what values to increase.

As for crush, I personally feel it should be left alone for now at least.

Common sense is not so common after all.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2012, 11:47:05 am »

Yeah but isnt crushing the same with everytank? for instance a panther will crush just as good as a m10 only difference is that the speed affects how easy it is to actually run them down. BUt something so simple as crush should be left alone you are either good at it or your not.

Crush is not the same for every tank. There a three sorts of the crush ability: No crush (Anoying Kettenkrad pushing strat), Medium Crush Type  (M10 Wolverine) or Heavy Crush Type (M26 Pershing).

9th Armoured Engineers
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc