Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:33:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adaire - Map Beta Test  (Read 15615 times)
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2012, 12:05:48 am »

Let me be more specific about how I think you can improve the map and make it more competitive.

The positions I've marked in red are areas where I think there are problems. On the right side I've marked a road passageway with red, I think these roads are too narrow and I often get stuck there with vehicles. I have also marked a line to the right of the map. This passageway is also too small, I think you should remove some of the debris/trees here as it would expand this area of the map and improve possible flanking.

As for the red rings, the barrels and airplanes I don't think they add anything, especially not when they are so bunched up. The three buildings I've marked, I think they are in the way of where you want to have your units to get a good initial starting position on the map to make it easier to attack the city.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2012, 04:46:35 am »

So you troll and insult unknown for not adding your map, but when there is an issue that needs to be fixed you cba?

Interesting turn of events there.......

fix pathing tank

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2012, 10:12:26 am »

fix pathing tank

What is the pathing? problem.....where is the pathing problem?

I have played the map about 20 times and have NOT experienced a pathing problem. Perhaps you need to L2P? Or perhaps you played the map once, lost and are blaming the map?

OR, if there is pathing problem (world builder does not show one) then you could explain it.

I am more then willing to make changes to the map, but "fix pathing" is not going to garner any results.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2012, 10:14:56 am »

Let me be more specific about how I think you can improve the map and make it more competitive.

The positions I've marked in red are areas where I think there are problems. On the right side I've marked a road passageway with red, I think these roads are too narrow and I often get stuck there with vehicles. I have also marked a line to the right of the map. This passageway is also too small, I think you should remove some of the debris/trees here as it would expand this area of the map and improve possible flanking.

As for the red rings, the barrels and airplanes I don't think they add anything, especially not when they are so bunched up. The three buildings I've marked, I think they are in the way of where you want to have your units to get a good initial starting position on the map to make it easier to attack the city.

Thanks for the details Pony. I will work on fixing this up.
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2012, 11:19:13 am »

I think pony's points are pretty good. That one road behind the houses on the right in front of the hedge is a tad too narrow and the passage between the two semi destroyed buildings there would be nice if it was just a smidgeon wider as stuarts and m8s can get through but really struggle.

The buildings at the top of the city area in the center that pony marked make it tricky to use infantry in that area. if they were small garrisonable buildings or there was better cover in the field behind that I think it would allow more options with the middle.

I really enjoy the map but it is a little tricky to bring infantry directly into that middle area. I haven't tried a whole lot but if it isn't currently possible making it easier to have infantry on the area around the train building but not actually in it would be nice.
Currently when i've tried, my infantry stand near the base of that platform but if it was a bit more like the abbeville building, which has a little space around it, I think that would be a good improvement.

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2012, 11:30:22 am »

Perhaps you need to L2P?

lol

so anyway in centre all shit stux same happens next to any hedge or bush, aint trolling, played urs map 4 - 5 times
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 05:14:52 pm »

I have made some very significant changes to the map:

1.) Increased road width on East side between buildings and field
2.) deleted building and increased road between destroyed buildings on East side
3.) East field - removed small hay loft and moved house. Deleted trees to open flank
4.) South East - Deleted trees you could drive through (no idea why people bitched about that....but oh well)
5.) Deleted houses South of the city
6.) City center - deleted three buildings, removed some fencing - if you can't get your units through there now, uninstalled Eirr
7.) Deleted some random hedges, Walls, etc to open up
8.) Airfield - removed some fencing, removed 3 airplanes
9.) Removed fuel barrels from West supply yard
10.) West Barracks area - removed 2 buildings and Tank wreak

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2012, 02:10:51 am »

Good work tank, it looks very promising.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2012, 02:18:40 am »

looks promising +1

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2012, 02:26:17 am »

looks wayyyy better!

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc