Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:57:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Avalanch: Fall of Italy mod  (Read 80990 times)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 03:45:12 pm »

Post-Blitz (france etc) only 5% of WM divisions entering combat (at least on the eastern front) were considered combat ready.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 03:50:58 pm »

well there we have another reason why they lost the war, NOT because of their equipment

thanks for proving that.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 04:09:36 pm »

Added:

-All Infantry sqauds, regardless of faction, gain an HP regen of 0.022 or 0.035 at Vet1. Less 'elite' units (Rifles, Volks, Sappers, possibly PGs) will receive the lower healrate (0.022 is the regen rate given to the WM in vcoh).
-All support weapons including MGs and Mortars autoheal at a rate of 0.07. This applies to the weapon, not the crew.
-Inexperienced Riflemen and Volkssturm reinforce costs will be reduced with each veterancy level.
-Inexperienced Riflemen and Volkssturm lose the capacity to gain upgrades (Bars, nades, stickies, MP40s).
-Armoured Infantry Sections will be relegated to the RSE doctrine.
-Armoured Infantry Sections now have the Rudimentary Repairs ability.
-Added Commando Riflemen to the Commando Glider (Commando squad with Lee-Enfields and one Sten, with the Mark Target ability).

Soon(tm):
-All 'new' squads will be moved to an Armory building for each faction (or to the Supply Depot for the US or Kampkraft Centre for the WM, since all units gain veterancy American-style.
-^Does not apply to Inexperienced Riflemen or Volkssturm.
-PE vehicles will most likely receive Halftrack Armor. Halftrack Armor's modifiers might be adjusted for accomodate this change.
-'SS Fanatics' squad, armed with randomized weaponry and Zeal.
-Artillery units fire automatically, with lenghy reloads after 4 (hummel)-6 round 'bursts'. Arty units now have a Hold Fire ability for more selective targeting.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 08:12:45 pm »

depends by what you mean superior. For the most part they had better equipment. The helmets,grenades,weapons,etc.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 08:17:12 pm »

Should I revert the cooldowns and accuracies of the changed weapons to their vCoH states? It seems like 'just another realism mod' and strays from the vcoh/eir-ish arcadeyness I was hoping for this.

Simple yes/no.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 11:45:20 pm »

Can give a specific answer to your question. What to you except from your Mod? What are your main goals? What is the main intention? What are your main differences from vCOH? What is the difference between your and any other mod?

So many questions which affect a possible answer...

9th Armoured Engineers
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 04:11:20 am »

Early War. Germans won with their Blitzkrieg strategy- a strategy none was prepared for, not because of superior equipment but because of superior tactics.

Late War. MP44s were issued to SS. Majority of other Wehrmacht units used the same weapons they used early war therefore Kar98 vs M1 Garand = Garand wins due to higher rate of fire and larger clip size. The only good thing Axis had was strategy and experience but they lost to numbers.

Maybe I could add in Panzerfausts and Panzerschrecks...yeah they were pretty good.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2012, 06:18:03 am »

Later war... still had superior equipment

It was unfortunate though that they didnt have enough special ammo. AP rounds etc

The argument that Garand > Kar is only justified in CQC, and in those instances, the germans had an abundant of Mp40s used.

Thus the purpose of the Garand > Kar was far less potent then you may think. Shoot compensate for recoil and reload (Kar more accurate) while the garand you still have to compensate for the recoil, re aim and fire. one could pop off equal amount of bullets with a kar as a person with a garand. well thats my theory.

all in all, germans had better equipment.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 09:12:10 am »

Later war... still had superior equipment

It was unfortunate though that they didnt have enough special ammo. AP rounds etc

The argument that Garand > Kar is only justified in CQC, and in those instances, the germans had an abundant of Mp40s used.

Thus the purpose of the Garand > Kar was far less potent then you may think. Shoot compensate for recoil and reload (Kar more accurate) while the garand you still have to compensate for the recoil, re aim and fire. one could pop off equal amount of bullets with a kar as a person with a garand. well thats my theory.

all in all, germans had better equipment.

Technologically yes. Better radios and gear in their vehicles but their infantry gear was basically the same. High recoil or not putting more than 1 bullet per few seconds counts a lot when it goes into firing. Engagements are won by suppression. While LMG42 indeed suppresses harder their basic rifles wont put up as much firepower as a M1 Garand would. While Germans had MP40s the Allies had Thompsons which arguably uses better bullets 0.45s instead of 9mms German ones.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2012, 01:36:10 pm »

Get the thread back on topic please.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2012, 04:18:08 pm »

The LMG was all the suppression you need! haha!
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2012, 09:32:50 pm »

I'm interested in seeing how this will turn out.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2012, 03:40:35 am »

Would you add some M3 Trenchgun units? Maybe "real" Assualt Engineers which have the same abilities as normal engineers. (Mines, MG-Emplacement, Howitzer if they are at a sort of Inf Doctrine)
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2012, 11:11:54 am »

Get the fuck out of my thread. Tank, mind cleaning this? Fucking keeps...
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2012, 11:28:53 am »

-Renamed the WM Sniper to 'Platoon Marksman'
-G43 Sniper Rifle range reduced to 45
-G43 Sniper Rifle cooldown reduced to 5.25
-Added WM 'Sniper' armed with a Kar98k Sniper Rifle
-K98k Sniper range to 55.
-K98k Sniper cooldown changed to 8/7.5.
-M1903 Springfield range to 55.
-Cooldown untouched.
-Added 'Company Sharpshooter' unit to the US armed with an M1 Garand Sniper rifle.
-M1 Garand Sniper cooldown reduced to 5.75
-ALL SNIPERS now have a chance to miss their targets; L/M/S accuracy set to 0.85/0.95/0.75 (parabolic accuracy discourages use at point blank range)
-Marksman-type snipers will have a tagalong spotter buddy (rifleman/grenadier with sniper cloak. Both entities use the standard Garand/K98k weapon)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:46:38 am by TheVolskinator » Logged
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 11:30:10 am »

-Renamed the WM Sniper to 'Platoon Marksman'

-Added WM 'Sniper' armed with a Kar98k Sniper Rifle

Care to explain these two?
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2012, 11:33:08 am »

Wanted to make a cheaper, shorter range sniper fit for combatting masses of enemy grunts, and a longer ranged, slower firing dedicated sniper. Ergo, adding a 'marksman' type unit and a dedicated 'sniper/countersnipe' unit. Bolt action snipers hardcounter other bolt actions and semi auto snipers, but get ovverrun by masses of enemy troops. Marksman snipers can lay the hurt on but risk getting hit by a longer ranged sniper.

Consideration:
Should the bolt-action snipers have a munitions ability similar to the Brit marksman shot, that won't reveal them from cloak? This would cost ~50 Munitions, and would be on a 60 second cooldown (-X seconds per vet level)?

I'll welcome any feedback on this, especially the cooldown time itself and how much time is removed per vet level. 50MU is respectable considering that I'll soon be tying a munitions cost to all of the new infantry squad's ive created, to reduce spamming of the units through a sort of munitions upkeep. If a player does spam these units, he'll be unable to use nades, pzfausts, etc, upgrade medbunkers, and especially, be unable to spam offmaps.

Added new UI text for:
-The Platoon Marksman
-The Company Sharpshooter
-The soon-to-be-added Ghillie Sniper for CW
-The Anti-Materiel Sniper for CW
-The Panzer III

Snipers:
-Marksman units will receive a 0.75 cooldown reduction at Vet3
-Sniper units will receive +5 range at Vet3
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 12:10:57 pm by TheVolskinator » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2012, 03:35:26 pm »

Volkisnator. you have grown up so much. now join the dev team and make changes! for the graybeards.
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2012, 06:17:47 pm »

Removed:

-Cheatmod from the mod's files. Mod should be playable online now.

Added:

-A mod DB page (in the works)

Link coming Soon(tm).

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:52:38 pm by TheVolskinator » Logged
TheVolskinator Offline

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2012, 01:59:02 pm »

URGENT

Alright, I need help. I threw all the mod's components into a zip folder and sent it to hicks.

He's unable to connect to me in-game. Both of us receive a message stating "Youve been invited to join so-and-so's game, but are unable to.

Any idea how to correct this? I have no idea how to correct the error. If someone with knowledge about this can help, please PM me and I'll send you the zip file with the mod's data in it; hopefully browsing through the folder will allow someone to spot the error.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc