Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2024, 02:25:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 06:21:28 pm]

[July 18, 2024, 05:15:48 am]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State of Balance  (Read 45058 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2012, 11:36:35 am »

panzershreks and the base storms are largely untouched though other than the aim time, and why was this changed if it wasn't for balance purposes?

the new stuff introduced to shrek storm is not stat changes to them or shreks largely, but doctrine synergy

i think the doctrine bonuses affecting them is what possibly should be tuned first

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2012, 11:44:45 am »

panzershreks and the base storms are largely untouched though other than the aim time, and why was this changed if it wasn't for balance purposes?

the new stuff introduced to shrek storm is not stat changes to them or shreks largely, but doctrine synergy

i think the doctrine bonuses affecting them is what possibly should be tuned first

I think the main ones are the bottom t4, blitz and keep it moving. (sprinting storms are evil).

PQ said elite armor is being removed and also the 2nd schreck will be a doc unlock, which i think may be a bit much but don't really have an issue with. If it makes them lame, then I'm sure they'll be changed.

They still get to use the double mp44 so we may see more of those as a result.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2012, 11:56:10 am »

The price needs to drop on the MP44s first, though. I'd rather take an LMG grenadier then cloaking stormtroopers with MP44s. The ONLY boon I can think of is the bundled grenade.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2012, 02:55:02 pm »

stormies are an essential dynamic to wehrmacht gameplay, by only simply removing them, we are not solving anything but rather dumbing down our game furthur.

Two concerns I have with your statement.

1.) the discussion is really about double shrek storms being too powerful.
2.) I see many wher companies, and specifically Blitz companies that are successful and do not run storms.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2012, 02:59:13 pm »

can they sprint/blitz in cloak? cuz theres blitzkrieg as well, which ups their rof on top of speed increase.

Please tell me more about how a cooldown buff decreases the reload of schrecks

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2012, 03:05:18 pm »

Yes, they can sprint and Blitz in cloak. That's the reason they are so strong right now.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2012, 03:07:09 pm »

2.) I see many wher companies, and specifically Blitz companies that are successful and do not run storms.

I see many successful AB companies without AB too, oh wait that was sarcasm.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2012, 03:16:44 pm »

I see many successful AB companies without AB too, oh wait that was sarcasm.

You mean like an AB company comprised pretty much of nothing but Asymmetric Riflemen and tank destroyers?

Also, you just quoted an incomplete doctrine as reference, which is a pretty stupid thing to do. A more accurate comparison would be like fielding an Infantry company without using Rangers. Which is possible.

A Blitz coy without Storms is very possible, and quite effective. Elite Armour Grenadiers can wreak havoc, so can Joint Ops Volkssturm with it's 60 second recharge on it's keep it moving. Two StuG's backing up a shit-ton of Volks with Fausts means they have unlimited sprint and solid AT/AI backing.

Yeah, without going into every single layout possible that doesn't involve Storms, yes. It's possible.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2012, 03:19:30 pm »

If you're gonna do that might as well play a real doctrine with artillery AND infantry buffs.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2012, 03:23:48 pm »

Lets not derail this topic too much pony........

Removing Storms would not destroy Wher as implied.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2012, 03:27:25 pm »

Yes, they can sprint and Blitz in cloak. That's the reason they are so strong right now.

They can only blitz in cloak
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2012, 03:28:12 pm »

It's like Pony only read the first line of my post and then replied... lol...
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2012, 04:02:43 pm »

It's like Pony only read the first line of my post and then replied... lol...

My point was clear, If you're gonna focus on grenadiers with elite armor for example, you might as well play Terror, Defensive or Scorched Earth and get the strong artillery as well.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2012, 04:07:45 pm »

My point on the other hand, went completely over your head.

It's more than possible to run a company without it's focal infantry unlock.

IDGAF if another company has shinier options, my point is that it can be done and it works.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2012, 04:13:45 pm »

And how do you plan to counter AT guns?
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2012, 04:22:00 pm »

I find Shrecks Do LESS DPS then RRs.  1 shreck Vs 1 rr. 

At close range, Not really, At medium to long range, hell Yes.   Accuracy seems to have gone over your head hicks.  Because if you can;t hit a target, doesn;t matter how much DPS you Do.  Also how can you get away from close range with shrecks, without your entire team commiting to protect you or you your self throwing in your army to pull them out iof they are in trouble.

Its not as simple as you amke it "I can;t have it so they can;t either"  its called RELATING.  And since you RELATE best to the allies and don;t use Storm Shreks as much, I have to explain it in terms you will understand. 

Normally i see the logic behind an argument, But not with Storms.  The ONLY, ONLY nerf i would even consider, is a reduced Sight when in cloak, and thats it.  Any other change will just be Driving any blitz player away from the doctrine. 

Commandos get about 10 iunlocks, Blitz has Storms, Tiger, and Stuh.  All Expensive when outfitted, all Hard to master, and all easily counterable. 

Oh and IF Storms are Cloaked, and BLITZ IS ACTIVATED, They De Cloak Immediatly, So Activating Blitz to save a tank can screw your Storm Troopers.....  Nice how a Teir 3 can screw over a unit. 

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2012, 04:28:05 pm »

do shreks even have cooldown?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2012, 04:31:23 pm »

do shreks even have cooldown?

They do not.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2012, 05:10:11 pm »

I find Shrecks Do LESS DPS then RRs.  1 shreck Vs 1 rr.  

And since allied tanks generally have better armor and more health its such a big issue.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2012, 05:22:08 pm »

Buff Tiger,so he becomes mobile 88,remove storms,everyone happy Wink
Watch allies cry,bring storms back!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc