Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2024, 07:30:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mainline Infantry Balance Thread  (Read 26180 times)
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2012, 11:55:46 am »

The comparison of PGs to Volks is interesting.  At 45 Muni, PGs really from the get-go can be soft counter to both vehicles and infantry but you pay for that versatility, imo, by having some of the worst counters for both.  

Non buffed AT grenades have weak range and are not fire and forget compared to stickies that have similar range and the versatility of being a vehicle disabler as well as a platform that unlocks increased range thru exp bonuses rather than a doc unlock.  

Now hear me out, I am not saying AT grenades should be like stickies, there are obvious price differences, etc.  Increase range on vet 2 rifles could be arguably compared with a 40 MP upgrade of sprint on PGs.  The point I am trying to make though is that, in my eyes, non-buffed AT grenades, while laughably cheap, are only truly an AT counter when an allied player is stupid enough to ignore a wave of sprinting PGs at his tank, charges a tank forward in an effort to crush infantry, or is combined with vehicle disablers such as mines and treadbreaker.  

Inc grenades are also a mixed bag.  Again I see them as a softer counter compared to regular grenades.  Sure in comparison they excel vs emplacements or units in buildings that are too slow or refuse to get out of buildings, however would many PE players put up much of a fuss if Inc grenades were suddenly switched to volk grenades even with the associated increase in cost?  

PGs fully loaded with nades can be effective a la Myst human wave style.  If all my hard AT wasn't destructible, wasn't extremely vulnerable to ATGs, didn't cost fuel, and PGs were pop efficient at recrewing support weapons, it would be much more attractive for me to sit on a MP sector and play that style.  Otherwise I would much rather sit in a Fuel sector.  

Some other quick notes about pts others have made:  

Piats are indeed far easier to dodge than Zooks but if the CW player has the ability to field Boys AT they can be arguably fielding handheld AT that is just as effective against PE with the added bonuses of being able to put them in clowncars.  

Support grens were awesome, imo.  A low pop infantry unit was hugely useful in both call-in builds and reinforcement throughout the game.  I suspect it was removed and made a reward unit because it was deemed as too good?  I mean an IHT with support gren in it @ 6 pop was an infantry suppressing machine.    
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc