Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:38:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warmap Information  (Read 5395 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« on: August 03, 2011, 08:50:17 pm »

Spying abilities
Intel is a mechanic on the warmap which keeps a company in the dark until a sector is scouted.  A scouted sector will have an intel level of 1, and can continue to be boosted to a level of 5, as some units will not be visible/described until a certain intel level is reached.
Higher intel will also show orders on opposing units at the higher intel levels.

Spying, is your option for 'scouting' for the opposing faction.  There will be other options added, but this is it to start with Wink

Warmap XP
XP granted to your commander - a rank used for the warmap, a type of hierachy that enables you to override lower ranked players orders without paying more action points to do so.
This rank will also dictate what warcards you can play (as some will have a rank limit) and what commander trait cards you can use / slots available.

Warmap Cards
Warmap cards cover a large base of different abilities.
Warmap commander trait - these cards will be used in place of the advantages screen, in a similar way - but allowing a mix and match of multiple types (ie 3 resources, or say 2 resource types + pool bonuses)
Warmap units - units that are currently in the 'rewards' section, will be granted through these.
Warmap actions - one-off usages like an artillary barage on an area (warmap territories) or other special actions that you can use.
Warmap company bonuses - one-off usage cards that might do something like grant a free recon run that game, or extend the number of offmaps for a game etc.

Note that this means that 'Reward Points' will be removed with the introduction of the warmap and be entirely replaced by this 'card' system, which will reward warmap performance.

Faction Rank
The current PP level of the faction - this increases per warmap turn (3-12 hours depending on when in the week the turn is taking place, 8/12 for normal week days, shortening to 3 or 4 for weekends)
This is the maximum PP amount that your company can reach, and will do so at ~10% per game played.

Swap (contextually, ofc)
Punish (same)
Swapping companies will incur no penalties, and you will gain warmap xp, cards etc as per normal regardless of what company you play.
Swapping by using an action (like resupply a warmap unit, or ordering an artillery strike via a warmap card) - on your NON-main side (not faction) will create a warning, and then a penalty to all opposing warxp ranks.  This is one off, and your main side will then change.

Again, this isnt a penalty as such - it is a deterrant for people constantly swapping (changing) their 'Main' side.  In otherwords "I dont like playing Axis... their losing the war! Ima gonna swap trollolololo".
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 01:38:20 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 01:36:50 pm »

Bump
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 01:44:29 pm »

Again, this isnt a penalty as such - it is a deterrant for people constantly swapping (changing) their 'Main' side.  In otherwords "I dont like playing Axis... their losing the war! Ima gonna swap trollolololo".
It will be a penalty when their traits or warmaps can no longer be used on those older accounts.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 02:16:31 pm »

Regarding Warmap Cards

You mentioned abilities like "granting a recon run." I was wondering just how much you plan to expand on warmap card ideas. For example: will there be abilities like some sort of buff for a particular unit per usage?
ex: Riflemen (American) receive +25% accuracy for a battle. Tanks gain received penetration buff. etc.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 05:39:00 pm »

Regarding Warmap Cards

You mentioned abilities like "granting a recon run." I was wondering just how much you plan to expand on warmap card ideas. For example: will there be abilities like some sort of buff for a particular unit per usage?
ex: Riflemen (American) receive +25% accuracy for a battle. Tanks gain received penetration buff. etc.
That is a possibility - but quite a strong example you gave.

There needs to be a balance fulcrum with cards that affect in game stats - because it could have the potential to completely ruin a fair match, just by which card was used.

So, in the short run - not until massive testing/theorycrafting on the effect.
But there will be things like mini-recon runs, mini-arty etc, mini-blitz
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 01:53:49 am »

And Mini-Mouse ofc.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 02:30:25 am »

will there be any buffs? When fighting for Homeland for instance (Berlin) all forces that are defending said zone recieve more buffs etc?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 07:20:03 am »

I will be very buff when it comes out.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 12:34:27 am »

And Mini-Mouse ofc.

Mini-Maus

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 04:32:49 pm »

The warmap is way to static tbh! less defensive points tbh!

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 04:35:20 pm »

there needs to be less shit allied warkerdz.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 04:50:34 pm »

The warmap is way to static tbh! less defensive points tbh!

I agree, attacking should have a larger impact, just increase the amount of points you reduce when attacking so that defending is less effective.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 05:22:47 pm »

It's also made more static by the fact that you get more SP when closer to spawn. It really should be tied in with the territories priority like reasources.
I'm pretty sure it was fixed so that you get less SP at spawn, and more at the front.

And ill agree the warmap is far too static, have you seen the defense points of some regions.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 05:45:20 pm »

Well sence tank said it then it must be true.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 05:46:32 pm »

Why cant we just have a roof/cap? Maximum 1k defensive points?
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 07:39:02 pm »

Unstickied as this info is no longer relevant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc