Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 03, 2024, 07:32:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[Yesterday at 01:14:57 pm]

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brutal. Close. Heated. - Dnicee/Ripperz/Terrapin vs Dailydose/X42C1/Wind  (Read 8511 times)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« on: October 09, 2012, 10:51:28 pm »

Hans wreaked some havoc in this game... until he died.

File: http://www.sendspace.com/file/496qbl

Alternate link from DailyDose for those who don't have 7zip: http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25072.0;attach=7199

Allies:

Dnicee: Commandos
Terrapins: Royal Engineers
Ripperz: Armour

Axis:

Blitz: Wind
Blitz: Dailydose
Scorched Earth: X42C1

This battle was intense and took 15 years off my life from barking forcefully at Dailydose in team chat. Became pretty close at the end and all about a delicate dance of infantry vs tanks and limited cappers.

Lots of tanks on both sides but also a big infantry game as well.

Churchills, pershings, panthers, a tiger, a hummel with flames, lots of mp44 storms, some p4s, lots of commandos/commando snipers, me running around with 2 snipers for a while vs no sniper counters... and a precariously close final 10 minutes or so. Also an epicly stupid comment from Terrapins near the end that "Churchill AVRE's aren't Churchill tanks" which is worth the price of admission alone.

Most of all it came down to anyone being able to win -- with capping deciding the outcome. This game had it all.

Edited scoresheet to avoid spoilers:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:26:42 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:52:43 pm »

WAAAAR WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 10:53:51 pm »

LINK doesnt work
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 10:58:58 pm »

Yep you're right. Fixed now with new hoster
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 11:00:50 pm »

7ZIP SOUNDS LIKE A VIRUS
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 11:05:04 pm »

archive is corrupt!
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 11:05:26 pm »

7zip = best zip

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 11:21:12 pm »

can someone confirm being able to extract that archive
dailydose Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 11:25:44 pm »

Yep, the archive's good. However, .7z only allows you to unzip if you have 7zip installed on your machine.

Here is the normal .zip for those without 7zip, although I had to take out the screenshot of the total score.

dailydose

Stop with the walls of text......lol
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 11:26:09 pm »

Fixed again. Sheesh the computers these days
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 11:27:47 pm »

gj dose
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 12:42:32 am »

I gotta admit after reading the exchange in the replay --  What qualifies as a tank for Terrapin?  In game it has the same health as a regular churchill, has the same armor type.  Is this not a tank?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 01:14:35 am »

As much as I'd love to join the discussion on the AVRE being a tank...

I'd rather say I'm quite impressed with DailyDose's end game score, being a bonified new guy to both CoH and EiRR.

May just watch this one later today.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 01:55:40 am »

As much as I'd love to join the discussion on the AVRE being a tank...

I'd rather say I'm quite impressed with DailyDose's end game score, being a bonified new guy to both CoH and EiRR.

May just watch this one later today.

no i know. few games in and the guy without a doubt can handle his own, throw in a few good teammates and he is solid. People shouldnt be afraid to play with the guy. Better than some of the vets i play against.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 09:15:19 am »

Daily was quite the aggressive player which kinda threw me off cause I didn't expect such a new player to be so aggressive.

Lots of MP44 storms which a rare sight but nice to see. Snipers were annoying Sad

Overall, was a decent game.

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 10:54:59 am »

The AVRE is nothing more than a piece of expensive, deployable heavy cover that just takes too long to actually evolve into the heavy cover you want it to be.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 04:42:23 pm »

Watched the replay and have a few observations for you Daily:

When it comes to the unit that you are paying attention to, you seem to be able to control it and micro it fairly well so long as you know before hand what to do with it. At the moment, you are still developing and need to continue developing the ability to keep on top of ALL of your units in field. You very quickly forget about other units or get so caught up with a single unit that you neglect others. A prime example would be your ATG's in this replay. Many times they could have been in much better positions but you allowed yourself to be too caught up with handling your armour at the time. A quick moment to issue a move command to your ATG's every moment or two could have saved you a LOT of hassle in dealing with enemy armour that game.

You're extremely comfortable with your armour. This is good, but you also need to invest some time into working your infantry. I'm not an infantry focused player but Heartmann for example is much more comfortable using his infantry than I am - Seeking out players like this would definitely be helpful to you.

Be more aggressive! If you are not in contact with the enemy, then move up until you are! Every time you are pushed back it's population that is denied for you and your team which will affect you in the long run.

Keep your shit together, all of it. ATG's, MG's and Mortars are only as useful as the other pieces around them. Keeping your Grenadiers near your HMG's or Mortars will stop stray flanking infantry from giving you a hard time. Once you've established keeping your own shit together, keep it with your allies. Always be within pissing distance of some help and don't be afraid to ask for it if you need it. Remember to ask for it WHILE shit is hitting the fan and not afterwards, reinforcements aren't much help to already dead squads.

Finally, keep your enthusiasm to get better. If you keep up your rate of advancement you'll probably end up as a very competent player within the next 30-40 games. Less, if you really fine tune your skills.
dailydose Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 05:23:56 pm »

Those are some very pertinent observations. I'll try to keep them in mind while I play.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 09:22:20 pm »

That's good advice from Hicks.

In the past few games I've noticed that ATG's are your only real major area where you have the most to improve. The "keep your units together" part is also important as well. In this game for example you had a panther on one side of the map and a p4 on the other which would make keeping an eye on both simultaneously impossible to manage as a human.

Thankfully you're that rare case of a newer player who actually works to improve and likes improving which means if you keep at it you'll be a pro in no time.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 08:16:26 am »

When it comes to the unit that you are paying attention to, you seem to be able to control it and micro it fairly well so long as you know before hand what to do with it. At the moment, you are still developing and need to continue developing the ability to keep on top of ALL of your units in field. You very quickly forget about other units or get so caught up with a single unit that you neglect others. A prime example would be your ATG's in this replay. Many times they could have been in much better positions but you allowed yourself to be too caught up with handling your armour at the time. A quick moment to issue a move command to your ATG's every moment or two could have saved you a LOT of hassle in dealing with enemy armour that game.

man i STILL have this problem, last night when i was playing i was microing my pershing so much i totally forgot about my atg/.30 cal i was bringing up, they pretty much came up and got killed probably with out even doing anything lol.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc