Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:44:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goliath  (Read 33314 times)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2012, 02:53:51 pm »

Pioneers was only used as an example to exaggerate how messed up the target priorities are. I'm pretty sure that small arms will focus on most infantry and support units over the goliath.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2012, 02:55:16 pm »

thats really cute how you are pretty sure.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2012, 02:59:39 pm »

I don't know how to check it, maybe instead of trolling you could bring up the target tables?
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2012, 03:19:04 pm »

There are also two other options:
1. Listen to what I already said before
anyway, lets go trough the list of units that can target the goliath over pios.
ALL ATGS
ALL VEHICLE MAIN WEAPONS
ALL LMGS
ALL SMGS
ALL RIFLES

2. learn how to check it yourself. I wrote a tutorial you know.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2012, 04:13:02 pm »

i must say, is the quads .50 cals it's vehicle main weapon? im pretty sure it is, and im even more sure that it doesnt target goliaths over pios.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 04:23:11 pm by tank130 » Logged

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2012, 04:21:45 pm »

Leo, I was not being a dick about it, I had an "Eeeeeyyy maaaan, No need to be so harsh about it!" attitude, call it the friendly drunk.

Anyway, while we are on priority numbers they follow as... (Higher means bigger "Threat", goli's use bike armor afaik)

QUAD
Sniper - 80 (dafuq?)
Motorcycle - 85
Infantry - 90

30. Machinegun

Bike - 85
Infantry - 90

Thompson&Garand

Bike - 80
Infantry - 80

Sherman 75mm

Inf&Bike = 40
Most tank weaponry follow the same 50/50 rule.

Suggestion, keep shit as it is but move quad priority of bikes to 95 and HMG priority to 90 or 95, these are the supposed "Counters" to Goliaths and bikes after all right? And what's with the quad priority towards snipers? It should be brought up to 90 to be equal to regular inf per standard priority rules.

Tank and infantry weapons should definitely NOT be changed, else you'd see them target bikes over the real threats and that would be a terrible idea.

Edit: In-before tank asked for constructive posts comes a constructive post, fyeah!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 04:26:48 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2012, 04:22:25 pm »

Let stay on topic gents and stop with the personal attacks please.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2012, 04:31:27 pm »

So the problem is goliath doesn't have it's own armor type, it has bike type.

so now you have two units, one that's incredibly deadly and one thats a push off for the most part with same priorities? what a pickle.

what about top MGs do they target goliath already over inf?
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2012, 04:58:35 pm »

Same as 30.'s
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2012, 08:04:44 am »

I explained this to niko, I think this should stay. The goliath forces you to A) stand still and kill it before it gets to you or B) run the hell away and cross your fingers. You can't to both, it forces you into a corner and makes you choose one or the other.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2012, 08:31:36 am »

So the problem is goliath doesn't have it's own armor type, it has bike type.

so now you have two units, one that's incredibly deadly and one thats a push off for the most part with same priorities? what a pickle.

what about top MGs do they target goliath already over inf?

wait bikes have less priority than infantry for other infantry? you mentioned pioneers getting targeted over the goliath.. is this vcoh?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:45:05 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2012, 11:46:39 am »

I don't really see why tanks shouldn't prioritise snipers over other infantry. I mean, is it so bad if the tank decides to actually shoot at the sniper as opposed to anything else in the 1 second the sniper happens to be uncloaked and in range of a tank after firing without the tank player having to scramble for the tiny sniper with his cursor all while hoping the tank isn't too far into it's reload cycle?

Same for quads?

TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2012, 12:48:25 pm »

It just encourages lazy, automated gameplay.

We should be encouraging players to have to take more responsibility for proactive micro, not less.

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2012, 01:06:52 pm »

There's a difference between encouraging "pro-active micro" and "You have one second to react to a sniper shot by clicking the tiny target. Have in mind your tank will need 0.5 seconds to "lock in" on the target, so realistically you have half a second to do this and let your tank turn the barrel at the intended target. Oh, and if you fired beforehand and still managed to pull this feat off.. Well, let's just say it sucks to be you".
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2012, 01:25:11 pm »

Since when is it a problem that tanks are unreliable sniper counters?

Since when do we balance by "relying on x unit to perform y duty outside of its normal role is very difficult, therefore we should introduce changes to remedy that situation!"?

Want to deal with snipers? Get a sniper counter. It's not the dev team's problem if people don't want to have their micro, or lack thereof, to hinder their effectiveness in the game.

Tough luck for the carebears.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:31:11 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2012, 02:07:18 pm »

Just admit that the reason you're having a massive nerd-rage over this is because you like snipers.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2012, 02:08:44 pm »

Outside of Ground firing a splash cannon why are we using tanks for Sniper counters?

I'm missing the argument.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2012, 02:23:38 pm »

Dont worry Brn, there isnt an actual argument here.
just a bunch of people angry that they dont know how to micro for shit or adapt to the battlefield around them.

The only thing that needs work for the goliath at all is pool cost.
Bars have pool, Zooks have pool, mines have pool costs so  fail to see why gols shouldnt have one.

on the other hand if you are going to actually fight a goliath company don't retreat as soon as you see a Goliath near your vet for if you retreat your vet before it actually blows up you are an idiot, for even tough most of the squad may die there might still be 2-3 guys left that have zooks, RRs, Bars, Grenades that can be used so stop being such a pussy and hoard vet and use your troops for their fullest potential instead.

Also if a gol is running after your tank just stop and aim at it, if its at long range your tank is a lot better at hitting it instead when you are backing it up like a pussy.

if the enemy (for example shab) is running gols their strat is pretty predictable, they most often hide close to open space and have a single unit scouting for it, look for that and somewhere near there is a gol.
Another thing if the enemy is running gols just keep your ATGs aiming at the roads for they always think that thats the best way to go from A to B but if you are running brits then go with ATGs and Leus next to each other, that makes you pretty certain of hitting the gol even on an open field so for the future, stop complaining and use your fucking brains.

Another thing is to keep along with your sniper counter 2-3 single jeep callins to scout and block Golis for you.

Also this game shows a good way on how to not suck against gols.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:59:05 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2012, 03:09:33 pm »

Just admit that the reason you're having a massive nerd-rage over this is because you like snipers.

Yes, the reason I'm dismantling your terribly illogical argument must be "just because I like snipers". Otherwise I'd be completely fine with horribly poor, completely non-sensical arguments in support of altering the mod.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 03:31:36 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2012, 03:20:33 pm »

Dont worry Brn, there isnt an actual argument here.
just a bunch of people angry that they dont know how to micro for shit or adapt to the battlefield around them.

The only thing that needs work for the goliath at all is pool cost.
Bars have pool, Zooks have pool, mines have pool costs so  fail to see why gols shouldnt have one.

on the other hand if you are going to actually fight a goliath company don't retreat as soon as you see a Goliath near your vet for if you retreat your vet before it actually blows up you are an idiot, for even tough most of the squad may die there might still be 2-3 guys left that have zooks, RRs, Bars, Grenades that can be used so stop being such a pussy and hoard vet and use your troops for their fullest potential instead.

Also if a gol is running after your tank just stop and aim at it, if its at long range your tank is a lot better at hitting it instead when you are backing it up like a pussy.

if the enemy (for example shab) is running gols their strat is pretty predictable, they most often hide close to open space and have a single unit scouting for it, look for that and somewhere near there is a gol.
Another thing if the enemy is running gols just keep your ATGs aiming at the roads for they always think that thats the best way to go from A to B but if you are running brits then go with ATGs and Leus next to each other, that makes you pretty certain of hitting the gol even on an open field so for the future, stop complaining and use your fucking brains.

Another thing is to keep along with your sniper counter 2-3 single jeep callins to scout and block Golis for you.

Also this game shows a good way on how to not suck against gols.

I have to lol at your comment ice. dont retreat rifles, ok thats easy enough, end up with 2-3 guys left? not really, with terror goliaths you are lucky if you are left with just just 1-2 guys, which are useless outside of capping.

stopping your tank to shoot goliath? this is a pretty huge risk imo, so if you miss that goliath you just shrug your shoulders as your tank takes 70% damage from it?

though the atgs pointing on the roads is a good tactic. your other two claims, not so much.

Also I'd like to comment that game doesn't show shabs main goliath spam company, i am pretty sure that was a company he made on the spot to try something a bit new.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 03:22:19 pm by RikiRude » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc