Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:52:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teller Mine Health  (Read 9680 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: August 26, 2012, 08:21:19 pm »

This is the weirdest and most silly post I think I've had to make, but here it goes.

Tellers have too much health, the other day I detected them and it took 1 squad of engs, an mg, and a t17 firing at it to blow up, before the t17 started firing the the .30 cal fired two full bursts at it.

It's silly that a mine would have more health than a goliath, is this part of the game play mechanic with it or what?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 08:26:46 pm »

All mines have a lot of health, the best way is always to have minesweepers. Especially when facing Panzer Elite because of Tellers and Scorched Earth mines.

It would also be cool if there were unarmed penal units "tramplers" available to clear mines.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 10:10:48 pm »

All mines have a lot of health, the best way is always to have minesweepers. Especially when facing Panzer Elite because of Tellers and Scorched Earth mines.

It would also be cool if there were unarmed penal units "tramplers" available to clear mines.

Volksgrenadiers and riflemen.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 03:07:10 am »

I am very sure that only tellers have a huge amount of health.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 03:14:18 am »

Yeah, it's only tellers.

At the same time, however - it's the only mine that costs 70 munitions to place...

Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 03:32:13 am »

And on the other Hand it is fucking devastating against vehicles Wink
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 08:12:52 am »

It's stil a mine. It also does a ton of damage to infantry if they're on top of one and it gets hit, I lost 3 full airborne squads and 4 out of a full after it got hit and they weren't that close to each one, and it's not the first time that's happened.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 08:27:27 am »

I am very sure that only tellers have a huge amount of health.

Which is irrelevant since minesweepers are the only way to clear mines.  Maybe mortars and grenades could be employed but that's a doubtful tactic, and not an effective counter.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 10:16:42 am »

Which is irrelevant since minesweepers are the only way to clear mines.  Maybe mortars and grenades could be employed but that's a doubtful tactic, and not an effective counter.

the issue is with the engineer mine sweeper which can only be used to detect the mine. Any other mine, if you hit it once with a mortar or grenade it will blow up, not so with a teller.

I'd also like to suggest that teller mines have a lower splash radius, they really shouldnt' be able to destroy a tank and the tank next to it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 10:23:22 am »

The problem is that if the health on teller mines are lowered then they will explode easily to mortar shots and artillery and kill friendly units. Placement of Teller Mines would become very problematic.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 10:32:22 am »

the issue is with the engineer mine sweeper which can only be used to detect the mine.

Wait, what?

engineer mine sweeper can ONLY detect the mine?

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 10:47:38 am »

There seems 2 be buggy AI around picking up mines

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 11:40:36 am »

Specialized sweepers (the ones that come labled as such) can pick up mines. Engineer units that BUY a minesweeper cannot.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 12:13:06 pm »

The problem is that if the health on teller mines are lowered then they will explode easily to mortar shots and artillery and kill friendly units. Placement of Teller Mines would become very problematic.

and the issue is there for normal mines...
if you're standing on your own mine and die, thats on you.

That's silly :/

It's a design desision. Every side has a dedicated 80mp/10mu, 1 pop unit that can detect and pick up mines.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 01:31:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure that regular engineers not being able to pick up detected mines is not intended.

It's probably just overlooked considering how rare it is for people to actually field them when the much more cost effective minesweeper unit is present.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 01:47:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure that regular engineers not being able to pick up detected mines is not intended.

It's probably just overlooked considering how rare it is for people to actually field them when the much more cost effective minesweeper unit is present.

no, its intended but i'll just let a dev let u know. I'm 100% sure it's intended.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 02:00:20 pm »

If it's intended, it'd make somewhere in the reaches of zero sense.

Why would a more expensive platform have less capabilities than the lower costing one?

Regular Engineers of any form being able to defuse mines has NEVER been a problem, be it a hidden or blatant problem.

I see no justifiable reason for regular Engineers/Pioneers to not be able to defuse mines assuming they've brought the minesweeper upgrade. The only reason I can come up with is that it's a bug and an oversight due to it's lack of use combined with people not particularly caring.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 02:04:15 pm »

-demo charges can now be sweeped (5s duration)
-removed minesweeper upgrade from all units(This was a necessary change to have demo charges be sweepable)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 02:29:50 pm »

Again, not buying that. By that logic, the dedicated minesweeper unit would be incapable of sweeping demo charges.

Not only that, I somehow doubt that over the course of an entire year an alternative wasn't sought - But then again, minesweepers on regular Engineers are very commonly overlooked.

Either way, this doesn't sound intentional - If they had it their way I'm sure that the Engineer minesweepers would be defusing mines as well.

Finally... Sweeping demo charges seems kinda pointless. The whole you know, the player will just have it blow up in your face anyway deal.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 02:33:39 pm »

Finally... Sweeping demo charges seems kinda pointless. The whole you know, the player will just have it blow up in your face anyway deal.

Unless a Sweeping squad at close proximity disables the ability to detonate the democharge? At a certain range of course.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc