Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 03:19:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 02:40:48 pm]

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bren Gun Carrier  (Read 4549 times)
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« on: November 01, 2012, 03:42:30 am »

Consider a buff to bren guns turning rate,

50 to 55 perhaps reasons being,
its the only completely tracked transport, others being Halftracks.
for such a tiny unit only ever transport 1 squad its turning and pathing are terrible
its forward firring weapons leave it rather vulnerable when its not garrisoned, other Ht's have pintle mounted weapons or rear facing weapons also

be gentle just a suggestion to make it more viable as an asset on the field

or heres a crazy idea allow CPTN to use foo from bren mwahahaha

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 07:24:42 am »

It's piss cheap at 30 fuel, and if the enemy infantry has no AT weaponry it can just shred the squad like any half track would.

Use some common sense with your micro and don't throw it right into the middle of an enemy squad and then complain that they are running around the Carrier faster than you can turn. Keep it at a little bit of a distance.

It's pathing is fine and only becomes a problem if you are trying to put it in places it really shouldn't be trying to go through in the first place. That or you are using a large group of Bren Carriers, but then fuck, that's what you get for blobbing.

As for the forward firing weapons, the IHT only has forward firing weapons as well. You'll also notice that it's the only other garrison-able vehicle which can have it's infantry fire out. What I'm saying is that having the infantry fire out comes with a price.

Finally, having the Captain use FOO from the Carrier was enabled before. It was horribly broken and open to abuse, meaning that there is a snowballs chance in hell of seeing it again.

The Bren Carrier is fine.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 09:23:22 am »

piats/rifle grenades + shot blocker + bren is a very powerful combo

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 10:55:09 am »

1. Hicks the Bren carrier is just as cheap as the any other HT there isnt any real price deffirence.

2.I do not know what the stats are on the unit but it does feel the Gun on the carrier is weak compared to American/wehr/pe.

3.It feels slower then other HTS or at least the PE  IHT.

4. Brens are only good with officer and they do not receive a buff, so there isa problem when a unit  tries to attack infantry and ends up doing piss all.

5.Riflenades in a carrier?, please riflenades of any kind are a joke.

6. as far as i know unlike the popular HT spam of allies and PE, the bren carrier doesnt feel as good it does feel goofy to micro and im sure its me but it does feel slow and the turning rate feels terrible.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 10:59:59 am »

imo bren carrier could use a price reduction, i dont know the stats, but im quite sure it has less health than a US/WM HT. The whole point of a vehicle like this is to hold troops, you can only hold one squad in one. And yes, the gun on it is not very good either.

i think the turn speed buff would be nice simply because the arc of fire is so small, especially on the 30 cal BC.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 11:01:54 am »

i dont think price reduction is needed because i can see them being spammed.

Has anyone used recon tommies to fight in a bren carrier after shooting its sniper shot?, its fucking useless other then sight.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 11:09:33 am »

i dont think price reduction is needed because i can see them being spammed.

Has anyone used recon tommies to fight in a bren carrier after shooting its sniper shot?, its fucking useless other then sight.

being spammed? what like other HTs get spammed? lol.

i should of been more clear, when i say price reduction.

US HT 220MP 25FU
CW BC 220 30FU

Is it really any better than a HT? Not really, especially with out doctrine buffs. Also isn't FU supposed to show a units survivability? Anyone know IF there is a health difference between BC and HT? Or if I'm just crazy for thinking it has less health? Either way I doubt the BC has MORE health. Also with it holding less troops, I say bring the MP cost down as well.

I'd suggest something like 200 MP and 20/25 FU
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 11:13:09 am »

A quick tactic tip for anyone using the MG Bren carrier.

If using it as commando run it at the bottom t3 and middle t3 doctrine unlocks(you can go bottom t4 unlock (makes you unkillable by storms as they cant sneak up to your troops without being spotted) if you want but the middle t3 grants Heroic charge with no exhaustion which allows for quick escapes), this unlocks the mark target for they leu which makes units more received acc.
Dropping that on all charging units makes 2 MGbren carriers slaughter any squads that are trying to attack your ATGs or other support weapons as not only cant they directly be flanked but also can push enemy troops out of way and have a mild suppression modifier to their weapon.
ontop of that they are realitvly low pop compared to most other units but so you can have a decent amount of them in your company untill you need to worry about pool costs.

yea they do have pretty shitty turn rate and aren't as good as the PE HT in terms of suppression and damage but are quite good at their job due to the real lack of any light AT that the axis have and even tough a Bren carrier dies to a Gren squad with a zreck aslong as the squad dies its worth it.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 11:25:52 am »

Bren mmg has 315 hp? im probably looking at the stats wrong.

and a ht might have 300.

Bottom line the MMG is sturdier but the regular Bren carrier has 245 HP.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 12:22:50 pm »

well we aren't talking bren mmg, we are talking BC, troop transport.

plus ice is talking doctrine buffed BMMG.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 02:36:03 pm »

Good way to get some bang out of it is to use it to carry captains with heavy weapons or 2 man squads which are vulnerable to dropping weapons on foot.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc