Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:04:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Addressing the viability of medium armour  (Read 48349 times)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 10:34:10 pm »

You know what, you will lose all of the new guys if you remove crush. Their first impressions will be like, WTF i cant crush small squishy mens 1/50 of my size!? then faggets will be rushing infantry up to tanks without fear of being crushed because of their shit accuracy against infantry backed up with atg. you'll see tanks forced to reverse because if infantry! what a fucking joke! Eir will become a laughing stock of the small coh community.

fucking worst idea, sorry tank, i cant hold in my anger for such stupidity. not naming names if that makes anyone feel better since i just read comments, not who posted them.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:36:45 pm by Demon767 » Logged

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2012, 10:35:48 pm »

You know what, you will lose all of the new guys if you remove crush. Their first impressions will be like, WTF i cant crush small squishy mens 1/50 of my size!? then faggets will be rushing infantry up to tanks without fear of being crushed because of their shit accuracy against infantry backed up with infantry. you'll see tanks forced to reverse because if infantry! what a fucking joke! Eir will become a laughing stock of the small coh community.

fucking worst idea

+1

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2012, 10:48:28 pm »

+1

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2012, 10:55:15 pm »

If you want to increase usefulness of Medium armour give it better Doc bonuses and look into TDs. Currently why bother buying a P4 or M4 when a alternative Tank destroyer M10,M18, Panther is much better? I mean M18 having good accuracy versus infantry, snipes them quite often, has camo and fast speed and 45 range with 46 sight range where as M10 has higher penetrating gun and better squishy squishy ability than M18 and Panther- well, speed, armor, gun and range.

If its Anti infantry and Anti LV you want- buy Ostwind. Its better at both roles. For allies that would be either M8 or Staghound, also better at the said tasks than Cromwell or M4. Cheaper too and with correct doctrines the M8 can actually cap and hold territory.If medium were to become useful, Light vehicles, Tank destroyers and doctrines should be looked into because these make it just far more cost effective to have them. Having a medium is like shooting yourself in the leg.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »

Its true there are no buffs for the Sherman. now i know  T3 blitz coys are really good for p4s. but i prefer to take RCA T3 for the cromwell because it actually buffs the cromwell into something usefull i wish it had 2x repairs for the Cromwell but its okay. the sherman however has no really buffs.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2012, 11:10:16 pm »

Its true there are no buffs for the Sherman. now i know  T3 blitz coys are really good for p4s. but i prefer to take RCA T3 for the cromwell because it actually buffs the cromwell into something usefull i wish it had 2x repairs for the Cromwell but its okay. the sherman however has no really buffs.

The Double T3 Blitzcoys are more efficient for Panthers and Tigers rather than P4s. Heck even StuGs benefit more from it due to their damage modifiers. P4s won't become any better really- not noteable way that is.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2012, 11:13:32 pm »

maybe making TDs a whole lot more expensive, a WHOLE lot more. like only being able to buy a maximum of 4 m10s (so only reasonable players will buy only 2). reason behind this is that careful use of TD can make 2-3 tank kills

THAT expensive. probably huge FU investment instead of a even mp,fu investment.

probably make medium armor a better investment because you wouldnt want to lose a TD
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2012, 11:19:07 pm »

The Double T3 Blitzcoys are more efficient for Panthers and Tigers rather than P4s. Heck even StuGs benefit more from it due to their damage modifiers. P4s won't become any better really- not noteable way that is.

Also, going Tigers or Panthers gives you more free MP and Munitions than going 6 P4. SO the rest of your company is stronger too.

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2012, 11:21:56 pm »

maybe making TDs a whole lot more expensive, a WHOLE lot more. like only being able to buy a maximum of 4 m10s (so only reasonable players will buy only 2). reason behind this is that careful use of TD can make 2-3 tank kills

THAT expensive. probably huge FU investment instead of a even mp,fu investment.

probably make medium armor a better investment because you wouldnt want to lose a TD

BUt axis has bigger tanks. what if someone lost all the atgs and was stuck with shermans. id much rather be stuck with TDs in anycase. due to axis tank
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2012, 11:27:01 pm »

if TD Price went up making them cost effective will be entirely more difficult. Their health isn't exactly the largest nor is their armor. Therefore it needs a different form of tinkering. Personally I think that M18 could be a Doc unlock due to it being so powerful and M10 could remain as a free unlock. That said their price should be similar to a Medium...but to make them more efficient giving M10 a upgrade that grants extra LoS would make it more balanced if their prices did go up.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2012, 11:48:39 pm »

BUt axis has bigger tanks. what if someone lost all the atgs and was stuck with shermans. id much rather be stuck with TDs in anycase. due to axis tank

i dont see how that is relevant, you are just discussing counters
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2012, 11:50:25 pm »

Well one good thing about axis AT is that if you have a few of them concentrating fire a hellcat or a m10 won't ever reach the inf without being out of control. This is usually rewarded with arty.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2012, 01:46:45 am »

m18 a unlock??? what with the T17 to?. hmm m18 is good but it isnt anything super duper it loses its gunner quite fast which is the main attraction, but its a nice all around little vehicle
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2012, 01:48:47 am »

m18 a unlock??? what with the T17 to?. hmm m18 is good but it isnt anything super duper it loses its gunner quite fast which is the main attraction, but its a nice all around little vehicle

WTF are you on? The .50 is nowhere near the main attraction. The main attraction is a great gun on a fast cheap vehicle that has 46 sight...
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2012, 02:16:25 am »

making TD's expensive so you can have only 4x of them,you high deamon? hmmm,should I buy 4xm10 or 2xpershing+callie? yea,right,rly hard decision. If you have them so expensive,they would need to become something like mini panthers in terms of survivability.
Marders can also do few tanks kills when you are careful with them,but if they costed 300fuel they suddenly wouldnt become cost effective.

Personally I think that M18 could be a Doc unlock due to it being so powerful and M10 could remain as a free unlock.
Making m18 doc unlock,even me being axis fanboy dont see reason for this.

Best thing I read here was to have tanks slow when they crush guy,so they cant just trololo,there goes your shrech/KCH/storm squad down in 2 sec.

what if PE lost their marders,and allies still had few of their fatties? You would wanna go vs crocodile or pershing with shrecks or 50mm?
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2012, 04:36:43 am »

If the prices went up for Allied Tank Destroyers I see no hope for any allied players in the future. The ATGs gets owned by Offmaps and the guns will be destroyed by a Schreck-Blob so that the Allied are not able to field hard AT.
Stickie Bombs and Bazookas are a pure Joke, the Recoilles Rifle is awesome but the Airborne Rangers sucks so that they
can't peform very weel. Alltough the most Infantry Squads gets gibbed by the heavy tanks so that i have a massive manpower drain to
destroy a key unit of the enemy.

Increase the price and reduce the effectiveness of the Panzerschreck against a M4 Sherman, modify the target table of the 57mm against the Panzer IV that it take less damage/pen. Increase prices of the heavy tanks that you are forced to use a medium tank to provide a good balanced company. Reduce the prices of a Panther and Tiger (Just a bit!) but reduce Damage against normal Infantry and the Splash-Damage but keep the Damage and Accuracy against ATGs. Invent a mechanism to prevent M10/M18 spams.
The problem is that the most players want to field a heavy because it performs at the  AI and AT  perspective very good and it's easier to micro a single unit then tons of support stuff. Turn the role of a Tiger from a WTF-I-Can-Own-Everything into a more vehicle specialized counter. (Let's say our Tiger is now a Sherman with the 75mm canon and now we changing them into a 76mm Sherman). Increase costs of all Infantry.

That were just some thoughts from me. What i really want to show with this: You had to chancg a lot of stuff to increase the field presence of the mediums without creating new holes for a another design failure. Otherwise it's possible that we will not see any heavy tanks on our battlefield.

9th Armoured Engineers
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2012, 04:55:18 am »

Turn the role of a Tiger from a WTF-I-Can-Own-Everything

just LOL,Tiger is far from that.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2012, 05:10:55 am »

The problem is that the most players want to field a heavy because it performs at the  AI and AT  perspective very good

This isn't the only reason why most players wish to use heavies. Mediums are useless due to the masses of AT (ATGs, Tank Destroyers, Handheld) which is the reason people choose heavies because they can and will pounce and survive longer. Plus having 2 heavies means you have more resources for other stuff as with mediums you can't afford as much stuff for addition.

Also even if Tank destroyers gets a nerf their killing power is still the same and if they shut down a heavy tank it means they were cost effective.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:14:16 am by NightRain » Logged
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2012, 05:18:20 am »

just LOL,Tiger is far from that.

1.I thought you were a PE player. Wink
2.I've seen a lot of people which have at the end of a battle tons of kills with it.
3.Or could you explain me why the Tiger (Aces) were one of the units with the most XP before the wipe was?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2012, 05:25:34 am »

1.I thought you were a PE player. Wink
2.I've seen a lot of people which have at the end of a battle tons of kills with it.
3.Or could you explain me why the Tiger (Aces) were one of the units with the most XP before the wipe was?

1. His smurf
2. Most likely good people stomping
3. Tiger Aces are several times better than a original tiger and due to the masses of RPs people would buy it as it was one of the most efficient things to use. It is not only faster than regular tiger but also has better attributes and has access to 45 range.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc