Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:06:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Poll
Question: Who would u vote as president of the USA 2012?
Barack Obama - 22 (78.6%)
Mitt Romney - 6 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Presidential Election 2012 USA  (Read 42972 times)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2012, 03:04:26 pm »

I don't think you know what the word country means, because USA is one whereas the European Union isn't.

Maybe you should do some research on the sovereignty of each American State that gives each nearly as much power and individuality as any European country. You might want to do some research on Federated States, noting the distinctions that the united states gives each of its states (also the power difference between the
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:00:13 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2012, 03:23:45 pm »

I like how you guys, when protesting the generalization of Europeans, end up generalizing Americans.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2012, 03:24:37 pm »

So you're saying I'm wrong in thinking that the US as a country shares a common culture, language and history?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:30:58 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2012, 03:27:43 pm »

So you're saying I'm wrong in thinking that you share a common culture, language and history? Shit like that does matter.

Umm....actually yes.

The culture of California is vastly different from the culture of say, Missouri, or New York.

That's like saying Europe all shares one culture because they have similar language, and a joint history. Hell, Belgium speaks French and German, Austria speaks German, WTF!! Why they not Germany or France?

nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2012, 03:37:45 pm »

The culture of California is vastly different from the culture of say, Missouri, or New York.
And you'd compare that to going from Sweden, down to Portugal and then back around to Belarus?
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2012, 03:53:06 pm »

Well considering almost the entire population of USA is from migrants i wouldn't be surprised that if he is saying is right because people have the habit of settling in community's like the Icelandic community thats there, or the in NY China town.

Another thing i am quite sure Texas is a lot different from California or NY state so unlike Europe they may share English as a laugnige(i cant be arsed to figure out how that word is spelled) but for them its just German is Europe or Russian in The former soviet union.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:04:50 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2012, 04:05:35 pm »

America shares a common language.

Culture is very different depending where you live. The West Coast and Northeast Coast states are quite liberal in both economic and social policy. The South is conservative. Great Lakes areas are socially conservative to a degree, but labor is heavily integrated into the area, leading to semi-liberal economics policy.

I am, of course, painting broad strokes.

It's hard to describe, but people in the United States really don't see eye to eye. Alabama regularly flies Confederate Flags on their state buildings to honor their heritage and their dedication to states' rights. Attempting to do the same in, say, New Jersey, would get you universally ridiculed. Mississippi has lots of African Americans, with the historical baggage that entails. Washington has lots of Asian immigrants who fled their home countries during the Cold War, with resulting cultural changes.

What Americans do is believe they are all American, despite the cultural gulf between regions. That's not true in Europe. It allows states to unconditionally care for one another through fiscal transfers. The same is obviously not true between, say, Germany and Greece.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:16:59 pm by acker » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2012, 04:07:06 pm »

And you'd compare that to going from Sweden, down to Portugal and then back around to Belarus?

Well, if you start around Illinois you can find a good amount of people with Swedish backgrounds proceed to areas of Newyork you can find large amounts of people with ancestry from Belarus then head to California where there are large pockets of people with Portuguese backgrounds
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2012, 04:15:57 pm »

acker put it very well.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
IJustDontCare Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2012, 04:54:19 pm »

Surprisingly United States doesn't have an official language like most countries, at-least not at a federal level.

The main languages are English(82%) and Spanish (10%)

Primary immigrant languages are Spanish, Chinese, French, German, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Italian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_United_States.

Figured I throw this out there.

Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2012, 05:08:35 pm »

Maybe you should do some research on the sovereignty of each American State that gives each nearly as much power and individuality as any European country. You might want to do some research on Federated States, noting the distinctions that the united states gives each of its states (also the power difference between the

I know all about that and USA is still a country. For an example you have a US passport, not a texan/californian/whatever one. There are US embassies around the world, not one for each state. There is a US mission to the UN, not one for each state. It is considered a country in the CIA factbook. etc, etc.

All pretty good clues that the United States of America is a country in case you for some reason wasn't aware of the rather well known fact in the first place. A Federal country is still a country.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:24:57 pm by Sachaztan » Logged

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2012, 06:40:24 pm »

We're not discussing whether or not it is a country. That is self-evident. However, the states act as a union, and conduct foreign affairs as a union, but domestically each have their own individual cultures and sets of laws, under the limited guidance of the Federal government.

Yes, they share a passport and currency. As I recall, however, one can possess a European Union passport as well, and of course ther is the Euro, which is nearly universal across Europe. The States and the European Union are not as different as you'd like to think, perhaps different only in semantics.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2012, 09:43:45 pm »

I know all about that and USA is still a country. For an example you have a US passport, not a texan/californian/whatever one. There are US embassies around the world, not one for each state. There is a US mission to the UN, not one for each state. It is considered a country in the CIA factbook. etc, etc.

All pretty good clues that the United States of America is a country in case you for some reason wasn't aware of the rather well known fact in the first place. A Federal country is still a country.

I see your hung up on words. Im sorry your retarded like that. Hows this for clarification, the US while a country bears many similarities to the EU. Its states also have many laws that make them nearly as individualistic as the countries inside the EU which was my point. If you still have doubts i could start comparing the legal powers that the governing bodies of the average European country and the average American State wield if you still feel like arguing.

Try a response other then "But its country, not same thing!"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:49:39 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2012, 09:57:27 pm »

The cultural discrepancy is on a different scale, Portugal-Spain-Germany-etc don't even share a language.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2012, 10:09:32 pm »

I have about 6 major ethnic centers in my town all with different languages. This doesn't include dialects like Cajun.

There is as much cultural variation in the US as in the EU and maybe more
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2012, 10:16:31 pm »

Last time I checked USA's official language was english, and I'm fairly certain everyone can speak english there.

I never talked about "variation", but scale.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2012, 10:18:31 pm »

I'm fairly certain everyone can speak english there.
You would be surprised how many immigrants only speak limited english here.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2012, 10:23:40 pm »

You would be surprised how many immigrants only speak limited spanish here as well......... lol... they're irrelevant.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2012, 10:55:27 pm »

The cultural discrepancy is on a different scale, Portugal-Spain-Germany-etc don't even share a language.

But they do share an alphabet Smiley
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2012, 02:51:48 am »

But they do share an alphabet Smiley
Not exactly, they don't have åäö
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc