Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 12:26:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Ostwind Armor buff  (Read 12350 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: September 13, 2012, 07:29:44 am »

Ostwind a Anti-infantry platform with a rapid firing weapon with questionable accuracy. Designed to be a infantry with a range of 40. Fast burst firing speed. Has the ability to engage light vehicles such as M8s, Staghounds and M3 halftrack type vehicles. Inability to engage armor such as M10 and Hellcats not to mention anything above those two.

Now the thing with this said vehicle is not its ability to engage infantry, but rather its versitality and survivability.

With a mere 400 health and its own armor this platform is more or less a fragile IST with a questionable performance level.

So my suggestion would be nothing more but a buff to its armor. A Simple Armor upgrade to change Ostwind's own armor into PIV armor.

This will give it better resistance from bazookas and decent vs anti tank guns with the chance to now pounce a potential full damage shell. None of the doctrines either give much of attention to the Ostwind, my actual question is: Who uses a ostwind? I'm sure a person or two might use it and one comes and claims that it is a very good vehicle and in the borderline OP.

Though, I still think its performance is questionable, very situational too. Bazookas will snipe, pierce through its armor and force it away to repair. The only other tank that has 400 hp is a StuG but to compensate it has a good armor (Better than P4 armor).

What does the community think of it?

Ostwind

Price

Manpower: 400
Mun:0 (30 repair)
Fuel: 175

Pool: 9
Pop: 10

Now since people had mentioned that it is nothing but a big slow and fat LV let's first see its durability and ability to fight LVs.

Greyhound recieves 1.11 more accuracy at it and comes with a 0.7002 penetration multiplier versus Ostwind armor.

Long: 0.46
Medium: 0.58
Short: 0.7002

Ostwind vs Greyhound

Ostwind's Accuracy multiplier 0.9. Damage Multiplier 0.5. Penetration multiplier 0.7907.

Accuracy vs Greyhound
Long: 0.315
Medium: 0.675
Short: 0.81

Penetration vs Greyhound
Long: 0.623
Medium: 0.743
Short: 0.7907

Each shot to greyhound deals 20 damage.

Purely based on this I can honestly say: Who ever claims in the future that "My ostwind raped all greyhounds" must've been drunk or otherwise high.

However I don't want to grow stuck on trying to figure out its overall performance against light vehicles, this one was just thrown there as a example, what we really really want to know is how does Ostwind perform and withstand bazookas, right?

Ostwind vs Ranger Squad

Accuracy vs Ranger Squad Accuracy Multiplier 0.75

Long:0.26
Medium:0.56
Short: 0.675

Ostwind needs 2 hits to kill one member from the squad. (Ostwind Damage 40, Ranger health 65)

Durability vs Bazooka
Accuracy vs Ostwind. Accuracy multiplier 1.11.
Long: 0.3885
Medium: 0.666
Short: 1.11

Bazooka penetration and damage. 0.7488 pen multiplier.

Long: 0.7488
Medium: 0.7488
Short: 0.7488
Damage: 75

So in short, rangers are quite capable of dishing damage right back at the ostwind. The penetration is not guarantee but it does happen more than 50% time. I don't have to explain what happens when you add tank reapers to this set. It only grows better.

Now that was the basic counter match versus a elite infantry, versus riflemen and tommies it is a different section.

Airborne (accuracy)

Infantry armor (Accuracy)

2 hits to kill a man from the squad.

Soldier Armor (Accuracy, 0.9 damage modifier)

Damage dealt 36.

In summary, it looks like a decent weapon but its accuracy is awful but thankgod it doesn't have any differences versus what it is shooting, they are all in the same cathegory as far as accuracy goes. As for damage tommies can enjoy a higher survivability, minor, but still higher. Let's just say that Ostwind could use some form of love. For price of 175 you'd expect far more than this because for 25 fuel more you get a bit more durable vehicle known as P4.

Available Doctrine Buffs.

Defensive: T4 Fatherland Defence ( -10% recieved damage)  T4 Omniscience (+1m range) (Also possible for Officer buffs. 1.25 acc 1.2 damage up to 1.35 acc 1.3 damage)
Blitzkrieg: T4 Lightning War (+25% speed).T3 HEAT Rounds (+15% damage +15% penetration), T3 (33% Turret rotation 20% damage) (T3 Blitzkrieg) (T3 Double repairs)
Terror: T3 Field Modifications (+10 more sight) T3 Advanced Equipment (-15% recieved penetration) T4 Henchel Design (+20% turret rotation, +20% accelration, improved AoE)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:02:23 am by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 07:31:41 am »

I think its a great idea and loooong overdue

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 07:36:20 am »

the ostwind, interesting, never noticed that i can choose this unit as wehrmacht player.

PS: i had to look it up coz i didnt believe that nightrain was talking about a unit we even have in Europeinruins

--------

no srsly, its a unit with no noticable niche in the game. A lot of units do the same effect and have a lot better flexibility and survivablity.

+1 night

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 08:45:28 am »

i thought it already had p4 armor?

and btw I love the flippin ostwind. i donnt think anybody uses them as much as me.

my fav build for ost is on def, get 2x schreck gren, officer buff that effects vehicles and boom.

or go dual bottom t3 on blitz, 2x schreck storms.

acc buff, dmg buff, pen buff to rape light vehicles <3
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:47:51 am by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Tachibana Offline
NotADev

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 09:40:57 am »

Why Ostwind when you can STuH

It's like saying "i can understand his concerns that fire breathing dragons live in far away lands"
americans dont dodge wars.
Quote from: Trapfabricator
Literally, The only thing less likely than this is zombie hitler becoming prime minister of israel
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 10:13:43 am »

brilliant suggestion nightrain

giving the ostwind PIV armor will mean zooks and piats are gonna be doing 60% MORE damage to it.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 10:14:39 am »

i love ostwinds, but they never seem to fit into my coys it seems. it's a great unit in the right hands, but i agree, i never see anyone use it. could use a price decrease possibly before the armor change. but good idea, glad someone brought it up!

the main problem is it doesn't receive proper/enough buffs via doctrines as well. like blitz, bottom T3, armor receives more sight IF MG IS BOUGHT, well there isn't an mg for the ostwind, so it should get the extra sight just for choosing the T3. also ostwind gets no skirts either which terror gives additional bonuses to as well.

also why get an ostwind when you can but 2x pumas and do far more damage with them with their speed and mg?

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 10:14:53 am »

piats shouldnt hit an ostwind if the user is competent, and zooks wont penetrate hardly as often.  As of now they constantly penetrate, and osts are down in like 2 volleys so...
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 10:49:42 am »

The Owst is awesome if you keep it at range sniping off units. The problem right now is the meta game of blobbed zooked up rangers using fire-up to chase it down.

You try to keep it supported, but the rangers just run up, fire their volley & run away.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 11:23:01 am »

Buff an ostwind with the bottom and top t3 Def officer, oh my glob i love it.
Well P4s are better tough.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 12:52:58 pm »

Ostwinds work best when combined with a suppression platform due to their habit of sucking against infantry in cover.

If you catch any infantry in the open (IE, using a suppression platform with you to keep them there) then you'll tear them to pieces in short order.

Alternatively, you use it as a Sniper on treads. Pick your targets away bit by bit at max range and don't focus on trying to kill entire squads in one go. Fire one max range burst of rounds, back away. Rinse and repeat over duration whilst keeping their ATG's under control and it'll do pretty well.

Either way, using it like an IST or any standard tank leads to a fast death and most people's view of it being fragile.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 02:02:53 pm »

im confused, why do people try to defend it?

Its not good enough, we all know it.

I also like to see you defend it once ab is back...

skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 02:14:51 pm »

Ost can be pretty nice. But only if you have heavy AT a long side it, like 2x schreck storms etc. Otherwise you just gonna get pwnd, and in such cases you are better off with a P4 which rapes inf too but can take on tanks as well.
Also need sight for it to work, cause you dont want to get close. Like T3 Panzer Command for extra sight. So imo the ost only really viable in blitz doctrine.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 02:18:05 pm »

Would it be possible to give an option to add skirts to Ostwinds?  Because currently their vulnerability vs handheld AT (esp Tank reaper zooks) seems a tad bit high given that their niche is anti-inf.  

I agree with Dnicee once ppl start using AB more often or bother to use AT rifles, the Ostwind is going to be absorbing way too much damage while trying to pick off 1 or 2 guys at max range.  

Hell even if you bother to engage allied infantry w/o handheld at close range for maximum dps, it can end badly with a sticky in the face or an even funnier assymetric warfare surprise.  

I mean I use Ostwinds anyway but I don't think it would be uncalled for a buff against handheld AT.    
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:40:47 pm by Uglysori » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 02:21:39 pm »

yes add skirts, give sight from bottom blitz doct, add a couple small buffs from other docs (not fair that since it doesnt have an MG it misses out on buffs)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 03:36:35 pm »

If you catch any infantry in the open (IE, using a suppression platform with you to keep them there) then you'll tear them to pieces in short order.

for 10pop,there are lots of things out there that can kill inf who are suppresed in open. Heck,2 gren squads will also kill stuff in open 'quite fast'.
Except,if those inf. in open have single atg behind them,your ostwind is useless Wink
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 03:51:05 pm »

Ostwind > AB

Dual ostwinds is just lul against infantyr.
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 04:02:44 pm »

why is tym still allowed to post on the forum?..... Embarrassed
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 04:05:49 pm »

Don't talk like that Dnicee, you'll get a warning from the tank about how the dev team won't stand for that kind of talk.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 04:23:39 pm »

Ostwind > AB

Dual ostwinds is just lul against infantyr.

and then ab player uses smoke  ...ostwind ends in recycled steel...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc