Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:14:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Fixing PE, with a shoutout to OMG/VCOH 2.301  (Read 28716 times)
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2012, 02:58:53 am »

It's hard for me to make suggestions when suggestions have been made in previous threads without much feedback from the BT along with subsequent thread derailment.

However what the hell.  My suggestions will most likely be similar to Niko's and some other ppl's

Infantry:

1. Give Assault Grens and Assault Flammens AB armor
2. TB give them back Soldier armor or possibly AB armor
3. Revert G43s to slow but short the duration a la OMG.  OMG i believe is both a 5 sec slow duration along with a suppression bonus?
4. Bring back the ability to field a 3 pop - 4 pop unit.  Support MGs. 3 man pgrens? 

Armor

1.  Upgrade PE HT armor to Wehr HT armor

2. Decrease ATG accuracy vs 50mm, Marders snd/or increase health

3. or Decrease allied vehicle capability vs them
a. decrease flanking capability:  increase firing arc/turning radius or bring back fire on the move
b. or decrease accuracy vs 50mm/Marders

4. Alleviate pathing issues - Medium crush?

5. Phase armor for IHTs?

6. Less fuel costs for certain PE support vehicles?

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2012, 12:45:17 pm »

No phase armor of IHT's if they become like pumas and dodge everything. Perhaps a speed buff?.

I don't know if its doctrinal but i liked the free repair on IHT's on cooldown. i thought that worked really well.

Does the marder have a smaller arc then a 57?.

I don't know what the marder suffers from, its hits like a fucking bus. Maybe take a look at the lockdown time? maybe what its better rotation speed and lockdown reduction. I know when i play what fucks me over is when i kill a tank in lockdown i immediately die because i cant get it awai fast enuf.

I do think veteran SGT could use a price reduction either that or have the ABILITY to purchase that +1 man.

Does PE get some sort of bonus when blobbed?. I thought in Vcoh when you blobbed them together they got increased damage or something.

On another note why do schrek falls get 2 schreks and a faust???.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2012, 02:52:32 pm »

Currently the unlimited repair on IHTs is some sort of bugged related to deploy troops in an HT in launcher.  It happens for pretty much all HTs in EiRR if I recall.   It's just that in our AT heavy environment it doesn't make a huge difference because you are seeing HTs die quickly before they can take adv of the extra repairs.

PE doesn't get bonus like group zeal in OMG so blobbing does not give a bonus.  In fact it's fascinating to read OMG forums to see their balance issues.  Over there their pgrens have 55 hp w/ soldier armor, sgt suppression bonus w/ sprint, then grp zeal on top.  So blobbing gets to be extremely effective over there since their environment has less vehicles, less elite infantry w/ upgrades, and soldier armor negates alot of the damage of weapon upgrades such as bars and brens.

http://www.omgmod.org/index.php?topic=11126.0  whole thread about it if ppl want to take a look

Firing Arc on Marder's not sure about.  I have trouble figuring where that is in Corsix, I used to use COHstats for firing arc stats back in the day.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:47:34 pm by Uglysori » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2012, 03:06:20 pm »

Panzer_Grenadier_Elite.rgd in ebps -- PGs get 55 hp individually along with infantry armor?  Am I totally reading this wrong or was this some sort of unnoticed gaffe?

Its probobly just some extra unit that was once added but never removed, Kinda like the 50cal jeep.

What you are looking for is the Panzer Grenadier.rgd, atleast thats what the Panzer Grenadier squad is linked to in the RGDs.

Wait, Assult grens are linked to that, lol.
think you might be on to something.

What the flying fuck are assult grens and TBs  linked too?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:24:30 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2012, 03:27:51 pm »

Its probobly just some extra unit that was once added but never removed, Kinda like the 50cal jeep.

What you are looking for is the Panzer Grenadier.rgd, atleast thats what the Panzer Grenadier squad is linked to in the RGDs.

Wait, Assult grens are linked to that, lol.
think you might be on to something.

What the flying fuck are assult grens and TBs  linked too?

You're right. I was looking at the old stats folder not the EiRR folder
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:44:49 pm by Uglysori » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2012, 03:32:06 pm »

Wait, are you looking at Atrib/ebsp/races/Axis_Panzer_Elite/_EuropeInRuins/Soldiers Right?

Never mind, was just checking some old unit stats.
Herp de derp

Anyways, The problem with PE is its infantry.
they can allready spam the ever living shit out of cheap LVs but they cant even fight off a 6 man rifle squad with a 4 man Pgren squad even tough the PGren is more expensive.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:45:03 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2012, 02:56:14 am »

tankedit: Unrelated material removed
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:31:57 am by tank130 » Logged

aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2012, 02:34:14 pm »

Point being is that we can theory craft all we want but nothing really gets done untill its been put into the mod and played and work out the kinks. And as we all know thing have been slow for quite a while now. so untill things get play tested or put into the game this forum is 75% useless.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc